The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
yeah i did, wasnt a very long speech by ric but then HHH came out and called out old friends of ric. the four horsemen back together for the first time in years :cool:
then flairs family came down to the ring, then the rest of the wrestlers who were backstage came out too. a lot of them were in tears.
it was a good end to what was a very boring RAW
icon14.gif

video of it is here http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/raw/2008/april1-7/6786118?zone=raw_index

Last edited:
Permabanned
Watched it yesterday, thought it was poor, poor build up, just bang a clip on for 5 mins of the year and what the wrester has done.

Big show fight was a joke, no where near a s good as Mr T vs Rowdy Roddy Piper

Plus the Ric Flair fight, career threating, he looked a messed but he did well to keep going, far to old to be wrestling.

Soldato
Watched it tonight was quite good, there must have been some sore bodies the next day.

Watched Raw as well tonight and it was very emotional, the WWE has lost one of the greats.

Gog

Gog

Associate
Just finished watching it and last night's RAW.

Easily the best WM in years. I bet both Shawn Michaels and Shelton Benjamin are nursing a few bruises now.

Emotional RAW too. Having watched Flair since the mid/late eighties, it truly is the end of an era.

Man of Honour
OP
Loved the Ric Flair goodbye on Raw, really started to well up when everyone was crying, especially when his family came out

A true legend

Thanks for the memories Ric

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Don
Loved the Ric Flair goodbye on Raw, really started to well up when everyone was crying, especially when his family came out

A true legend

Thanks for the memories Ric

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I loved the match at Wrestlemania and how he went out. Was night to see Shaun straight after pinning him offering some words of condolence, nice touch.

It stole the show at WM for me.

Associate
I just got back from Orlando yesterday. I went to see the hall of fame, Wrestlemania 24, and the Raw the night after. Had a fantastic week, Wrestlemania was simply huge, the photos i took didnt do it justice. The hall of fame was excellent, really entertaining, and so was the monday night Raw. I don't think it was shown on tv, but the Undertaker and Vince also came out to thank Flair.

Soldato
I just got back from Orlando yesterday. I went to see the hall of fame, Wrestlemania 24, and the Raw the night after. Had a fantastic week, Wrestlemania was simply huge, the photos i took didnt do it justice. The hall of fame was excellent, really entertaining, and so was the monday night Raw. I don't think it was shown on tv, but the Undertaker and Vince also came out to thank Flair.
Wasn't shown on tv, but there's a few few videos on youtube, can't see Flairs face though, but i'm assuming there were a lot of tears when Vince came out.

Associate
Yeah there were, Vince did the right thing and let Flair stay center of attention. The crowd went mad when he came out, it was all quite emotional.
Highlight of WM24 for me : seeing HHH enter the ring, and wrestle in a big match. Iv'e been a HHH fan for over 10 years and it was great to see. Had cracking seats too.

Soldato
Jonesiani said:

Not jealous, honest. :(

Associate
Yes it was all in a package, but Raw wasn't included, we made the drive to the arena box office the day after Wrestlemania to try and get tickets.
The package included WM24, Hall of Fame, and a 2 day ticket to Universal Studios, and also the mid-day Madness autograph thing.
We sat in section 109 in the Citrus Bowl.
Iv'e just heard that there were about 30 people burnt by a faulty proytecnic at the closing credits.:eek:

Soldato
Only just got round to watching this and I have to say the venue was one of the most impressive so far. It would be great to attend one of these. I went to the Smackdown house show at Newcastle a year back that was great so I imagine the Wrestlemania's in America are something else. I doubt I'd get the chance to meet as many wrestlers at WM as I did in Newcastle though :D

Anyway

Money in the bank match was good, I reckon Shelton Benjamins back is hurting after that.

Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship:

Pretty unimpressed by this, I expected a lot more. Didn't live up to what I thought it would

No Disqualification matches:

Big yawn fest. Jammy sod getting 20mil for THAT. :eek:

Umaga vs. Batista

Again, Yawn.

Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

Great match, flair put up a good performance. Was pretty emotional when he was in tears afterwards. End of an era for a true great.

Playboy BunnyMania Lumberjack match:

Pretty funny to see Snoop put that Italian wrestler on his ass. Decent amount of girls. No complaints.

Belfast Brawl:

Seeing a midget get smacked up. Brilliant :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom