The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Based on her quite vocal defence ("disgustingly false" etc) of not having anything done, I get the sad feeling that if she has had anything done (and I think she probably has TBF) what she actually wanted done vs what she actually got are not the same, and that what she actually got is probably more "pronounced" than what she actually wanted (a slight boost).

I think this mainly because if she was happy and proud of her new look I think she'd be more open about it, based on how obvious it is, rather than denying everything so strongly.

I noticed she lost weight from season 1 and in season 2 and 3 she was stunning, easy 9/10. Then she did that to herself and I noticed she can barely talk properly either. What she has done has seriously hurt her and I doubt she'll get any parts after this. If she left it well enough alone I recon she could have got movie parts but she shut that door.

I was willing to give benefit of the doubt when she denied having had stuff done, some photographs legitimately do make people look a lot worse for whatever reason.

S4 honestly doesn't give that impression, you can have the odd bad shot but bordering on hours of footage featuring the "new look" really shows otherwise.

It's just fillers in her cheeks? looks like it pushes up too much and makes her eyes look worse.

its basically the "fat look" people think the artificial way makes them look younger, but it just makes them look odd

Tbh possibly nose work too, it's hard to tell from those shots though.

She went from looking gorgeous to the average chav I'd expect to find in a Greggs.

Very hard to say what shes done because the makeup in the first photo is far more natural and well done and in the second one it looks like the cast of Jersey Shore have got a hold of her. Its amazing what makeup and contouring can do to your apparent face shape despite nothing changing. I would wager she has had work done though.

Sad really. A natural beauty a few years ago and now just another generic lookalike you would see on the trashy side of instagram.

Not saying that there isn’t a difference or anything, but it does sort of highlight the insane pressure that women (including these abnormally beautiful actresses) are under to become more beautiful… the lengths they will go to and risks they will take… and how paramount sustaining female beauty is to audiences, going by the negative reaction.

I do get that people are commenting on such a change though - haven’t seen the new series but it is noticeable tbf.

Not saying that there isn’t a difference or anything, but it does sort of highlight the insane pressure that women (including these abnormally beautiful actresses) are under to become more beautiful… the lengths they will go to and risks they will take… and how paramount sustaining female beauty is to audiences, going by the negative reaction.
I'm not convinced the audience demands it or encourages it at all.

Attention seeking, like tattoos etc but more exclusive no doubt, they see someone get some work done, they see the other phony celebs etc telling them "wow you look amazing" and want some of it.

then you get people addicted to doing it like katie price, madonna etc, they must realise they look like monsters who would scare young children?
makes me wonder if they ever see their own real reflection without filters.

one of them must have saw a reflection in the window and phoned the cops surely?

Last edited:
I'm not convinced the audience demands it or encourages it at all.
Well, scroll back through the 'What TV I'm watching' or 'What movie I watched last night' and I don't think you're scrolling for long before someone comments on how the actress was rather 'easy on the eye' or something similar.

**EDIT** The 'which movie last night' was the next thread on my new posts list and guess what, two new posts, but two posts above the last one was about an actress looking fine... :cry:

Last edited:
Got round to watching the first episode and I'll summarise my immediate feelings on the Starlight and Frenchie changes for what its worth. I don't care what Starlight looks like, whatever she has had done if anything, is entirely up to her, and who would I be to even comment on it on social media beyond that? The Frenchie thing appears to me to have been done to create new jeopardy for Frenchie by adding a more vulnerable romantic interest. Yes it did seem to come out of the blue, but I was over it in seconds. I feel the writers either have plans for Kimiko and or Frenchie outside of simply Frenchie coming to Kimiko's aid or vice versa ad nauseam, or they realised they'd taken the Frenchie/Kimiko relationship as far as it could platonically go, and so what if it happens to be a dude?

Zero ads for me this week.

Homelander in beast mode this week. Apart from that the rest of the episode was quite dull, despite a lot of things happening. Maybe too much crying.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom