The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14080388.stm
City agree 10 year stadium sponsorship deal to rename Eastlands into the Etihad Stadium.

Manc journalist on Talksport suggests its £10mill a year + a "Big" one off payment upfront, which City wont be disclosing so have to wait for the financial results to be available next year.

-edit-
So isnt this like, sponsoring yourself, precisely the thing UEFA said they wouldn't allow through FFP, do i expect them to do anything? not likely... waste of space, just like FIFA

-edit 2-
Love how stupid the Etihad statement is, they suggest that being in the CL will grant them coverage all over the world through this naming deal. However under UEFA rules, in the CL:
Clubs can not display 'naming rights' sponsorship on the inside of the stadium, anywhere visible on TV, or on the inside of the building which UEFA exec's may come into contact with.
On the tickets, and the outside is okay though.

So in reality, Etihad are either a) idiots, b) lying (Needed an excuse to give city $$$$) or c) both

Last edited:
How is an Eithad sponsorship, sponsoring ourselves?
Eithad is a state owned airline IIRC, Sheikh Mansour is not the ruler in Abu Dhabi so :confused:

How is is it stupid?
They have just supplied the team with the use of a Man City plane which will be used for Champions League games so that is massive coverage all over Europe.
Etihad will be able to use City players in commercials etc like utd do with Turkish Airlines, now we are in the Champions League it is more appropriate to use them and more likely for people to be interested.

If it's in breach of the fair play rules UEFA set up, City won't be playing in Europe. Simple no?

They even commented on clubs doing this.
Well it wont be.
The deal would have been scrutinized hundreds of times by us and Etihad and already probably submitted to UEFA.
I can't imagine the deal would have been done had there been any kind of indication that the deal may possible be a breach of rules.

Hmm. You seem very certain. Time will tell though eh?
Why wouldn't i be?

Like i said earlier this deal would have been scrutinized by some of the best lawyers etc in the World multiple times before being announced.
HH knows we need to reach FFP so why would he sanction deals that have the possibility of not being allowed?

Everything we do now will have to be perfect so that UEFA can't complain. I cant imagine City/Eithad kicking it off with a dodgy deal.
A deal that will be scrutinized the most because of the size and value of the deal.

Eithad is Arabic for United.

Enjoy playing at the United Stadium next season, City. :D
the word "Etihad" means Union....variations of the word mean slightly different words...."United" from the name of the country United Arab Emirates is written a slightly different variation of the word Etihad to mean united, which
is a variation of Union...

I'm taking, from this, that "Etihad", written in it's native Arabic, has slight variations to the word and our version, ie the Airline, means nothing more than "Union".

the word "Etihad" means Union....variations of the word mean slightly different words...."United" from the name of the country United Arab Emirates is written a slightly different variation of the word Etihad to mean united, which
is a variation of Union...

I'm taking, from this, that "Etihad", written in it's native Arabic, has slight variations to the word and our version, ie the Airline, means nothing more than "Union".

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.

I love it, City who's previous owner was some evil Thai man who was under arrested in his home country?

It would be very funny if they're not allowed in, Chelsea could also be in a spot of bother. They're wage budget is incredible.

It says a lot when you have to be a bit of an 'Arab expert' to support a dreary English club like Man City. Sad times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom