The Cloverfield Paradox (third Cloverfield film) launches on Netflix: NOW LIVE

Caporegime
I watched it just now, just in case the critics were massively wrong.

I thought it was crap. No suspense, not a lot of sense being made and I didn't care about any of the characters.

At least 10 cloverfield lane had a substantial cloverfield link.

Caporegime
I meant instead of a shadow and split second creature popping out of the clouds, it had actual monsters.

I think the 'alien ship' was actually a sentient creature wasn't it?

I've only seen it once too :)

Caporegime
I meant instead of a shadow and split second creature popping out of the clouds, it had actual monsters.

I think the 'alien ship' was actually a sentient creature wasn't it?

I've only seen it once too :)

Can't even remember :(, i think an alien came out of it and started chasing the girl around, might have to watch it again at some point.

Caporegime
You would have thought that when they had to mention the "cloverfield paradox" in their lines , that would have been a clue.

They never say Cloverfield...

You see it written on the space station, which was clearly retroactively changed as all the actors call it 'The Shepherd'

You also hear about it on news broadcasts the crew are watching, but that audio obviously wasn't played live on set, they always add that stuff in post production.

Man of Honour
They never say Cloverfield...

You see it written on the space station, which was clearly retroactively changed as all the actors call it 'The Shepherd'

You also hear about it on news broadcasts the crew are watching, but that audio obviously wasn't played live on set, they always add that stuff in post production.

I will have to watch it again, I was sure that when the earth "disappears" one of the crew says the line "its the cloverfield paradox!"

One mo, I will double check now.

Edit : Ah no, I remembered it wrong, the german guy says "its the paradox" not "its the cloverfield paradox".

Last edited:
Caporegime
This 'explanation' doesn't make much sense to me: https://screenrant.com/cloverfield-3-paradox-ending-explained/3/

But while the world in the near future (the ARG places the events of The Cloverfield Paradox taking place in 2028, which the technology appears to line up with) is now ravaged by monsters, that doesn’t singularly explain the presence of the baby in New York City in 2008, over twenty years prior. The explanation comes in passing by Stambler; his theory on dimension bleed effects space and time. He suspects that any schism would lead to rifts being created in the past and future, as well as the present nexus point. As such, while the worst impact seems to be in 2028, aliens and other monsters have appeared all along the timeline. The New York incident was a lone case.

Surely if the the dimensional bleed affects space and time - Say the baby appeared on Earth suddenly in 2008 and it's parents appeared on earth in 2028

As soon as it occurred, it would still change actual history and the crew on the Station would all know about a New York monster.

Soldato
I thought it was a decent way to spend 90 minutes but it's obviously been ret-conned to justify the anthology nature of the "Cloverfield Universe". That whole talking head speech about the paradox is just the flimsy glue that allows them to tie together any monster movie and say it's part of their movie universe. As such, it's very much like a lot of origin stories and felt a bit forced to me.

Nonetheless, I'm a total sucker for big, scary monster B-movies so I'll be watching them. I mean, I even want to see that new one with The Rock and the giant ape, croc and flying wolf. :D

Soldato
I watched it last night, it wasn't good at all. Considering we've had some quite good sci-fi lately, this felt more like a film from the early 2000s where they could just invent things as they go along. But then I had my doubts as soon as I saw Chris O'Dowd, I like him in funny roles but he didn't suit this film at all.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well if the half in the bag review is to be believed both this and 10 cloverfield lane weren't originally cloverfield movies, they were just retrofitted after the fact to sell them on the name alone.

Back
Top Bottom