The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Soldato
Season has been great, ending not so great.

Seems a bit of a copout putting soldier boy back on ice, why not do the same for homelander.

Also didn’t feel right butcher desperately trying to kill homelander for years buts gets cold feet due to the brat being in proximity. All it seems to do is take away power anyway rather than kill so would have been a win win. Heck the lady survived a full on blast while bear hugging soldier boy mid air so surely kid would have been physically fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I dunno about the last episode. It felt flat. Ive really enjoyed this series there have been some really good episodes but it just feels like their is no over arching plot no ratchet to a conclusion.
Part of the problem is The(se) Boys are not a threat. They’re not picking away at the super, there is no MAD between them and the Seven. There is no brushfire burning towards an inferno. Butcher is not in control and he’s only a threat because others gift him the power needed.

Soldato
Cop out for more of the same next season. Cop out happy ending to write out one character, cop out anti-climatic ending for another. Everyone kisses and makes up without much consequence. Looked pretty thought as usual.

Soldato
Binged the whole season this week..that final episode was a massive let down for an otherwise great season, much better than s2.

Maeve should be dead, not only did she take a full on blast from SB, she also somehow survives a fall from 50+ floors whilst being 'normal'. Is noir actually gone and dead?
SB being back on ice was a poor ending for the character for me
Is Noir actually dead?

Antony Starr, Jensen Ackles and Karl Urban were all superb, without them I don't think it would have been half as good. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Soldato
Bit of rubbish episode to end the season, even though the last scene opens up interesting ways to take S4, looks like the A Train transplant wasn't all important for this season either

Caporegime
I dunno about the last episode. It felt flat. Ive really enjoyed this series there have been some really good episodes but it just feels like their is no over arching plot no ratchet to a conclusion.
Part of the problem is The(se) Boys are not a threat. They’re not picking away at the super, there is no MAD between them and the Seven. There is no brushfire burning towards an inferno. Butcher is not in control and he’s only a threat because others gift him the power needed.
the soups don't really do much bad stuff any more either since the first series.

actually they don't really do a whole lot at all really apart from fight each other or simp

Permabanned
Whilst I felt this started strongly, pretty meh and sloppy overall. Starlight just waltzing into Vaught labs for instance, helping herself without incident right after she just blew the whistle on them. What happened to that time Ashleigh was all in her face for that street fight? But tell 100m people that Vaught is bad and only Homelander has something to say about it? And as if a fruit cake like Ashley can do Edgar's job lol. I mean the list goes on, it's just sloppy and lazy now.

And MM is irritating af. Constant beef with everything, just **** off now.

Soldato
Two characters just make me turn away whenever they're on-screen. MM for starters as mentioned above and Starlight. These two just need to hook up and get some positivity into their lives. I don't think Starlight has done anything useful this season apart from stand around and light up her eyes for a few minutes before turning away. MM is just constantly angry that he might as well team up with Ellie from Last of Us 2 that I just finished :o

Soldato
Poor finale
Butcher gets cold feet after all this time
Star light floating and giving a blow to SB
Maeve holding her own against HM, surging after the fall, really?
No one dying.
MM please shut up. Kimiko scenes, no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom