The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Soldato
BuffetSlayer unlock the lmgs and then just use mg4 :D robocop gun :p

Better still (for LMGs), play the single player campaign, unlock M249, use M249 until mg4 unlocked. The M249 and mg4 are very similar guns, you will not be at a significant disadvantage.

For assault use AK-12 until SCARH unlocked, after that you are away (stick with SCAR or move to others depending on your style).

For engineer, it's probably going to be MX4 PDW until you unlock the AK-5C carbine which is decent. Personal fave carbine is ACE-52 but people seem to like a wide range of carbines and it depends on your playstyle and engagement range.

Some weapons need class points to unlock (either very early or very late weapons normally). You won't find much opportunity to be a good engineer in TDM, you need conquest for that really.

Last edited:
Soldato
Better still (for LMGs), play the single player campaign, unlock M249, use M249 until mg4 unlocked. The M249 and mg4 are very similar guns, you will not be at a significant disadvantage.

For assault use AK-12 until SCARH unlocked, after that you are away (stick with SCAR or move to others depending on your style).

For engineer, it's probably going to be MX4 PDW until you unlock the AK-5C carbine which is decent. Personal fave carbine is ACE-52 but people seem to like a wide range of carbines and it depends on your playstyle and engagement range.

Some weapons need class points to unlock (either very early or very late weapons normally). You won't find much opportunity to be a good engineer in TDM, you need conquest for that really.

Right - so weapon unlocks made in SP carry over to MP? I didnt realise that.

Thanks for the advice. Hoping to get a better look at things tonight. I only managed about 40 mins of play last night.

I have no idea what my play style in BF4 is really. I was just using the bog standard assault class. I went into TDM because it is a format I am familiar with and it's less crucial to be aiming for objectives etc. Also gives me chance to find my feet with the gunplay and movement.

When I played DC years ago, there were bases to capture and planes, helicopters, tanks and all sorts to use. Can't remember the name of the game mode though. Having said that I did play on one map which reminded me very much of a map I used to play in DC which is like a group of islands out in the sea somewhere.

Soldato
Oh hi Buffet Slayer. Add me on battlelog 1kiwi1. Happy to jump on TS with you and show you a few things. Would agree with Hazard but I think the ACW-R is a better carbine than ACE-52. SCAR-H is good but you need to be very accurate.

Underboss
ucav and vehicle whoring > any gun!

Quoted for the truth brother!!

I like SCAR-H, AEK, ACE23, L85A2, AKC5, ACWR, AKU12, ACE21, ACE52, M249, MG4.

Most beatly LMG though has to be the M240B! Such a beast.

Well my morning was fun, got to fire a 1914 SMLE and a 1942 Lee Enfield.

10x rounds on both at 50m. Never fired a weapon before - smiling like a child now.

3bF3i3xl.png.jpg

Picture is for show, no rounds in the weapon.

Permabanned
Quoted for the truth brother!!

I like SCAR-H, AEK, ACE23, L85A2, AKC5, ACWR, AKU12, ACE21, ACE52, M249, MG4.

Most beatly LMG though has to be the M240B! Such a beast.

Well my morning was fun, got to fire a 1914 SMLE and a 1942 Lee Enfield.

10x rounds on both at 50m. Never fired a weapon before - smiling like a child now.

3bF3i3xl.png.jpg

Picture is for show, no rounds in the weapon.

You look like ICE Cube :D

Soldato
Right - so weapon unlocks made in SP carry over to MP? I didnt realise that.

Certain achievements in SP unlock weapons in MP, it's not the case that any gun you use in SP is automatically unlocked in MP. Specifically there are 3 choices you can make at the end of the game and each one unlocks a different weapon (Make sure you save just before you get to this point so you can make the decision 3 times without replaying the whole level).

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield_4_Singleplayer_Assignments

ucav and vehicle whoring > any gun!:p

Tank whoring is not allowed in TDM Nexus. :D

Soldato
Completely different game for me now, this patch has brought it more in line with my expectations as a battlefield title. My fav wep the Mtar-21 has gone back to days of old, good accuracy and devastating ROF. Combat feels more fluid and dare I say SLI has seen an improvement, encountered some bugs but I'll take them for the hit reg improvements alone
Generally play as recon with the Mtar-21(Stubby, FLIR 2X,Compensator) pokeballs, SUAV, smoke nades and deagle(RDS , compensator)
Well played dice (better late than never right?)

Caporegime
Soldato
MG4 sometimes feels like you are cheating. Smoke + FLIR in Lockers or metro can be devastating.

Spent a while last night with the MAV continually killing the same C4 elevator campers on Shanghai, great fun. Honestly killed the same guy about 10 times in a row. He throws C4, I detonate straight away and kill him. Respawn, repeat!

Soldato
There are quite a few players like that :). On Rogue Transmission there was a sniper who just kept going to the same spot over and over again each time after I killed him. As soon as I killed him I'd just zoom out and there he is, parachuting down from his spawn beacon. Running to the same position. Then I head shot him again. Repeat :).

Associate
M416 Over everything as a assault!! haha. Nah in all seriousness the M416 and ACE-23 are Very close in terms of all aspects. They are both my go to guns you should deffo look into them :)

Soldato
I love to take out those silly snipers, occasionally I'll run with JNG-90 with 4x and go on a hunt ;)

if I'm running assault I'll take the SAR-21 it's a laser pod!

Soldato
Agree with Josh regarding the L85A2. Also very good. I think if you learn to use the SCAR right it's a head shot monster. Just requires a lot of fire discipline and accuracy. If it was me I would start out with the AK5C as it's very forgiving all round gun.

Back
Top Bottom