* The Comic Book and Graphic Novel thread *

Nope, digital is by far the best way to read comics for me. All I do now.

My problem is I go on a bit of a spree and then forget that I purchased it.

I read a lot e-books but for some reason I don't want to read comics on a tablet. I still like to read the physical media.

Just read through Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy (25 issues from 2008-2010) by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. Really enjoyable with some good interesting characters, I came into the the series with no knowledge of any of the series other than the trailer for the movie. I have mainly been reading the Ultimates series recently so this was a nice change and my first encounter with the cosmic universe

I've got a load of comics arrived taking me out of the Marvel Civil War covering the death of Cap and atartibg run in to Secret Invasion as well as the end of the quite frankly brilliant T-Bolts run about the Zemo storyline.

How have I just stumbled upon this thread??? Two years it has been in existence and I didn't know?

For those not aware, I am a major DC Comics fanboy. And I am not ashamed to admit that!

I will be posting pics of comics I am yet to purchase and may post pics of those I have already purchased (and boy there are a lot!). But now I know this thread exists!!!

The New 52 Futures End series kicked off this month (not the weekly one as that's been going on for a while now). But these are the special one shot editions of the series. It focuses on what happens to the likes of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman 5 years in the future. What is even more special about this run is that each one features a 3D lenticular cover as you can see here

With me working lates this week. I cannot get my new comics until Saturday. So in the meantime, here are last week's comics that I got.

14867080228_c0b467e486_o.jpg

How have I just stumbled upon this thread??? Two years it has been in existence and I didn't know?

For those not aware, I am a major DC Comics fanboy. And I am not ashamed to admit that!

I will be posting pics of comics I am yet to purchase and may post pics of those I have already purchased (and boy there are a lot!). But now I know this thread exists!!!

The New 52 Futures End series kicked off this month (not the weekly one as that's been going on for a while now). But these are the special one shot editions of the series. It focuses on what happens to the likes of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman 5 years in the future. What is even more special about this run is that each one features a 3D lenticular cover as you can see here

With me working lates this week. I cannot get my new comics until Saturday. So in the meantime, here are last week's comics that I got.

14867080228_c0b467e486_o.jpg

Just waiting on superman run, with Geoff johns and romita jr!

Here's my slowly increasing collection:

s77BJdv.jpg
PGXn4Vz.jpg

I'm not that big of a Marvel fan but I do love me some Image comics

Last edited:
Here's my slowly increasing collection:

s77BJdv.jpg
PGXn4Vz.jpg

I'm not that big of a Marvel fan but I do love me some Image comics

I see you're missing the 3rd part of the Knightfall series. Also All-Star Superman, Justice (by Jim Kreuger, Alex Ross and Doug Braithwaite) and Kingdom Come. You will love those!! :D And I also recommend Batman: Venom.

Not long into graphic novels/comics but I have mainly been reading Marvel due to subscribing to Marvel unlimited, which I find great. The hardest part is choosing what to read as there is just so much stuff.

I have been interspersing my Marvel comics with some other stuff such as:-

Y: The Last Man - Complete Series
Girls (Luna Brother) - Complete Series
Saga - First two volumes
The Walking Dead - first volume
Manifest Destiny - first volume
Morning Glories - first volume
Curse - complete 4 issues series (was on the Humble bundle I think)

I particular enjoyed Y:The Last Man and Girls.

As I have just come to the end of a run of Guardians of the Galaxy's I think my next series will be The Boys by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson which I thought looked pretty cool.

Also have Watchmen and Sandman lined up.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, I am happy to give any genre a go.

I see you're missing the 3rd part of the Knightfall series. Also All-Star Superman, Justice (by Jim Kreuger, Alex Ross and Doug Braithwaite) and Kingdom Come. You will love those!! :D And I also recommend Batman: Venom.

This is really annoying me as I know I have the 3rd part but I just cannot find it!!!

It has to be somewhere because I borrowed (and never returned) it from our local library years ago!
I'll have a hunt this weekend I think.

I have All Star Superman, it's at a mates house at the moment! It's a great story.

Will definitely read Batman Venom and Justice

I have only been reading comics recently with the arrival of The Waking Dead TV show, and was intrigued to give the comics a blast. I have never been a huge fan of the superhero stuff to be honest (don't flame me) but I have enjoyed reading the following comics:

- The Walking Dead
- Thief of Thieves
- Y - The Last Man

and now I am on recommendation going to start Girls (Luna Brother). Are there any other comics I should get on my radar?

I have only been reading comics recently with the arrival of The Waking Dead TV show, and was intrigued to give the comics a blast. I have never been a huge fan of the superhero stuff to be honest (don't flame me) but I have enjoyed reading the following comics:

- The Walking Dead
- Thief of Thieves
- Y - The Last Man

and now I am on recommendation going to start Girls (Luna Brother). Are there any other comics I should get on my radar?

I highly recommend looking at Image comics if you don't want to look at superhero stuff, they're my favourite publisher.

Personally I'd go for Revival, Zero, Five Ghosts or something of that ilk

And now I am on recommendation going to start Girls (Luna Brother). Are there any other comics I should get on my radar?

Just finished this a couple of weeks back and really enjoyed it although it did take me a few issues to get into it, but well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom