• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Few more rounds...

Max System RAM Usage: 5624MB

Max VRAM Usage: 2995MB (eek)

GPU Usage 99% 99% 97%

I know BF4 caches heavily but that VRAM is definitely not to be sniffed at...starting to wonder if I should just hold on to the Titans.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8836/4pqy.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8177/kdab.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/6333/5v44.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Greg and I tested this by loading in at the same time and same settings with the only difference being the GPUs.

My 780 used 2.2GB and his Titan used 3.1GB. Mental really.

Thinking of a new card/s for this. Tempted by a cheap 780 and clock it up. Seen pgi's results in a few benches that match my 670's at stock. The amd 290's look very nice in xfire, but seem very power hungry. My psu is getting on a bit now. 780ti would be lovely but it would mean selling the 670's and living like a hermit for a few weeks, ie no nights out boozing etc.:D

Thinking of a new card/s for this. Tempted by a cheap 780 and clock it up. Seen pgi's result few benches that match my 670's at stock. The amd 290's look very nice in xfire, but seem very power hungry. My psu is getting on a bit now. 780ti would be lovely but it would mean selling the 670's and living like a hermit for a few weeks, ie no nights out boozing etc.:D

I was going to do this but then realised it was bonkers to spend money and get worse performance! My sli 670's are performing brilliantly at 1080p

Sli 780's at 1080 coming later today :)

Nice one Paul and for the record, we need a few results if people want to contribute. Remember to put max settings (ultra 4XMSAA) and run a whole round. The GPU's we could do with is

1080P
7950/7950CF/780SLI/7970CF
1440P
7970/7950/7950CF
1600P
Anything other than Tri 7970 please

So if you have that setup, get fraps on the go :)

Results so far and if you have a GPU that isn't listed and you want your results added, let me know.

BF4MIXEDRESULTS-2.jpg

Last edited:
I was trying to do some decent 670 sli benches but crashed within 5 minutes last night on the two times i tried.

It crashes to desktop/back to battlelog and in the event viewer the fault code is 0x000000005c ( maybe not the correct amount of zero's...im not at my PC at the moment).

Now interestingly, the two crashes i had last night were not the server crapping out. I crashed a few days a go on Shanghai when the building came down and half the server had dropped out as well ( 64 players went down to about 38-everyone was doing the running man before it crashed :p). However, this crash still gave exactly the same fault message in event viewer.

Also, on my old 2500k system on the beta i had ONE crash and that was on one of the first times i loaded a server. it crashed to desktop before even loading. After that, i played the beta for about 6 hours in total over the days after without a single other crash. I never once had a single in game crash.

I just checked my event viewer for that crash in the beat though and guess what....same fault message/code.

Anyone else who is crashing to desktop do you get the same fault code/message in event viewer?

Last edited:
Full 64 player round maxed 4xMSAA @ 1080p on Golmud Railway..

Sapphire 7950 @ 1100/1600
Intel i7 2700K @ 4.5GHz
Vengeance RAM @ 1600CL8

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
115410, 1500371, 47, 135, 76.921

:D

Back
Top Bottom