The England Cricket Thread

Soldato
Looking forward to seeing Hameed, assuming he beats Duckett for the openers gig. Last time we sent a 19 year old to debut in the subcontinent he turned out alright...

CsdrwCwXgAAM-1u.jpg

Caporegime
OP
Great performance from Root yesterday. Coming in on your captaincy debut when the team is in trouble and getting 190 is simply outstanding.

Today is a bit odd though, Root is the captain, but it seems as though Cook is still doing the majority of talking to bowlers and organising the field.

Man of Honour
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4563420/england-cricket-ace-ben-stokes-nightclub-brawl-video/

Sounds like self-defence to some extent in that his group was getting bottled but without scrutinising the video too much he probably had an opportunity to walk away after laying the first guy out. Depending on what happens on the legal side I wonder what England will decide to do, all a bit of a distraction really and you can see a few potential issues regardless of his guilt:
-Do England really want the media circus associated with this, every news conference being about it
-Is there a potential conflict of interest in the one day squad if Alex Hales has to give evidence about Stokes, you don't want a situation where Stokes feels his teammate has sold him up the river, but equally you don't want Hales feeling pressured into perverting the course of justice or whatever. Maybe it is just as well there is video evidence.
-How will the aussies take to this, lets say Stokes flies out there but his finger injury prevents him playing in the warmups or training properly, what is he doing with his time, going down the boozer and every tom, dick and harry wants to take a pop at him

Soldato
I'm not sure you can use self defence when they are clearly trying to back away. I fully expect him to he charged personally so it's irrelevant what England want to do...he won't be going.

Back
Top Bottom