The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skysports.com understands Newcastle will not be offering star midfielder Joey Barton a new contract at St James' Park.

You know you're a top midfielder when even Newcastle don't want you :p

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6951316,00.html

Liverpool and Aston Villa are also thought to be keen on Barton and news of his contract situation could see them step up their interest in the player this summer.

Liverpool want him? Ahaha :o

I read in the newspaper this morning that while Wilshere has ruled himself out of the Under-21 Championship it's highly likely that Wenger will be taking him on the pre season tour which includes two open training sessions in Malaysia, a match against a Malaysian 11 and then a trip to China to play a match against Hangzhou Greentown. Then they'll be flying back for the Emirates Cup, doesn't sound like Wilshere will get much more rest than he would if he went to the England tournament. Personally I was against him playing for the under 21's this summer, but for him/Wenger to come out and give a fitness reason for it is just laughable.

Also there's another bit of hypocrisy on Wenger's part as he said in 2009 that long distance summer tours are not a proper way to prepare players, but then does a complete U-turn and takes us on a tour of Asia. I'm all for tapping into the Asian territories, I think you have to given the amount of revenue it can create for you club.

Also there's another bit of hypocrisy on Wenger's part as he said in 2009 that long distance summer tours are not a proper way to prepare players, but then does a complete U-turn and takes us on a tour of Asia. I'm all for tapping into the Asian territories, I think you have to given the amount of revenue it can create for you club.

I wouldn't say its hypocrisy, I'm sure Wenger would say exactly the same thing today. However, the powers that be, including Kroenke, realise that training camps in Austria don't bring in the $$$ or help to increase the fan base. Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and other PL teams have been tapping into the Asian market for years, its about time we got in on the act.

Wengers an idiot, when will people learn however nothing you have said has any bearing on that at all.

So Wenger believes he should be rested, fair enough even if its stupid and he's just going to have yet another player resenting him. But, to be rested, he should never train again, or do a preseason and go into the first game of the year without having done any training?

As for Malaysia, thats more rubbish from Wenger, training in the middle of nowhere in Switzerland or Denmark, or the Ukraine, or playing in Malaysia, you're talking about one flight thats 8-10 hours longer, and the result is you player marginally competitive games that can generate millions short term and even more long term.

Wilshire however would be playing those games in preseason if they were in Scotland, Malaysia, or the moon, the point wasn't for WIlshire to never do anything ever again but a solid break at some stage vs no break at all is clearly VERY different and he hasn't changed his tune on that at any point.

This is all ignoring the simple fact that anyone with half a brain can see Wengers hardly got the perfect pre-season routine to avoid injuries sorted out with Arsenal consistantly one of the worst teams in the league for losing key players and for lengthy periods. If going to Asia isn't the best way to do pre-season, what is, because whatever Wenger's been doing is clearly not working either.

Not least when you go to Austria and then let the utterly reckless Diaby partake in any training with players who aren't protected inside a humvee.

Last edited:
DM I got confused as to which parts you were saying I was stupid and which parts you were saying Wenger is stupid. Shall I just assume that both me and Arsene are stupid and that way everyone is happy? :p

I agree with one point he made, if our players are to be injured pre season, then he may as well be 'Diaby'd' while on a money spinning tour in Asia rather than Austria.

We're well behind in terms of tapping into foreign markets. When the South African started working for us he said we'd be going ahead with those summer breaks but only now after Kroenke took over it is starting. We're probably the third best known football club in England and we've probably missed out a lot this way; it's strange that Wenger has stopped tours that would have made good economic sense.

I think the problem is that ten years ago Wenger's views on fitness and lifestyle were indeed revolutionary against what the game was in England at that time. Some people, including the guy himself still probably think his points of view are valid on the subject but this just isn't the case. The rest have caught up.

Fulham have been awarded the extra Europa league place. But once again the BBC fail to follow up the actual facts:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13492544.stm

Chelsea topped the Premier League Fair Play table but having already qualified for the Champions League, Fulham in second were given the Europa spot.

I thik they will find Fulham actually finished fourth behind Chelsea, Spurs and Man U.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine...ier-league-revealed-where-does-your-club-rank

Not sure if this has already been posted, Loudest fans in the PL ranked

Wigan > Man City/Spurs :D

newcastle_1.jpg

I certainly wouldn't be very loud in a stadium with this bloke, i'd be too busy carefully watching him for when he decided to axe murder everyone in sight :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom