The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldinho in his pomp was better then Ronaldo (current) for the same reason Messi is.
Individually devastating, whilst being substantially more effective as a team player.
I mean, Ronaldinho was never the sort to burst a lung tracking back to do defensive duty but in the opponents half his movement off the ball was phenomenal and his passing ability second to none.
Current Ronaldo really is the definition of a selfish modern footballer, which lets him down.

Now comparing old Ronaldo to current Ronaldo.. too close to call. Although i would like to see modern Ronaldo do what he does whilst carrying an extra 7 stone like the old one ;)

Last edited:
:o

Ok one last time

1- I didn't say all players from Brazil were inconsistent I said Ronaldo and Ronaldinho weren't at the top for as long as they should have been. Messi & Ronaldo have both been the best players on the planet now for 5/6 years can the same be said of Ronaldo? No. He had a great world cup and first season and a half at Real Madrid.

Fat Ronaldo just never did it consistently over a 3/4 year period to warrant being in the same company as Messi and Cristiano IMO same goes with Ronaldinho - must be a Brazilian thing. Messi and Cristiano though have both been consistently the two best players in the world for 6 years now - jesus it's been that long :eek:

You just said that it "must be a Braslian thing" about players being inconsistent :o

2- all that your stats which ironically you keep bitching about people using to prove an argument show is that he scored goals they don't as you previously said tell the whole story. Again watch the Ronaldo from 2002/2003 and tell me that's the same Ronaldo 3 years later that played against Arsenal. The answer is no.

Ummm, that's true of a lot of players that have injury problems and are at the end of their career :confused:

No, stats don't show the whole story, but you said he was inconsistent, which as been proved he wasn't. Funny Ronaldo's been in Spain a couple of years too, I hope he doesn't turn out like fat Ronaldo. You then say he declined as a footballer? Shock horror so do other players that are suffering from injury and at the back end of their career. I'm not sure why you bought that up.

Brazilian Ronaldo at his best better than Cristiano Ronaldo at his best? Debatable. Who's been at the top of their game for longer? No debate Cristiano Ronaldo wins hands down.

Tell C Ronlado to come back when he's won a World Cup ;)

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a fantastic player and is enjoying a great run of form in Spain, but I don't think he's as good as Ronaldo was when both at their respective bests.

C Ronaldo's biggest problem is he's not a team player, he's far too selfish. Messi works for the team and isn't selfish.

Oh what have we started :p
What have i started ;) :p

For the record i dont hold C Ronaldo as one of the best players to ever play.
His goal scoring, trophies, assists etc etc i agree are second to none and he will in the future be recognized.
But for me every time i have watched him play eg all the derby games v City and v Barca he has never impressed me. I dont watch Real v Betis etc during which i imagine the large amount of his goals are scored.

Messi continues to impress me every game i watch against every team.
He is truly phenomenal.

I am probably bias because he used to play for utd but thats just how i see it.

C Ronaldo's biggest problem is he's not a team player, he's far too selfish. Messi works for the team and isn't selfish.

This is one thing most people get completely wrong, he really isn't, if you watched Real you would see just how high his assist rates would be if, Benzema hadn't been crap for two years, if Kaka and Di Maria didn't miss a ridiculous amount of chances. Ronaldo in the last game of the season, with the chance to push league/season record scoring even higher and help hold those records longer, got 3-4 assists, maybe 5, though a couple didn't count for some reason. he was unbelievable and utterly completely unselfish in that game. In I think the previous game he put on a Cesc like pass for Ozil who was called offside after a great finish, despite being clear as day onside.

Messi, has Pedro, villa, Ibra, Xavi, etc, etc to finish off the chances he creates.

Ronaldo isn't selfish, Fabregas creates more chances than anyone by a country mile and SHOULD get a crapload more assists, he also made great runs throughout the past 3 seasons that with a decent pass would end up goals, thats happening with better players passing to him at Barca.

Ronaldo not an exciting winger, is a rather stupid thing to say aswell, he plays from the wing, its really as simple as that, he's exciting, and pulls off moves most/all other players can't. In what possible way can you call him not a winger and not exciting, he's started a handful of games upfront, and 99% of his games on the wing.

Whose better, impossible to judge really, Ronaldo was, not quite pure power, a huge amount of skill but most of the time he was a very different type of player. Its still fairly easy to compare, has anyone come close to Ronaldo(fat one) in terms of scoring as a striker, yes, has anyone come close to Messi/Ronaldo's assists, scoring, technique in their position, no.

