The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Underboss
I enable "fast boot" in the BIOS then hit F10 (save & reset), then the fun starts.

I gets to the BIOS splash screen and no POST beep, hangs there and doesn't boot into the OS, can't F2. I hit restart on the case, nothing. I do a CMOS, nothing.

I have the hit "CMOS RESET" button on my MOBO for it to restart and POST correctly.

Annoying to say the least, I really do suspect that it has something to do with the GIGABYTE App Centre utility. POS that it is.

Soldato
Personally I don't install any of the software that comes with Mobo. Just the chipset, Intel drivers. Only the core stuff.

Might be worth you speaking to Locky as he used to trouble shoot this stuff for a living.

Soldato
My shout is a dodgy bios flash or gigabyte borked the bios. If you're not getting past bios screen I doubt windows or any software is at fault here :(.

Counting down the minutes until DPD hopefully makes my day :).

Last edited:
Underboss
Personally I don't install any of the software that comes with Mobo. Just the chipset, Intel drivers. Only the core stuff.

Might be worth you speaking to Locky as he used to trouble shoot this stuff for a living.

I don't normally, will be uninstalling it when I get home, see if I can fix it.

Might be about tonight for BF4, still need around 1.2million points.

Soldato
Stuck in Manchester so no gaming or new patch goodness for me. Has the net code changes impacted tanking? Surely the feedback from long distance shots should be better?

Associate
I have the hit "CMOS RESET" button on my MOBO for it to restart and POST correctly.

I could be wrong but the CMOS reset button would clear any BIOS settings bar the default.

so if you are booting fine with default bios settings then you're probably onto something in regards to software. There is most likely some software which is editing the BIOS causing this issue?

Yeah i would recommend chucking that software off and seeing how you get on.

Underboss
Stuck in Manchester so no gaming or new patch goodness for me. Has the net code changes impacted tanking? Surely the feedback from long distance shots should be better?

I got reall bad stuttering in the tanks last night, both positions.

I could be wrong but the CMOS reset button would clear any BIOS settings bar the default.

so if you are booting fine with default bios settings then you're probably onto something in regards to software. There is most likely some software which is editing the BIOS causing this issue?

Yeah i would recommend chucking that software off and seeing how you get on.

I'll have a look, I bet there is something in the software that isn't talking to my mobo. POS!

Thanks bud will report back later my findings.

Soldato
My shout is a dodgy bios flash or gigabyte borked the bios. If you're not getting past bios screen I doubt windows or any software is at fault here :(.

Counting down the minutes until DPD hopefully makes my day :).

What are you getting mate ?

I got reall bad stuttering in the tanks last night, both positions.

I'll have a look, I bet there is something in the software that isn't talking to my mobo. POS!

Thanks bud will report back later my findings.

Josh to be honest I would focus on the problem why you tried to turn on fast boot on in the first place, and that is sudden slowness of booting...the fact the the fast boot doesn't work would not bother me....

Permabanned
CTE Patch is live!

CTE Prototypes – Patch #29 (157317)

Today we have some really good looking (in our internal testing) netcode improvements – I can’t wait to see how these hold up on the CTE!

NETCODE IMPROVEMENTS
Today we have a bunch of really good improvements on the netcode side for you. We really need to test these thoroughly, so I urge you all to keep an eye out and keep your videos recording!

These are the specific changes:

Reduce impact of rubberbanding and improve messaging
Track proper stalls on server and handle them more gracefully.
Better values for corrections on foot and in vehicles.
Improved jitter correction – Smoother gameplay when not on awesome connections
A fix for visual jitter for soldiers and vehicles during frameinterpolation while correcting updates
Removed the Network Smoothing Option
New model does not use this option any more – should be a much better experience for all.
Reduced max extrapolation time for soldiers to reduce shot around corner issue
Improved soldier stance changes to improve behind cover damage
Much less time is now needed between clients to sync stance changes!
Improved hit indicator update timing
Previously was not affected by HFU, is now added and much more expedient!
Moved networking options to a separate section to the bottom of the advanced gameplay options

PATCH CHANGES
These are changes in this patch:

Removed destruction state from stairs
Should prevent the stairs from disappearing when players are revived on them.
Infiltration of Shanghai
Fixed some lights that was not indestructible – let us know if you find any that isn’t still!
Returned vehicle layout to previous with fewer tanks and more quads again

http://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/news/view/cte-prototypes-patch-29-157317/

Soldato
Not just that if a full install takes all day awful lot of time wasted if it is just the bios or software which would take 5 mins a piece.

Monitor is smexy! Only just gone through the inbuilt colour cycle to check for dead/stuck pixels and it appears I've lucked out :). Probably would have cried if it had any defects today lol.

Seems to have very little of this IPs glow thing. Slight lighter hue in the top left and around the edges but I'm happy so far!

Back
Top Bottom