Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (June Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 794 45.1%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 965 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't really get a choice, my family came here because of politics and they decided to stay here after i was born so as to not ruin my education.

What difference does it make what blood is under my skin, i have as much right to vote and stay here as anyone else in this thread, even if it does disagree with those that feel my background compromises my ability to make decisions.

I don't know if this will answer your question, but I am drawn to a saying used by French peasants:

Praise the God of all, drink the wine and let the World be the World

Out of interest, if you don't mind me asking of course... where would you have been from if they'd stayed? (just being nosy)

My grandfather came here as ambassador on behalf of the Philippines while my great uncle was in power. My father was 17 and met my mother who was learning English as a student from Italy. Then my mum sat on the same toilet seat as my dad and got preggers, well the last bit is how they told me it happened :D

I was born here and when my diplomatic passport no longer covered me, i obtained an Italian one, Filipino one and British one.

Where would/could they send me back to?

Yeah my fathers side is technically a third world country but when i go visit family, i go to one of our plantations that stretch for miles on white sandy beaches or go to one of the manors in Manila. We were not economic migrants by any means.

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36202490

The European Commission has proposed reforms to EU asylum rules that would see stiff financial penalties imposed on countries refusing to take their share of asylum seekers.
The bloc's executive body is planning a sanction of €250,000 (£200,000; $290,000) per person.

I'm aware of the rules, but (from your link) they don't apply to the UK.

The UK and Ireland can opt out of asylum policies, and the British government has already indicated it will not take part. Denmark is also exempt.

The UK and Denmark are not part of the relocation scheme, therefore won't be fined for refusing to take relocated refugees.

I don't think you understand what the EU is. We are members of NATO, the G8, G20 and the UN. We are not leaving any of these organisations and these are the ones with military influence.

How could anything change overnight if we leave. There is a long exit strategy which will take a number of years to complete. Everyone will get up for work the next day and life will go on as normal.

Maybe I don't understand it fully from that level, however, you have what ifs from both sides. It's the what ifs are to be believed. Extremely hard to understand with media as there is so much going on. I still think there will be more problems caused leaving than staying put.

Is there actually a full breakdown somewhere of positives and negatives of both leaving and staying?

- Turkey will be joining (they may be a replacement or lever for Greece)

Turkey won't be joining for at least a decade, probably at least two, if at all. Turkey isn't meeting the criteria it needs to meet before joining, isn't coming close to it, hasn't made an agreement over Cyprus, and public support for joining has waned sharply.

Increasing authoritarianism (eg for every migrant you refuse you will be fined €250,000)

Those countries that face fines signed up to an agreement to take refugees which they are now not honouring. What do you expect the EU to do when members don't honour their agreements?

(And, of course, this doesn't apply to the UK anyway)

Greek debt will be round again soon

Probably. Why do you think us leaving the EU will help with that?

Spanish debt will begin to rear its head again

Spain has grown strongly for the last two years (stronger than the UK for the last year and a half) and its dept-to-gdp has stabilised. Why would it begin to be a problem now?

I'm aware of the rules, but (from your link) they don't apply to the UK.

The UK and Denmark are not part of the relocation scheme, therefore won't be fined for refusing to take relocated refugees.

Oh I see. I was supposing the OP mentioned that due to the nature of what they (the EU) were planning on imposing on their members regardless of whether it directly effects the UK.

More validating the authoritarianism aspect of the other persons post - You implied you either didn't know about the 250k or that it wasn't happening, no?

lol very dubious use of statistics... you're looking at a single quarter and a difference of 0.1 for that single quarter when if you scroll down and look at the chart there is a much different picture. I don't think you can really establish a trend or make an argument from a single data point like that, but it was amusing of you to try.

I think 5 years is a more telling representation than 3 months, personally :)

Turkey won't be joining for at least a decade, probably at least two, if at all. Turkey isn't meeting the criteria it needs to meet before joining, isn't coming close to it, hasn't made an agreement over Cyprus, and public support for joining has waned sharply.

Those countries that face fines signed up to an agreement to take refugees which they are now not honouring. What do you expect the EU to do when members don't honour their agreements?

(And, of course, this doesn't apply to the UK anyway)

Probably. Why do you think us leaving the EU will help with that?

Spain has grown strongly for the last two years (stronger than the UK for the last year and a half) and its dept-to-gdp has stabilised. Why would it begin to be a problem now?

We shall see. They may not get official entry but Visa free travel is effectively entrance to a lot of people who have shall we say a very backward view compared to the Western values.

Perhaps they said no because they were firstly lied to, then told how many they MUST take and all the while Merkel in her own self hatred for her own country says to the entire middle east they can come.

Greek debt has had an impact on the Eurozone economy and thus on us.

Spain are still struggling. The forecasts you mention may be all well and good on the stats point. Greece is apparently fine, but there is a massive problem there. The people would say that even though the economy (essentially a tool for the ultra wealth) is going ok but we with 1/4 out of work, under an unrepayable debt burden that was forced on them with the total contempt of democracy.

Holding Farage up as a poster boy for honesty isn't really going to help your point.

Beside the point. There are multiple videos of politicians denying that there were any plans for a European army. Even the public bought it.

Farage was right though wasn't he. So now we know those Politicians who lied and mislead us were guilty of something.

Not everything he says is hocus pocus don't you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom