The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered - MODS & TWEAKS

Associate
I am running a gaming laptop i7, 16 gig ram gf 970m and pretty much ultra settings with zero issues and decent frame rates.

No screenshots atm.

All I did was D/L them from Nexus get Loot to sort and play away.

There are plent more to choose from just ones that were recommended or files of the month etc or dealing with things I dislike

Soldato
I just started a playthrough and am using the following mods. All from Nexus using Nexus Mod Manager so nice and easy to do.

You may ned to find another link for SkyUI or I can email you it.

SkyUI 2.2 with the error message removed.
Immersive Armors
Sounds of Skyrim Complete
Total Character Makeover
Unofficial Skyrim Patch
Palaces and Castles Enhanced
Carry Weight Modifier
Ivarstead
JK's Riverstead
JK's Whiterun
Kynesgrove
Open Cities
Shor's Stone
Violens
Ars Metallica
Beats of Tamriel
Diverse Dragons
SkyTest Realistic Animals
Forgotten Dungeons
Lanterns of Skyrim
Realistic Water Two
Vivid Weather
Inigo - Follower
Alternate Start
Cutting Room Floor
When Vampires Attack
Even Better Quest Objectives
Immersive Citizens
Point the Way
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul
Skybirds
Skyrim Better Roads
Wearable Lanterns
Phenderix Magic
Rich Skyrim Merchants
Book Covers Skyrim
CC's Enhanced Ore Veins
Nordic Snow
Real Mountains
SSE Texture Pack Osmodius 4k
Static Mesh Improvement
Better Horses
Falskaar
Populated Cities
Populated Roads
Ordinator
Sacrosanct Vampires of Skyrim
Helgen Reborn
Rigmor of Bruma
The Forgotten City
A Quality World Map
Unread Books Glow
Achievement Mods Enabler
Kyne's Breath
Unique Uniques
Zim's Immersive Artifacts

All sorted by Loot and no issues so far bout 25 hours in.

Thanks for the list, much appreciated !! I will have a proper look through it. I did find that the SkyUI team has all the previous SkuUI versions still on Nexus so grabbed 2.2 from there, is that the only version that works, or can you use slightly newer ?? Or I just play around and find out if you, or someone else, don't know. :o

Associate
Thanks for the list, much appreciated !! I will have a proper look through it. I did find that the SkyUI team has all the previous SkuUI versions still on Nexus so grabbed 2.2 from there, is that the only version that works, or can you use slightly newer ?? Or I just play around and find out if you, or someone else, don't know. :o

Last night I found out that Water Two caused the Dragon bridge Zone to crash due to it having 6 waterfalls in the zone. Disabling it fixed that so worth taking in to account.

I think 2.2 was the recommended one so I didn't try any other versions. You may need the modded version that disables the error message in the special edition, I think it makes t hard to play.

Soldato
Last night I found out that Water Two caused the Dragon bridge Zone to crash due to it having 6 waterfalls in the zone. Disabling it fixed that so worth taking in to account.

I think 2.2 was the recommended one so I didn't try any other versions. You may need the modded version that disables the error message in the special edition, I think it makes t hard to play.
Thanks about the tip in regards to Water Two, that's good to know. Hopefully the author will sort that out. =)

In regards to the SkyUI, you right, it is 2.2 that's recommended, due to it not needing SKSE to work. And I am using this fix since I have superwide monitor, so getting 2 fixes in one so to speak: Complete Widescreen Fix for Vanilla and SkyUI 2.2 by Daisuke

Some people on reddit seem to have got SkyUI 5.1 working but the author schlangster popped in and said his two cents and most seems gong back to 2.2.. lol .. Clicky

Really appreciating the input though @Reemul and hoping you have a great SSE experience ! :cool:

Associate
I don't understand why people like this game. I've tried to get into it about 5 or 6 times now and each time I literally cant play more than 30 minutes without getting insanely bored with it. The fighting mechanics are awful and clunky, way too much crap to pick up and just generally feels...I don't know, boring?? Am I doing something wrong? I genuinely want to know because I cant figure out why people like the game and this is coming from a life long RPG/MMORPG fan

Soldato
Can be a mage, one handed weapon warrior or two, go stealthy with a dagger or even use two. etc.

It feels clunky yes, but I enjoy it.

"I don't understand why people like this game that "I" don't like"

Well, different tastes init? I thoroughly love Euro Truck Sim 2 but I cannot stand Persona and or anime games, why do people like those?

Soldato
Can't do anything wrong as such, just chose a play style that you want to try, mage, archer, warrior and see how it goes.

Explore the land, loot camps, fight a dragon to try your hand at alchemy stations when you have ingredients, or smith a better gear set etc, lots to do.

zia

zia

Associate
I'm not criticizing people for liking it, I'm asking what it is that people love about it so much. I want to know if I'm doing something wrong which is causing me not to enjoy it.

Really depends what your looking for in this game? you can install mods to fit your play style.i prefer immersion.once you add a few mods the game can look stunning,just walking through a forest at night with sounds,music it really draws you in.if you don't like the main quest line, you don't have do it.

Zia

Soldato
There is Rorikstead and a Riverwood... don't think there is a Riverstead though :).

Thanks thought i was going mad lol

i have installed the following thus far -

Complete Widescreen Fix for Vanilla and SkyUI 2.2
Immersive Armors
Sounds of Skyrim Complete
Total Character Makeover
Unofficial Skyrim Patch
Palaces and Castles Enhanced
Carry Weight Modifier
Ivarstead
JK's Whiterun
Kynesgrove
Open Cities
Shor's Stone
Violens
Ars Metallica
Beats of Tamriel sse
Diverse Dragons
SkyTest Realistic Animals
Forgotten Dungeons
Lanterns of Skyrim
Realistic Water Two
Vivid Weather
Inigo - Follower
Alternate Start
Cutting Room Floor
When Vampires Attack
Even Better Quest Objectives
Immersive Citizens
Point the Way
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul
Skybirds
Skyrim Better Roads
Wearable Lanterns
Phenderix Magic
Rich Skyrim Merchants
Book Covers Skyrim
CC's Enhanced Ore Veins
Nordic Snow
Real Mountains
Static Mesh Improvement
Better Horses
Falskaar
Populated Cities
Populated Roads
SSE Texture Pack - Osmodius 2k
Ordinator
Sacrosanct Vampires of Skyrim
Helgen Reborn
Rigmor of Bruma
The Forgotten City
A Quality World Map
Unread Books Glow
Achievement Mods Enabler
xSHADOWMANx's Dll Loader
Kyne's Breath
Unique Uniques
Zim's Immersive Artifacts
Footprints
Rorikstead Revised
Riverwood

any other must have?

Soldato
I've started the SE again with mods...pretty much all of the ones listed above really, as most of the ones I used for the regular edition haven't been ported yet.

The whole thing is a lot simpler without SKSE tbh. Much more stable too!

The only mods I miss are SkyUI and Timing is Everything...and a few of the city/town overhauls.

I haven't really bothered with many graphics mods as I think it looks good as it is. Just a few texture mods.

Soldato
Thanks thought i was going mad lol

i have installed the following thus far -

any other must have?

Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim <= That one works well with Ordinator, same modder that made both.

The Choice is Yours <= Saves you from getting random quests thrown at you out of the blue. :p

Better MessageBox Controls and Better Dialogue Controls .. Don't forget to grab the Optional files for these two from the Complete Widescreen Fix if you going to use them.

And if you going to do some Alchemy, maybe the Better Harvesting would be a mod for you as well ?

I see you have When Vampires Attack but can't see Run for your Lives, made by the same author and got to admit, both of them are always in my mod list.

Soldato
my lack of knwledge must be causing issues. The game either doesnt complete the cutting of my tied hands, disable mods fixes this, but then when i search the body for armour the game crashes to desktop.
Also i have had the issue of not walking up to the block to get my head chopped off.

I have downloaded a clean save from nexus mods past helgen and the game crashed to desktop with mods enabled.

I started the game with no mods installed and still cant search a body without a crash??

i have used loot to order the load of the mods but nothing seems to be of any use.
this is the current load order accordinf to loot -

0 0 Skyrim.esm
1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Dawnguard.esm
3 3 HearthFires.esm
4 4 Dragonborn.esm
5 5 Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
6 6 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
7 7 Falskaar.esm
8 8 Cutting Room Floor.esp
9 9 SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
10 a Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
11 b Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp
12 c Carry Weight x100.esp
13 d VioLens SE.esp
14 e VioLens SE - Book Menu.esp
15 f Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
16 10 Rigmor.esp
17 11 Book Covers Skyrim.esp
18 12 Beasts of Tamriel.esp
19 13 Helgen Reborn.esp
20 14 Forgotten DungeonsSSE.esp
21 15 Phenderix Magic World.esp
22 16 Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
23 17 skyBirds_SSE.esp
24 18 SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
25 19 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
26 1a Better Harvesting.esp
27 1b Ars Metallica.esp
28 1c DiverseDragonsCollectionSE.esp
29 1d Vivid WeathersSE.esp
30 1e Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp
31 1f When Vampires Attack.esp
32 20 BetterQuestObjectives.esp
33 21 Populated Lands Roads Paths Legendary.esp
34 22 Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp
35 23 Point The Way.esp
36 24 TheChoiceIsYours.esp
37 25 JKs Whiterun.esp
38 26 JK's Riverwood.esp
39 27 Skyrim Better Roads and Bridges - All In One - Merged.esp
40 28 Run For Your Lives.esp
41 29 Inigo.esp
42 2a Rorikstead Revised.esp
43 2b Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
44 2c RichMerchantsSkyrim_x5.esp
45 2d CC'sEnhancedOreVeinsSSE-HearthfirePatch.esp
46 2e Better Horses 3.0.esp
47 2f Complete Pack.esp
48 30 Populated Cities Towns Villages Legendary.esp
49 31 Shor's Stone.esp
50 32 Ivarstead.esp
51 33 Kynesgrove.esp
52 34 ForgottenCity.esp
53 35 KynesBreathWeaponPack.esp
54 36 IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
55 37 widescreen_skyui_fix.esp
56 38 UnreadBooksGlow.esp
57 39 Footprints.esp
58 3a Unique Uniques.esp
59 3b Open Cities Skyrim.esp
60 3c Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
61 3d RealisticWaterTwo.esp
62 3e RealisticWaterTwo - Watercolor.esp
63 3f Immersive Citizens - OCS patch.esp
64 40 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
65 41 Immersive Citizens - ELE patch.esp
66 42 Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp

using nexus mod manager

Last edited:
Soldato
When you started our new game, did you verify your game with Steam ?? That would reset all your files and hopefully work. Can also try and play just directly fro steam, no mods and no manager at all. Or is that what you did ?

Soldato
i tried playing directly via steam, think i will have to remove all mods etc and verify files and then try again.

Seems strange some have had no issues running the mods when i do. just my luck i guess,

Back
Top Bottom