The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Underboss
Tested all my pc parts other then a new psu on my old motherboard.. If it works then it looks like my psu is what has died.. :( gonna try it when I finish work.

All my hard drives SSD's ram etc all work in my mates pc so that's good news...

I really do hope it's the psu that's broke and not my motherboard lol :(

Hope it gets sorted soon bro!

Soldato
Tested all my pc parts other then a new psu on my old motherboard.. If it works then it looks like my psu is what has died.. :( gonna try it when I finish work.

All my hard drives SSD's ram etc all work in my mates pc so that's good news...

I really do hope it's the psu that's broke and not my motherboard lol :(

Fingers crossed for you.

Soldato
I've got one to borrow for tonight only a 450 tho but it's only for testing... Keep hold of that 650 tho if u wanna sell it and mine is borked I'll have it off ya. :) just need to finish work now :(

Soldato
You can't say 60hz is enough until you have tried 144hz @ 144+ min frames. It's magic :p

Getting my first 120hz monitor was better then losing my Virginity...

Back to pc issues... My psu works fine in my mates pc so it's defo my motherboard...

Bought a gigabyte z77 ud3 board.. New watercooling too as pump on my old one sounded a bit dodgy... Parts should be here Friday and ill get new pc built hopefully Friday night quick format and ill be back online Saturday hopefully :)

Woohoo :) cheers for the advice and help peeps :)

Fingers crossed my cpu isn't borked too cause thats the only thing I cant test... It has been clocked at 5ghz for a few years under water but it's been rock solid and my only crashes have been from gpu crashes.. Soon find out Friday :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't wait to go 120/144, my two cards here hardly break a sweat at 60. So much horsepower just sat there pootling along lol. But there's no way I'm buying a TN panel, yuck yuck. IPS 1440p Freesync 120/144 and 1ms g2g are the key to unlocking this boys heaven.

Soldato
I can't wait to go 120/144, my two cards here hardly break a sweat at 60. So much horsepower just sat there pootling along lol. But there's no way I'm buying a TN panel, yuck yuck. IPS 1440p Freesync 120/144 and 1ms g2g are the key to unlocking this boys heaven.

The benq uses the same panel as the swift which has had rave reviews about it's colours. I think TN panels have come a long way

Soldato
I'm not sure if I'm getting what you mean but I noticed next to the entrance of the locker tunnel from D-C when next to the wall it was vibrating :confused:.

Soldato
Really have been away from the multiplayer since, well, just after BF4 was released so I have never actually got into it. I haven't played a Battlefield game properly online since Desert Combat, so it all feels very unfamiliar to me.

Tried TDM last night, but I only have like 1 assault rifle unlocked. Is it just a grind fest to unlock better weapons/attachments? Any advice on speeding the process up?

Lovely game though. Having come to it off the back of CoD:AW, it is completely different and for an older game feels far better.

It does not like my Netduma R1 though. If I enable the Geofilter it whinges and won't let me connect to any servers. Guess I am gonna have to manually program in the ports or something. Having said that the servers I played on were not bad at all. I only used quickplay with the noob filter though :p

I have been using a Benq 120/144hz monitor for about 14 months. I went off PC gaming completely back in December, and when I come back to a couple of weeks ago after playing PS4 games on a 40in TV my eyes don't work properly. I get headaches and the screen feels all wrong. :(

Looking back I had a bad time last year with headaches and have barely had a single one since December. I never put two and two together but I recently read about PWM in gaming monitors causing headaches. But apparently my monitor does not use PWM, so I dont know (BenQ XL2420T rev2.0). All I do know is that playing games on my PC for any length of time gives me a bad head, and tenses up my neck and shoulders. I guess it could be posture but I am using the same chair and desk that I used before I built the new PC.

Ah well, I guess I will just have to become addicted to headache tablets and play games anyway! :p

Back
Top Bottom