Messi/Ronaldo are better than any other wingers, by a large gap, Fat Ronaldo was a great striker, but he wasn't in a league all on his own unmatched by other players.

The Ronaldo/Messi argument is even harder, Messi has had a team built around him since his early teens, and since starting first team games has basically had the best team in the world around him. Ronaldo hasn't had that at Utd or Real, while good teams neither really "matched" Barca and still don't.

Then you've got the Ronaldo scored more in a smaller team, and maybe is a bit more selfish, but didn't he both outscore Messi and acts more selfishly, again due to the team he's in. If you switched players, would Messi have scored as many as Ronaldo, would he have shot more due to the players around him and a pass being the worse option, or would have have scored less because the players around him were worse, for Ronaldo, would he choose to pass more often and get more assists, would he score less, or would he score and assist more due to the quality around him.

Ronaldo/Messi, equally good, fat Ronaldo, great striker, don't think he was as good as those two are now.

What have i started ;) :p

For the record i dont hold C Ronaldo as one of the best players to ever play.
His goal scoring, trophies, assists etc etc i agree are second to none and he will in the future be recognized.
But for me every time i have watched him play eg all the derby games v City and v Barca he has never impressed me. I dont watch Real v Betis etc during which i imagine the large amount of his goals are scored.

Messi continues to impress me every game i watch against every team.
He is truly phenomenal.

I am probably bias because he used to play for utd but thats just how i see it.

Think that's how a lot of people compare him and messi, and rightfully so, he seems to fade away in the derby matches vs barca. Where as Messi gets a kicking all game but still manages to have amazing moments.

Then again Messi has the amazing barca team around him, I wouldn't swap any of their Midfield or forwards for a Real Player bar Ronaldo.

Do you get Setanta in Northern Ireland? They show a 3pm kick-off every week (Liverpool this week). You shouldn't have a problem finding a bar with it, providing you do get Setanta over there.

There’s a new Mario Balotelli controversy, as it’s reported Cesare Prandelli was angered by ‘a lazy warm-up’ and using his iPad on the bench.
The Manchester City striker only played for the final six minutes of Friday’s Euro 2012 qualifier against the Faroe Islands.

It is now claimed he was set to come on early in the second half, but Coach Prandelli decided to delay the change after seeing his ‘lazy warm-up’ on the touchline.

There are even suggestions Balotelli was too distracted to pay attention to the game, as he brought his iPad with him on to the bench.

It remains to be seen how Prandelli will use this behaviour when making his decision on the starting XI against Slovenia.

If Italy win that game at the Stadio Franchi on Tuesday evening, they will be automatically qualified for Euro 2012.

Good old Balotelli. He just loves his Angry Birds :D

TBH i dont blame him for using his iPad, Italy beating Faroe Islands 1-0 :o

Just saw this...
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...vile-e-mail-storm-over-Nedum-Onuohas-mum.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...dum-Onuohas-mum-devastated-by-vile-email.html

I am reading this email as Cook telling off Marwood for not dealing with the contract situation.... "how can you sleep at night" in reference to wasting time when his mother has cancer and so cannot do a lot of negotiations and so Marwood should just get it sorted?

Or am i reading it wrong???

Being sent this email is worse than being told you have cancer?

and also
I couldn't tell Nedum or any of my family because I didn't know how they would react.

So you just go to a national newspaper?

The sooner Onouha is gone the better, this bit of "news" was likely done by his "advisor" Jobrachin. The sooner he takes Onouha and Tevez the better.

Just saw this...
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...vile-e-mail-storm-over-Nedum-Onuohas-mum.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...dum-Onuohas-mum-devastated-by-vile-email.html

I am reading this email as Cook telling off Marwood for not dealing with the contract situation.... "how can you sleep at night" in reference to wasting time when his mother has cancer and so cannot do a lot of negotiations and so Marwood should just get it sorted?

Or am i reading it wrong???

Being sent this email is worse than being told you have cancer?

and also

So you just go to a national newspaper?

The sooner Onouha is gone the better, this bit of "news" was likely done by his "advisor" Jobrachin. The sooner he takes Onouha and Tevez the better.

Know what the problem is?

Your source is the sun.

Tomorrow Colleen Rooney will be pregnant with John Terrys kid!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom