The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Caporegime
Didn't he explode somewhere in the middle of town, killing about 30 people?

Yes, by accident.

Didn't Homelander let a whole plane full of people die on purpose, and actually admit he would commit genocide/go scorched earth if he didn't get his way?

If they wanted to show Soldier Boy as more of a threat/worse than Homelander, then they should have written/directed it better.

Soldato
Maybe I'm getting confused, I'm not arguing that Homelander is a good guy, wasn't most of the series about them wanting to kill him?

I was commenting on SB only looking to kill his team. He was happy to kill anyone and everyone that got in his way...

If they wanted to show Soldier Boy as more of a threat/worse than Homelander, then they should have written/directed it better.
Personally, I felt this. Much as he did bad things, made various threats, it felt like he was still bound by rules most of the time.

Anyway, as I guess was said above, no point in carrying on this argument. You have your opinion, other people have a different one. With some of us with our opinion, it would suggest the writing was fine, just not to your liking.

Soldato
FB-IMG-1659271395224.jpg

SPG

SPG

Soldato
So why dont they A- Chop their heads off, or B Once knocked out load them in rocket and fire them off into space whilst under.

Homelander needs to die next series and call it a day.

Associate
So why dont they A- Chop their heads off, or B Once knocked out load them in rocket and fire them off into space whilst under.

Homelander needs to die next series and call it a day.

Agreed. First half of this season better, had me hooked more, last ep was abit meh. Probably time to call it a day before it becomes 8 seasons of meh.

Soldato
I hope Homelander goes off the rails and tries to make good of his threats to cripple the country (which could lead to him dying).

Soldato
Late to the party, binge-watched the series the last couple of weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now I'll be binge reading the comics on my tablet.
I think you’re quite lucky as you’ll be getting a completely different set of characters and story to enjoy. Let us know which you prefer because most of us have consumed in the opposite order.

Soldato
He is very good as the character. I share the view of some above that The Boys needs to leave whilst it will still be missed. Not sure how any ending would play out as they burned all the plot devices from the comic that led to a satisfactory closing and it's not obvious what they've laid down in the series to move toward it.

Back
Top Bottom