* The Comic Book and Graphic Novel thread *

Ah also got these to read.

fcJby3sl.jpg

OMhfbhYl.jpg
I thought this would be an interesting take, it's in the original text but you can buy a 'translated' version into standard modern English as well.

I'm halfway through Death of the Family
8ofPX8Jl.jpg

im new to reading comics/Graphic novels i have always been interested but tend to spend my money in other places.

i purchased a few with the remaining holiday spends i had (stuck with Batman so i understand the source material) and really enjoyed them so far... i got a couple of frank miller ones (year one and dark knight rises i think) the killing joke (really good) and a couple i havent started reading yet, Hush & Arkham asylum... i also picked up the first of Batman Superman and first couple of superman unchained (wifes choice) and i have enjoyed batman superman but not read superman unchained yet.

i plan on picking up watchmen at some point due to all the rave reviews and Death in the Family as i like the joker.

i have a lot to learn about comics/GN and starting at 28 might be a bit old but its a world and characters i have always played on/as in games and i just thought i would explore it a bit more

any good reccomendations for postal subscriptions as my local store is lacking free parking and going to pay a few £ for a comic ends up adding a couple more for parking, i also like getting unexpected interesting post.

any other must read comics to get me going... i dont want to spend a fortune though :)

well not a big reader of comics but i am a collector of comics. just been sorting my latest finds and im up to 200+ now :O

god knows how many il have come the end of the year once i get back in to it properly lol.

well not a big reader of comics but i am a collector of comics. just been sorting my latest finds and im up to 200+ now :O

god knows how many il have come the end of the year once i get back in to it properly lol.

I don't understand this, you collect but don't read them?

hey guys

I want to sell my collection, where's a good place to sell them? tried ebay, without luck :(

if their not shifting on ebay im guessing your asking too much for them for example theres a lot of 2000AD stuff going up at silly prices due to the dredd film. what sort of price against rrp you asking ? 100% 50% 25% ?

I don't understand this, you collect but don't read them?

yeah, i like the artwork more than the stories. odd but at least im not chopping them up like some do to make posters out of them.

i do read somethings mind for instance im just about to start plowing through the dredd case files which should keep me busy for a year or two lol.

im new to reading comics/Graphic novels i have always been interested but tend to spend my money in other places.

i purchased a few with the remaining holiday spends i had (stuck with Batman so i understand the source material) and really enjoyed them so far... i got a couple of frank miller ones (year one and dark knight rises i think) the killing joke (really good) and a couple i havent started reading yet, Hush & Arkham asylum... i also picked up the first of Batman Superman and first couple of superman unchained (wifes choice) and i have enjoyed batman superman but not read superman unchained yet.

i plan on picking up watchmen at some point due to all the rave reviews and Death in the Family as i like the joker.

i have a lot to learn about comics/GN and starting at 28 might be a bit old but its a world and characters i have always played on/as in games and i just thought i would explore it a bit more

any good reccomendations for postal subscriptions as my local store is lacking free parking and going to pay a few £ for a comic ends up adding a couple more for parking, i also like getting unexpected interesting post.

any other must read comics to get me going... i dont want to spend a fortune though :)

Try out Batman 'new 52' Snyder captures Barman superbly.

Also, 'Prophet' by Image comics is a great read. Very Mobius.

I think Mega city in Camden does postal delivery. Also check out the 'rainforest' as they have good deals on used comics. Way cheaper.

Regarding Watchmen, whilst superb , it was very much a comic of its time. Probably the major comic to push into Mainstream alongside Dark Knight Returns.
The Moody, dark side has progressed at a huge rate since then.

Current reading list:
We3 ( weponised house pets)
Invincible
Saga ( by Kirkman)
Hawkeye ( by M Fraction)
Jupitors Children ( Morrison and Quietly)

if their not shifting on ebay im guessing your asking too much for them for example theres a lot of 2000AD stuff going up at silly prices due to the dredd film. what sort of price against rrp you asking ? 100% 50% 25% ?

well, I managed to sell 2 over the past 3 weeks

I put them on there for £2 + £2.50 for postage (as I send it 1st recorded)

you selling as singles or bundles ? as bundles may go faster with combined postage but £4.50 seems a bit steep unless its something someone is specifically looking for.

Thought I'd pop in here. What I'm following:
Bedlam
Transformers (IDW current) - mostly sticking to the IDW collection series, got the phase 2 collection on preorder.
Transformers regeneration one (just waiting for the final TPB to come out soon...)
Slowly working my way through Walking Dead, Y the Last Man and Locke and Key

Went to MCM comicon yesterday and picked up East of West, Ten Grand and the first three trades of Saga.

Its gonna be a fun half term for me :D

Back
Top Bottom