The Emirates FA Cup Final Man City v Man Utd ** Spoilers ** [Saturday 25th May 2024 @ 3pm]

Soldato
If they've decided to sack him, this shouldn't change their minds. If it does, that's a bad sign as it shows a reactive approach, a bit like the Glazers.

Everything he's been doing for the past 5 months or so will have been carefully scrutinised by Jason Wilcox; do he and Berrada/Brailsford/Ashworth/etc think ETH is the right manager, playing the sort of football they want to see?

While today was brilliant, I simply can't just forget the many terrible games we've had to endure this season. ETH was stubborn and refused to try and tighten things up so we weren't getting pasted every game - it's all a bit too late now...
Usually agree, but just cannot understate how bad the conditions seem for eth. I think we’d be mad to get rid

Soldato
Usually agree, but just cannot understate how bad the conditions seem for eth. I think we’d be mad to get rid
He has not shown any semblance of a plan, just a lot of bad decisions and mediocrity.

Rooney would have probably done better under these "conditions". That was meant to be a joke but I'm actually starting to wonder...

I like the guy, but no way after the chance and time he has been given should he be at the helm next season.

With the excecption of Martinez and "hopefully" Rasmus who still has a lot to prove which is fair enough given the situation, look at his signings.

Yesterday was great as a fan, and great for ETH.

I don't think he is the right man for the job though as, imo at least, has not shown anything despite the circumstances.

If anything due to the circumstances it is even more so the perfect time to bring in a new manager.

Man of Honour

I wanted ETH to succeed but having watched pretty much every game this season, it has been so poor. I think people are glossing over this too much, I have never seen performances quite this bad - it was quite literally painful to watch.

Yes we had a lot of injuries, but instead of adapting, he blindly stuck with the same tactics meaning the team was overrun in every game. We faced the second most shots of all the teams in the top 5 leagues in Europe, don't tell me that's just down to injuries. It's not.

We had this a couple of months ago in that Liverpool FA Cup game at Old Trafford. A great day and a great win, but it was just one game, then back to the usual garbage performances.

Let's not forget we were only in this FA Cup final because VAR saved us by an absolute whisker... against Coventry City :cry:

I get people are jaded and fed up with changing the manager - I am too. However, everything at the club needs tearing up and we need to start again - I think this is what INEOS are doing, they won't be interested in the emotion of things. They'll be looking at the stats on paper, and ETH has failed miserably by almost every barometer. I wish him all the best though.

fez

fez

Caporegime
100% year on year seeing improvements

If Arteta left tomorrow big clubs would be after him in spain etc

If ETH leaves UTD none of the big clubs are going to be after him

I mean, I don't think that makes a very good point at all honestly. EtH got 75 points in his first season. So more than in both Artetas first 2 and in his first season he only got 1 more than EtH this season without anywhere near the injury issues.

As to him being more in demand, well of course he would be. You are comparing two managers at completely different points. Would anyone have been in for Arteta if Arsenal got rid of him after his second season in charge?

Soldato
As said above, you can see the improvements and the philosophy if you want.

ETH had one low league finish whilst winning the FA cup , before that qualifying for UCL while winning league cup and making the FA cup final

Imo should be given a 3rd season if no improvement than let him go

Not like there is abundance of great managers available

Last edited:
Caporegime
100% year on year seeing improvements

If Arteta left tomorrow big clubs would be after him in spain etc

If ETH leaves UTD none of the big clubs are going to be after him

ETH got 75 points in his first season while winning the FA Cup. Then with massive injuries got 60 points and won the FA Cup beating both Liverpool and City. Man Utd had 13 different CB partnerships last season or something daft like that. Saliba and Gabriel played together 30+ times in the league alone.

There is no denying if he didn't have the injury crisis we had then he would have easily got 70+ points this season.

Last edited:
Soldato
Or some believe turnaround is possible now with different people above him and it's one season with winning the FA cup

Last edited:
Caporegime
Honestly guys it's like 'some' of you have not watched any of the season at all.

Jesus H.

I have watched the whole season yes but I also watched last season too and some us watched Ajax under ETH too.

There is no one out there to replace him outside of Klopp or Guardiola imo.

You can laugh all you want but I know he will go somewhere else like Bayern and win trophies straight away and continue to do so. You cannot ignore his body of work based on one bad season. That is just stupid.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have watched the whole season yes but I also watched last season too and some us watched Ajax under ETH too.

You can laugh all you want but I know he will go somewhere else like Bayern and win trophies straight away and continue to do so. You cannot ignore his body of work based on one bad season. That is just stupid.
Disagree.

Poch has a clue for instance.

Soldato

ETH straight to Bayern and win trophies straight away and continue to do so.

You heard it here first folks :cool:

Back
Top Bottom