The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Soldato
See that's what I thought I tried to spawn on some of my squad and it wouldn't let me yet when it was me CS an enemy one of their squad spawned on them... Maybe it's just buggy.

Underboss
At least that swuad spean should cut down on me raging cue to Spawn Protection.

Although it still happens, spawned on Chippy to see a bloke looking down on me in Lockers, blam dead.

Something sindefo wrong with my PC. When I enable FastBoot I don't get a post.

Might have to do another fresh install at some point. :(

Underboss
Yeah, had that malware infection last month. Cleared that but may have got "Del" key happy and deleted something important.

It is now very slow going through the boot, sround 25-30 seconds whereas it was 15-20 seconds.

Now fast boot won't enable without it failing to post. Might try a Windows CD repair.

Soldato
Yeah, had that malware infection last month. Cleared that but may have got "Del" key happy and deleted something important.

It is now very slow going through the boot, sround 25-30 seconds whereas it was 15-20 seconds.

Now fast boot won't enable without it failing to post. Might try a Windows CD repair.

Best is to reinstall and that way you know. Get a NAS or a monster drive and store everything important on that.

Underboss
It's a Gigabyte SOC Z97.

Going to remove all the mobo utilities and reinstall all drivers, then if that doesn't fix anything will do a full reinstall - will be a ballache but it's my own fault.

I think it has something to do with the Mobo utilities, might try the new F6d Beta BIOS. Or roll back to F4 and see if it still happens.

Soldato
I've got a complete image of my stock system all programs I use installed just minus the folders/files which are backed up to Dropbox/clouddrive/local backup. Start to finish takes about 2 hours(if I'm downloading all my files again).

Always worth creating a basic image imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm too OCD to be able to do it any other way.

Josh does it take long to boot meaning the time from seeing windows logo to being in the windows ?

It might be worth running cc cleaner and malwarebytes ? just to be safe...

Also it can be a program that is trying to start and fails, maybe Event viewer can tell you if there is something failing ?

Also windows button>msconfig>startup what do you have there ?

Trying a clean boot is also an option....
Clean boot

I have reinstalled windows after 4 years and that's only because I have changed 90% of my hardware so it deserved a nice clean start but otherwise reinstalling is my last resort cos as you said windows only takes half an hour but the drivers, programs, and bf4 whopping 40 gb...takes ages.

Nuke it from orbit it's the only way to be sure! ;)
You can tell this bolke works in IT :DDD

Soldato
Thinking about it if it's failing to post with fast boot on that's got to be a bios/hardware issue. Post is pre windows boot isn't it?

Edit: yeah POST must complete or it won't start the bootstrap loader. So windows can't be the fault here. Only once it's past post could windows be the cause of a slow booting time.

Iirc fast boot skips most of the POST tests making it 'fast boot'.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thinking about it if it's failing to post with fast boot on that's got to be a bios/hardware issue. Post is pre windows boot isn't it?

Edit: yeah POST must complete or it won't start the bootstrap loader. So windows can't be the fault here. Only once it's past post could windows be the cause of a slow booting time.

Iirc fast boot skips most of the POST tests making it 'fast boot'.

So its worth checking drives as well with HD sentinel or crystaldisk

Post is pre win but if it goes beyond post and shuts of or reboots than its the bootloader...or the drive is not configured to fast boot in bios....

Soldato
Because If I do a reinstall, I do a full reinstall. Everything. BF3/4 the lot.

Takes the best part of a day.

Key is to decouple your games, music, video and documents from your C drive. I also have a standard folder of core apps for reinstall purposes so getting windows setup is just a matter of double clicking the exe's.

Soldato
So its worth checking drives as well with HD sentinel or crystaldisk

Post is pre win but if it goes beyond post and shuts of or reboots than its the bootloader...or the drive is not configured to fast boot in bios....

Yeah pretty much.

I'm not sure if Im misreading Josh's post;

I mean if he's just missing post but it boots fine (although slow) then it's windows but the way I'm reading it is that it doesn't post when fastboot is on so windows shouldn't be loading.

If that makes sense.

Associate

I thought the Fast Boot option will just knock off a few thorough-non essential checks from POST.

AFAIK POST Has to run or your OS will not be started. Are you sure you're not just being presented with a "loading screen" which replaces the output of POST on your screen?

POST is most likely still running but just not outputting the procedure and results onto your screen when Fast Boot is enabled?

Back
Top Bottom