• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
42800, 457239, 56, 179, 93.605

Siege of shaghai, 32 man domination without Shadowplay on and ultra ultra smooth (like I have not seen before)

68375, 803311, 53, 150, 85.116

Siege of shanghai 32 man domination with Shadowplay on (but not recording) Seems to be using quite a bit of performance just being available and with it on, it never felt smooth as it should.

Would some kind person mind checking this please?

Operation Locker.
32man CQ.

2013-11-09 20:55:43 - bf4
Frames: 17102 - Time: 152694ms - Avg: 112.002 - Min: 72 - Max: 155

Was going to bench each map, but this game is ******* boring playing by yourself, so much so i had to quit :)

780@1300/1650
[email protected]

Edit: same as above.

Siege of Shanghai

2013-11-09 21:16:57 - bf4
Frames: 15400 - Time: 141602ms - Avg: 108.756 - Min: 65 - Max: 191

Can't play anymore than a few mins on that map. Rooftop campers/snipers/recon DBs.

Last edited:
Just benched an Operation Locker round. 64 player full server. Complete grenade spam. Such a **** map. Too many bottlenecks and if one team gets pegged back its impossible to do anything. So this bench was with a LOT of people all milling around the same area, a lot of explosions and a lot of dying :P

80302, 824797, 0, 168, 97.360

Bodged the minimum sorry as I alt tabbed and forgot I was benching : /

I tried to bench flood but had a crash to desktop.

There appears to be some maps that crash and some that don't or it is just coincidence?

Golmund railway - tried to play twice, crashed twice within 5 mins of playing
Flood - tried to play once, crashed within 5 mins of playing
Shanghai - Played a bit, just one crash when building came down (cleared out half the server)
Paracel Storm - played nearly an hour in total, a few full rounds, not one crash.
Operation Locker - probably played about 30mins in total a round and a few half rounds, not one crash

Doesn't make any sense.

Yup, Shanghai is definitely the most demanding from what I have seen and experienced. I guess it was good of them to give us the most demanding map for the beta so as not to raise our expectations too much.

What did i say back on the 10th October?

I'm telling u now they gave us the most intensive map to beta test just like they did in BF3.. Caspian was a lag fest in BF3 Beta at first and im pretty sure they're doing the same thing here in BF4 Beta by giving us this map.

Dice need to make sure we can run the worst they can throw at us and as u guys and girls can see.. there is a lot going on in this map and in a rather small area too :)

:D

Found an old logitech mouse in a draw :D

64 players conquest (all packed out, god bless RSOBB!!) on Zavod

97982, 713469, 100, 202, 137.332

SLI 780's @ 1110/6200
4770K @ 4.6ghz

Lancang Dam, 64 player conquest

214286, 1379000, 108, 202, 155.392

VRAM Usage = 2272mb @ 1920x1080

780 SLI 1110/6200
4770K @ 4.6

SLI Scaling Conclusion:

I was averaging around 80 - 90 FPS on a single card, with two I'm sitting from around 140-160 FPS avg, scaling at the moment is around 80-90% scaling, so still some room for improvement on drivers.

Last edited:
Did you also say that the final release of Seige of Shanghai would result in half the svr crashing when the building comes down? ;)

No but to be honest the Shanghai map has never crashed on me in the final release or even the beta.. building collapse or not :p I see a lot of ppl talking about it in-game tho. Makes me wonder if they are actually playing as they talk so much.

Maybe too much text talk is crashing the servers :)

Btw i was on an EA Test Server earlier and an admin said R8 Server Patch is to be released soon. We can only hope :rolleyes:

I am really enjoying scrolling though peoples benchies, I just wish someone could make a test record multiplayer benchie, so everyone could use (not sure if that is possible in this game)
And then maybe in the thread we could see the difference in gfx cards, cpus and OS's.
that's just my ramblings for tonight.

The good news, I managed to get a bench.

56138, 368516, 97, 201, 152.335

The bad news, my mouse no longer works at all in the game. Keeps connecting/disconnecting constantly.

Take a look: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43853114/20131109_180557.mp4 (right click, save as, ~12mb)

Edit: you don't need to save as just click away.

I had weird stuff with my mouse in one game, would only go up and down, had to pull cable out then plug back in and it was fine again.

Has anyone NOT had a crash to desktop yet?
(Crash in event viewer showing Faulting application name: bf4.exe,Faulting module name: bf4.exe,Exception code: 0xc0000005 e.t.c)

I had weird stuff with my mouse in one game, would only go up and down, had to pull cable out then plug back in and it was fine again.

Tried that, it also does it in crysis 3. Found an old cheap logitech mouse last night and that was fine in all games, so going to grab a g500s this morning.

Haven't had a single crash to desktop yet, my only issues have been mouse related.

think ive had that one a few times. Ill check event viewer when in back on the pc.

Seems to be the most common one listed on the official technical forums from people. Interestingly it is the same fault code for when i crashed out due to a server collapse (Shanghai building fell, wiped out half the server).

I am starting to suspect it is just certain maps as well but need to do more testing.

Seems to be the most common one listed on the official technical forums from people. Interestingly it is the same fault code for when i crashed out due to a server collapse (Shanghai building fell, wiped out half the server).

I am starting to suspect it is just certain maps as well but need to do more testing.

no issue on flood zone map normally its the one that works best.

Back on pc now jono, and sure enough that is the same error code ive had when the game crashes. Tbh ive crashed out at some point on every map in the game. Though it can be very random, play several rounds without issue, then it will drop out on several on the trot.

Back on pc now jono, and sure enough that is the same error code ive had when the game crashes. Tbh ive crashed out at some point on every map in the game. Though it can be very random, play several rounds without issue, then it will drop out on several on the trot.

Same code that has been posted on the official forums many times as well.

Intrestingly it is the exact same code i got when it crashed once on loading in the beta (only had that one crash on the beta, no crashes in game at all) on a completely different CPU/Memory configuration.

Only thing that is worrying me is whether it is my overclock but it is rock stable in everything else i do, benches, other games, music production with large amounts of VST's(very hard on CPU/memory), Prime 95 with AVX instructions for hours.

I dont want to fiddle with what i think is a stable system and mess it up just for this one game.

You put your CPU back to stock didnt you at one point? Were you still getting the same crashes to desktop even with everything at stock?

Back
Top Bottom