The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Soldato
Mmmmm, Ep1 and some of Ep2, the acting was terrible.

Not interested in the Gay/family killer side story or the Kimiko side mission.

Seems more shock than actual story, sauna scene was hilarious, but then Butcher having a non-supe and 4 middle aged men on top of shouting , "gooooooooooo, leave me!" was pants - the man has gone up against bigger and better Supes!!

Q - when Sage and Deep were getting it on, what was the blooded thing on the table in the final shot?

End of Ep3 seems to ramping up, so overall, decent, but i think it's running out of steam :(

that metal stick with blood could be a labotomy thing according to some reddit thread. She uses it to lower he IQ temporarily so she can indulge in junk food, junk movies and the Deeps junk. On her report it stated she had moderate healing abilities.

Associate
that metal stick with blood could be a labotomy thing according to some reddit thread. She uses it to lower he IQ temporarily so she can indulge in junk food, junk movies and the Deeps junk. On her report it stated she had moderate healing abilities.
i think she uses it to remove "memory's", she looked shocked when she saw what homelander did at the Ice arena, and assuming that as the smartest person in the world, she remembers everything. she destroying the short term memory in the frontal lobes, before they committed to long term memory

Soldato
-Frenchie story is extremely forced and out of the blue, he was obsessed with Kimiko for 3 seasons and suddenly he switches? Yeah shoehorn that agenda

-What he hell did the actress for Starlight do to her face?? It look horrible, she was so beautiful in season 2 and now she looks like she had all the fat sucked out of her and messed with her lips.

-MM shaving, baaaad look

-The story seems to to trend water and move quite slow not building up to anything or any real threat. And Bucher not being centre stage calling the shots doesn't feel right at all

-Wired that all the shock factors seem mundane now and always seem to lean heavily into homosexuality for the shock scenes. Almost as if they know what to show to gross you out. Not a good look showrunners!

At the moment Karl Urban is carrying the entire show on his back right now and if he dies at the end of the season then I think I'm out for season 5. The only hope is that they find a last minute cure and he gets back on top.

Last edited:
Soldato
-Frenchie story is extremely forced and out of the blue, he was obsessed with Kimiko for 3 seasons and suddenly he switches? Yeah shoehorn that agenda

-What he hell did the actress for Starlight do to her face?? It look horrible, she was so beautiful in season 2 and now she looks like she had all the fat sucked out of her and messed with her lips.

The Frenchie stuff is very jarring and weird to me, it's so sudden given his literal infatuation for Kimiko prior.

Starlights actress was doing the rounds awhile back where people talked about her having plastic surgery, she claimed it was dodgy cameras or something but after seeing her in season 4 I'm pretty sure she has had work done. Such a shame, whatever or whoever drove her to that needs to be locked up.

Caporegime
Nah, largely same writers.

Since when? the show has been taking the **** out of 'both sides' since the start.
I know, they're happy to go to extreme lengths to get a reaction from anyone and everyone and have been doing it every season.

Frenchie however has really caused an issue for a lot of people, I thought it was hilariously unnecessary but it just felt like a further attempt to shock the viewers rather than hit targets as lot of people now appear to believe.

Had a bit to drink on Friday, so can't remember which episode it was, but the Pizzagate scene was a bit more obvious as was Truthcon :D

Soldato
I know, they're happy to go to extreme lengths to get a reaction from anyone and everyone and have been doing it every season.

Frenchie however has really caused an issue for a lot of people, I thought it was hilariously unnecessary but it just felt like a further attempt to shock the viewers rather than hit targets as lot of people now appear to believe.

Had a bit to drink on Friday, so can't remember which episode it was, but the Pizzagate scene was a bit more obvious as was Truthcon :D
Frenchie has always been bi? It was just last season and his storyline with nina that confirmed it?? People are more scratching their heads at the character flip to do with Kimiko, not his sexuality.

Soldato
Nope, they're just doing it to wind up people and it's working a treat :cool:

Episode 2 in particular appears to have made people question whether The Boys have just been mocking them the entire time.

Well "winding up the fans" never ends up as a positive for any show/movie so I hope its not a deliberate choice as I quite like this show and would hate for it to drop down that rabbit further than it already had (which mostly felt a little tongue in cheek).

Back
Top Bottom