The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Saw this last nite forgot to post it
166206327.jpg

Soldato
Hah Chelsea.

IM not going to brag too much as we will invariably get spanked by them but I have a mate at work who is a Chelsea fan and was listening to talksport were one of their presenters is a fan and they are getting so bitter about the whole thing :D

"Its only a reserve game"
Its only the Carling cup"
"We had a poor team out"
"we'll get revenge in the season"

Dont be so bitter lads! Promise I wont be when you spank us 6-0 in the league :D :p :D

Caporegime
The property business is now debt free as well, which will only be a good thing. Lots and lots of profitable activities going on within Arsenal at the moment. :)

Wenger is also saying that Szczesny deserves his chance, apparently he was excellent for Brentford and while the standard of football is very much below that of the Premier League he is still one to watch according to those who have seen him extensively. I think that Fabianski has had way too many chances now and the comments Wenger made about him being potentially World Class are absolutely laughable. He's making an idiot out of Arsene, every time he backs Fabianski and says he has confidence in him, and every time Fabianski is given an opportunity he totally screws it up with his weak and feeble goalkeeping. He should have saved the Robbie Keane shot, he shouldn't have picked up the backpass in the Champions League, he should have saved the N'Zogbia shot, he shouldn't have switched off at the Porto free kick, the list goes on and on, he's just a liability, so much so that other teams specifically target him when he plays and when that happens to any player then it's time to consider an alternative for the good of the club. Wenger needs to open his eyes and maybe admit that he was wrong about Fabianski, if not in public then at least to himself, he seems to be hanging on to the idea that one day Fabianski will be a great goalkeeper, despite already coming out and saying that he sees Szczesny as the future Arsenal number 1 goalkeeper. The problem is that I see Wenger keeping Fabianski, and continually giving the error prone clown chance after chance, while Szczesny remains playing for the reserves, continually unhappy with his position at the club until he eventually leaves and we are stuck with Fabianski as our only other alternative for when Almunia finally retires, leaves, or is sold.

So far this season Almunia hasn't really been tested very much, but at set pieces notably he has looked much better and more confident than he did in previous years gone by. He did actually have a very good season a couple of years ago and we can't do anything about the situation now anyway, I'm happy for him to continue as first choice, especially when the only alternative it seems is Fabianski. Wenger should show his faith in Szczesny soon, he should either start against West Brom or at least be given a go in the Champions League against Belgrade. Mannone was given a chance last year in the easier Champions League games, there's no reason why we can't give Szczesny a chance in Serbia. Fabianski really shouldn't be anywhere near the first team and people often point out that the defence don't have confidence in Almunia and they are already uneasy when they know he is playing, well that must be magnified ten fold if a goalkeeper like Fabianski is playing, he really is a walking joke. What are his wrists made of if he can't even save a tame shot like the Keane goal? Paper? Wet tissue? Seriously... Give Szczesny his chance before he ends up walking out and going elsewhere, as he doesn't strike me as a player who will be content to sit around and watch mistake after mistake from our number 2 (how appropriate).

Caporegime
At his age - I don't see why he shouldn't be given a chance either. Particularly since Mannone was last year.

I say do it tomorrow, for like a half or something against W Brom.

I would make a more generous manager than yourself then, I'd give him the whole game. :p

I just think it's West Brom, and no disrespect to them at all, they've done excellently to get back up to the top league but they are still West Brom, the Midlands' 3rd best team. If you can't try out your new goalkeepers against them then who can you try them out against?! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom