The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I love the Rafa ruined him stuff. Keane played consistently in his favoured position for several months before getting dropped for **** performances and Rafa get's knocked. Keane then joins Spurs, he's in and out of the side, often playing out wide and nothing gets said.

Rapturefail was Rafa's fault too i have you know.

Soldato
I'd say Keane was only really in tip top form because before he left for Liverpool he was playing with Berba and that was a magical partnership for some reason. Those two seasons we finished 5th I think?

Man of Honour
"Over the last few weeks I have been feeling tired and my GPS results have shown that. It shows I am heading for an injury and that is the last thing I want. Especially heading into the Euros."

Straight from the horse's (Wilshere's) mouth.

Caporegime
I'd say Keane was only really in tip top form because before he left for Liverpool he was playing with Berba and that was a magical partnership for some reason. Those two seasons we finished 5th I think?

its funny, Redknapp fans would have you believe Spurs were an established relegation battling side when he took over and somehow massively improved them.

Fact is Spurs were the established 5th side fighting for 4th, they sold their main striking partnership and Pav/Modric took a couple months to adjust, since then Spurs have been exactly where you'd expect, except of course spending a lot more on wages with a bigger squad making a loss....... who would have guessed that when he was appointed :p

"Over the last few weeks I have been feeling tired and my GPS results have shown that. It shows I am heading for an injury and that is the last thing I want. Especially heading into the Euros."

Straight from the horse's (Wilshere's) mouth.

I find it utterly hilarious Wenger thinks a non injury prone player doing some light training and a few games will kill him, but Fabregas, with the same injury being redone constantly who played all summer, is rushed back for games time after time then played for the full 90 minutes every game till he's reinjured.

Theres about 10 games this season that subbing Cesc from 60 or so mins on would have been completely safe, games were were utterly dominant and leading by either a small or massive margin. Instead he played him till the last seconds, replacing people without the same injury issues, and then Cesc gets reinjured.

Essentially Wenger's opinion on how much and when people should play is irrelevant, he's a complete idiot on the subject.

Hell if Cesc wasn't injured as much we may have won the title as we are so completely different with and without him.

Any sports science/doctor/anything will tell you the chances of injury increase over time as you exercise, IE chance of injury in the final 10 minutes is exponentially higher than the first 10 mins.

let him play, he wants to play, no reason not to, its only the under 21's but still a chance to actually win something for England and have someone whose won something in the team, something we're short on.

Caporegime
As told to say by Wenger ;)

Pretty much.

It's just club V country argument again. Clubs won this time, with Caroll and Wilshire. Does the National team no good, and there is really no excuse as to why a few more games and some more light training would "damage" a 19/20 year old professional sportsman.

Soldato
its funny, Redknapp fans would have you believe Spurs were an established relegation battling side when he took over and somehow massively improved them.

Fact is Spurs were the established 5th side fighting for 4th, they sold their main striking partnership and Pav/Modric took a couple months to adjust, since then Spurs have been exactly where you'd expect, except of course spending a lot more on wages with a bigger squad making a loss....... who would have guessed that when he was appointed :p

Well to be fair, we were at the bottom of the league on the 2nd of december or whatever it was. I've not heard fellow spurs fans myself say that we were an established relegation battling team. More the "what on earth are we still doing down there, this isn't how it's supposed to be" sort of angle. Redknapp came in and just put that confidence back in them all. The majority of the squad was of course there.

And I agree the selling of the main striking partnership ruined us. But then with both Keane and Berba wanting to play for the teams they've "supported since childhood" there was very little we could do.

The squad is a bit too big. Nobody would disagree with that and we obviously all want to trim it. The club and supporters alike. But I don't think the current wage set up has left us in trouble by any means. Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis are too shrewd to let it get like that.

Man of Honour
As much as I love to hate Man City, that has to be BS. Spurs fans aren't quiet really and Wigan don't have any fans... :confused:

Nice to see Man Utd in second though.

Man of Honour
The only reason we're not last is because 1) There's 60,000 of us and 2) Away fans.

You could fall asleep at the emirates sometimes. Also...

A decibel meter was set up inside every Premier League club on three separate occasions during the 2010/2011 season, with an average taken to give a table of the top flight's loudest supporters.

If they did that during spurs/man u/chelsea then we'd be top.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not really, you cant judge it from TV

Sky regularly mute crowd mic's for their own agenda.
A fair few times this season at Anfield you couldn't even make out there were any away fans in the ground (and atmosphere at Anfield was crap this year), yet on the Sky coverage it looks like we'r being consistently out noised by 3k or so away fans.

I also love how every pic on that shows the teams fans chanting and celebrating, except Everton .. which is just a pic of them abusing Stevie G Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom