The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Zero ads for me this week.

Homelander in beast mode this week. Apart from that the rest of the episode was quite dull, despite a lot of things happening. Maybe too much crying.

rp2000

I thought this weeks episode was great! Back on track.

The lobotomy scene had me covering my eyes, that was brutal. And the John, sorry Homelander, scenes were epic - he's got to die soon, but not without going full on psycho me thinks.

Last edited:
I thought it was weird how Butcher just happened to have exactly the same (less potent) powers that Homelander has and after the last episode it's starting to make sense.

I thought it was weird how Butcher just happened to have exactly the same (less potent) powers that Homelander has and after the last episode it's starting to make sense.

There's something in him, looks like a worm moving around his face / body when you do see it. I suspect that is taking him over and what killed the guy without him knowing.

This new season is a terrifying reflection of where America is headed.
eastenders with superheroes?

We are headed the exact same way as America, all our leaders seem to do is copy America.
All our culture has pretty much been replaced with American now.

any social issues in America are now automatically a problem in the UK too

Homelander's actor Antony Starr is, for me at least, the only thing still holding S4 together and Ep4 was just *chefs kiss* for the character! Shame every other character feels like their stood still in comparison (they're not but it feels like they are).

I think part of that is that the natural progression for homelander is to just go off the rails and his psychotic tendencies to increase. Doing that for most characters is usually the death knell of every show and the path that most shows end up going down. Dial every characters traits/flaws up to 11 to keep "progressing" their character.

Personally I have really enjoyed most of this season. Its a bit on the nose at times but overall its been great. Same humour as previous season. The ridiculousness is still there.

Back
Top Bottom