The England Cricket Thread

Soldato
Think that rain will have helped the English more than the aussies. But of a break and recovery for an assault tomorrow. Knowing they can potentially be a bit more attacking with much less time left in the game.

Soldato
I think we’re in for a nail-biter tomorrow again. I’m a bit concerned with Wood’s fitness on top of everything else. We really need to knock Khawaja over early as he could anchor the chase and is one of the few Aus batsmen to have shown any consistency. I think if we get him then a few follow as Labuschagne and Smith have been pretty inconsistent.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The Aussies should be embarrassed to win this series if England win this last test. Saved by the rain, scraped the first 2 tests and have basically tried to play for draws in 2 of the others. Negative cricket.

Soldato
The Aussies should be embarrassed to win this series if England win this last test. Saved by the rain, scraped the first 2 tests and have basically tried to play for draws in 2 of the others. Negative cricket.
We should also be embarrassed. Wood and Woakes have changed the series and not starting either of them first test was bizarre. We handed those first two tests to the Aussies through poor fielding, poor batting decisions, and a general lack of intensity. Yes, the Aussies have sat on their lead and got lucky in Manchester, but it's our fault that they were in a position to sit on their lead in the first place.

Edit: And they're very much in the game here, we could easily lose this test still.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
We should also be embarrassed. Wood and Woakes have changed the series and not starting either of them first test was bizarre. We handed those first two tests to the Aussies through poor fielding, poor batting decisions, and a general lack of intensity. Yes, the Aussies have sat on their lead and got lucky in Manchester, but it's our fault that they were in a position to sit on their lead in the first place.

Edit: And they're very much in the game here, we could easily lose this test still.

Yeah, I pigeon'd it.

Caporegime
Ali's groin strain has taken all the fire out of him. IIRC he only strained his right groin, but because he's a spinner he needs both groins to bowl with precision.

3 for 237, if we can hang on until lunch without losing a wicket, I think we're in with a chance.

Ooh... looks like Smith is gone... NO! Stokes celebrated too early and threw the ball down, what a shocker! Amazing scenes!

:eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom