The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
Just watched it. thought it was good but not great. Triple threat was a bit of a disappointment.

On a side note. Is there a website or somewhere I can find out about how the wwe works backstage wise. Things like; how much of the match is scripted, how the shows work, techniques to stop getting hurt, who comes up with the scripts. Things like that. Not spoilers of future shows though. Ta.

Soldato
the standard TV shows (RAW, smackdown, ECW) which are weekly all evolve around a storyline with wrestlers, building upto the months PPV event. matches always have a pre-determined ending.
techniques is just down to the training really, stuff like learning how to break your fall, execution of moves etc

Soldato
I stopped watching WWE ever since that stupid Hornswoggle & Vince story.

Yea I used to watch it weekly a year or so back but now I only watch Wrestlemania and the occasional Raw. Some of the storylines are bloody absurd.

I mean Vikki Gurrero's Fiance is supposed to be Edge now. Wtf?

Some of it is ridiculous.

I agree with mrmoose. WWE is nothing like the WWF/Attitude days. Would be a case of getting up on a Saturday to watch Smackdown with The Rock and Stone Cold and some street fights backstage.

Nothing like that now a days. :(

Maybe it's because I'm not 10 anymore but I do feel the quality is lacking these days.

Man of Honour
OP
I was thinking of getting this thread renamed to the WWE thread so we can talk about all the events and shows

So if a mod passed by, could they do that pretty please :)

But yeah looking forward to Backlash, Big Show vs Khali match should be good :p:D

Last edited:
Soldato
The Vicky Guerrero stuff is annoying me a bit - I don't like Edge getting preferential treatment as I can't stand the guy.

I hope at some point on Smackdown it gets made into a tag team match for both belts - Undertaker and Kane vs Edge and Chavo. Now that I would like to see - the "Brothers of Destruction"!

Associate
I just got back from Orlando yesterday. I went to see the hall of fame, Wrestlemania 24, and the Raw the night after. Had a fantastic week, Wrestlemania was simply huge, the photos i took didnt do it justice. The hall of fame was excellent, really entertaining, and so was the monday night Raw. I don't think it was shown on tv, but the Undertaker and Vince also came out to thank Flair.

mind if i email you? Am looking at booking up for tickets to Wrestlemania 25 so interested to here about how you went about it

Soldato
I just got back from Orlando yesterday. I went to see the hall of fame, Wrestlemania 24, and the Raw the night after. Had a fantastic week, Wrestlemania was simply huge, the photos i took didnt do it justice. The hall of fame was excellent, really entertaining, and so was the monday night Raw. I don't think it was shown on tv, but the Undertaker and Vince also came out to thank Flair.

Pictures Please!!!! :D Hoping to go next year. Did you have good seats?

Associate
Hi, yes you can e-mail me, one of my friends took care of the booking side of it, he got an e-mail on April 2nd about booking a package for WM next year:D

i will try to get some pics online

Soldato
oh and incase anybody is interested, theyve also announced the dates when they will return to the UK

The November 2008 RAW Survivor Series Tour dates are:
BUTLINS, MINEHEAD, ENGLAND - Saturday, November 8 - Arena at Butlins
SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND - Sunday, November 9 - Sheffield Arena
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - Monday, November 10 - Manchester Arena
BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND - Tuesday, November 11 - Birmingham NEC
NEWCASTLE, ENGLAND - Wednesday, November 12 - Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
BELFAST, IRELAND - Thursday, November 13 - Odyssey Arena
GLASGOW, SCOTLAND - Friday, November 14 - Braehead Arena
ABERDEEN, SCOTLAND - Saturday, November 15 - Aberdeen ECC

The November 2008 SmackDown / ECW Survivor Series Tour dates are:
CARDIFF, WALES - Sunday, November 9 - Cardiff International Arena
LONDON, ENGLAND - Monday, November 10 - O2 World Arena
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - Tuesday, November 11 - Manchester Arena
NOTTINGHAM, ENGLAND - Wednesday, November 12 - Nottingham Arena

Soldato
The November 2008 RAW Survivor Series Tour dates are:
BUTLINS, MINEHEAD, ENGLAND - Saturday, November 8 - Arena at Butlins
SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND - Sunday, November 9 - Sheffield Arena
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - Monday, November 10 - Manchester Arena
BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND - Tuesday, November 11 - Birmingham NEC
NEWCASTLE, ENGLAND - Wednesday, November 12 - Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
BELFAST, IRELAND - Thursday, November 13 - Odyssey Arena
GLASGOW, SCOTLAND - Friday, November 14 - Braehead Arena
ABERDEEN, SCOTLAND - Saturday, November 15 - Aberdeen ECC

The November 2008 SmackDown / ECW Survivor Series Tour dates are:
CARDIFF, WALES - Sunday, November 9 - Cardiff International Arena
LONDON, ENGLAND - Monday, November 10 - O2 World Arena
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - Tuesday, November 11 - Manchester Arena
NOTTINGHAM, ENGLAND - Wednesday, November 12 - Nottingham Arena

How does it all work with a show every day? I thought it was monday night raw and friday night smackdown? What happens on these other days? Is it basically another RAW just with 'lower-card' wrestlers?

Back
Top Bottom