The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Caporegime
Spent a while last night with the MAV continually killing the same C4 elevator campers on Shanghai, great fun. Honestly killed the same guy about 10 times in a row. He throws C4, I detonate straight away and kill him. Respawn, repeat!

:D

Nicely done, can't stand players like that!

Best of all is strafing the roof tops with the attack jet :cool:

Roof pros - my biggest gripe with this game

I really wish they would bring the siege of shanhai C flag/roof top changes in the cte, I absolutely despise that map because of the roof warriors, last night was awful, couldn't get past our D flag because they kept spamming SRAW down, needless to say, C came down not long after.....

Soldato
Hi kiwi - long time no speak :)

Thanks for the help guys. The big one for me will be learning the maps. It's going to take some time I think. BF4 looks mahoosive! :p

I only have the base game, is it worth investing in any of the DLC?

Soldato
I like the DLC apart from China Rising which was so gash. We mainly play the vanilla maps so if you intend on squading up with us in game and on Teamspeak, vanilla will be fine for a while. I've no idea why, but we spend 99% of our time playing vanilla then complaining oh no not this map again lol. go figure

Soldato
Hi kiwi - long time no speak :)

Thanks for the help guys. The big one for me will be learning the maps. It's going to take some time I think. BF4 looks mahoosive! :p

I only have the base game, is it worth investing in any of the DLC?

I wouldn't to be honest. Maybe get the final stand DLC but I'm not a fan of any of them. The only thing I use premium for is the community test environment as I like trying the new features and you also get early access to new content.

The vanilla maps are by far the best!! Definitely get on the OCUK team speak. Details are in OP.

Soldato
I'd get it :).

So many weapons you would miss out on with just vanilla. MPX, L85A2, AWS, AS VAL, Bulldog, MTAR-21, GOL Magnum, L96A1, Deagle 44, and more. And of course all the maps.

Soldato
My fav weapons:

assault - aek, scar-h
support - mg 4, m240b
engi - ace 52, acwr, ak5c

Mine:

Assault - ACE 23, SCAR-H, L85A2
Engineer - AK 5C, DAO-12 :p
Support - AWS (I use it instead of the Assualt class now), Going to use the MG4 now for heavy support uses though, could do with an extra 100 bullets.
Recon - AK 5C, GOL Magnum, MK11 MOD0, DAO-12 :p
Secondary - Deagle 44..... what else? :D

Soldato
You'd pay £25 for the additional guns and maps??!!

No I personally wouldn't unless they are essential. Having said that I got the base game code for free from a TA buddy anyways, so it ain't like I would have to buy the game twice (I would in effect though cos I have BF4 on the PS4 too).

If the general concensus is it aint worth getting, I won't bother. At least not till I have settled in and made sure I'm gonna keep playing.

Caporegime
Ace 23 was easily my fav weapon and it took months for me to get that down the list of my most used gun :o but since patches etc. I feel it isn't that good any more, same with L85.

Using the AWS as well now, quite nice gun, was soooo OP when it first came out though :D

Magnum is my fav. sidearm

DLC/premium = negative

Final stand and some of the china rising maps are pretty good but apart from that, the rest are pretty **** especially second assault.......

Sure it ain't Nexus trolling you? :p

O9TzH.jpg

:D

Soldato
Some of us do play the DLC maps, just not that often as the vanilla maps are mostly the best ones for vehicle combat, and Nexus has a need to base camp with MBTs. ;):p

Personally I would say premium is worth it.
-More guns some of which are good
-Phantom achievements
-Server queue jumping
-All the maps
-CTE

Last edited:
Caporegime
I like the DLC apart from China Rising which was so gash. We mainly play the vanilla maps so if you intend on squading up with us in game and on Teamspeak, vanilla will be fine for a while. I've no idea why, but we spend 99% of our time playing vanilla then complaining oh no not this map again lol. go figure

Well a certain TS regular (and known AA whore) doesn't have one of the DLC's so he can't join a server running all maps so we end up playing Vanilla all the time!

Caporegime
Some of us do play the DLC maps, just not that often as the vanilla maps are mostly the best ones for vehicle combat, and Nexus has a need to base camp with MBTs, aa, jets and ucav. ;):p

Fixed :p

and this....

Well a certain TS regular (and known AA whore) doesn't have one of the DLC's so he can't join a server running all maps so we end up playing Vanilla all the time!

Underboss

Stulid the Tight Arse as we call him.

IMO Premium isn't worth it, the extra guns are nice but 90% of the maps suck.

Caporegime
as with any game 90 percent don't buy dlc. people who run servers want highest ranked servers so majority stay on vanilla maps.

only time dlc is popular is launch and often for that first month then all go back to vanilla :D

Back
Top Bottom