• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Soldato
Ok then tests on windows 8.1 incoming :) Preloading now )

I just moved onto RTM Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64. Really impressed so far, everything flies, boot times, games running really well. Gonna test out the BF4 beta @ 1440P with single GTX 780. Post some results here at some point.

q1_zpscc970d0e.png

Soldato
Running windows 8.1 RTM myself using legally my win 8 upgrade key. Was freakishly easy. Install, once windows is booted up change the key to upgrade key and your done.

Caporegime
I'm waiting for the upgrade to come out via Windows update then ill be on 8.1 Although once mantle is released ill be using that instead for BF4.

I'll be sure to thoroughly bench the fps differences in BF4 between Windows 8/8.1/Mantle.

Soldato
Me too :cool:

I went for bf3 premium when they had the Indian proxy loop hole open, think it cost me something like £12 :D

Just paid 899 pesos for my BF4+Full Premium, that's £43, showing ready in my Origin client will all dlc's listed, albeit greyed out for now.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
£43 is pretty good! I'll let the beta decide if I'm going to stump up the full amount for BF4. Hopefully EA don't take the 'Tough ****' approach to customer service if it has a rough launch like BF3 did.

Caporegime
I wouldn't mind paying for the premium at the EA price but if I can get it cheaper, I will. I have seen it for around 36 euros but not in a rush, so will hold out and hopefully get an indian one like the other lucky punks did with BF3 :D

Soldato
Can we see some beta benchmarks between windows 7 and 8 using the same setup?

Still in 2 minds whether to hop on the windows 8 boat. For 1/2FPS I'll stay with 7, for 5+FPS I'd swap straight away, need every little you can get.

Caporegime
All you with ya super fast fibre can do one...I hate my 450K BB and fantastic ping of 50ms.

I did get it quicker but my speed was down to 2mb and it made it hard to watch anything on demand movies, so went with the higher speed over better ping.

Associate
I'll be eagerly reading all of your findings, guys! Hopefully my 580 and 2700K at 4.6 will be man enough. I'm not expecting ultra, but I'm sure it will look and run superbly. I never got BF3 so I really have no reference point!

Back
Top Bottom