Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I know what the arguments are. I also know they are weak and they don't stand under scrutiny, which is why their sources often are Youtube.. or something.

The source isn't Youtube, they're debates between MPs from both sides. Of course they stand up to scrutiny other wise the host and remain side would've ripped them to shreds, which didn't happen funnily enough. You're just being ignorant and there's no other word to describe it.

Caporegime
Luckily people vote on gut instinct, a personal view of where the UK may be heading, and on experience with previous promises and declarations form governments, not just on statistics. We are not mathematical calculators. The voters will quite rightly have some prejudices, that is human nature, and that will not change in the foreseeable future. In fact some aspects of prejudice are likely to become more entrenched due to blatant attempts at forced integration which patently does not work.

You consider it "lucky" that people vote on gut instinct, and with prejudices, do you?

Permabanned
You consider it "lucky" that people vote on gut instinct, and with prejudices, do you?

I do, yes, it's how life experiences and prediction of how the future may unroll based on those experiences form a part of the process as to how voters reach their decision. Statistics have their place, but are by no means the be all and end all.

Caporegime
You love your statistics, and I am sure you knew I was speaking figuratively.

There's a difference between speaking figuratively and hyperbole wildly divergent from the reality. I think you strayed well into the latter with your comparison of the UK and Bangladesh.

I and many I speak to do not want to see spiralling house building and roadways being built, either to accommodate new immigrants or burgeoning birth rates of those people, indigenous or not, already in the country.

I'd like to see our infrastructure improved across the board and the large scale development of state housing to correct the errors of the last forty years and ensure everyone in the UK can have stable, high quality, housing if they want it. Changing demographics will make this a necessity regardless of whether we stamp down on immigration or not.

I would like to see Draconian measures taken to deter people from having large families, especially those that breed with scant regard as to how the progeny will be financed.

What sort of measure would you introduce?

Caporegime
Caporegime
Behold our almighty Sith Lord Boris pushing an In voter away.

12HM8t3Sl5hjTW.gif

:D:D:D

Soldato
but the native birth rate of the uk is below 2 so declining.

why do you think accelerating the decline (and thus massively increasing the burden on the smaller number of working people to support the elderly) a good idea?

Very valid point.

Also to add, these economic migrants are usually young, without a large family and the cost of their education and healthcare up until they are of working age, has been paid courtesy of their home country.

Last edited:
Caporegime
but the native birth rate of the uk is below 2 so declining.

why do you think accelerating the decline (and thus massively increasing the burden on the smaller number of working people to support the elderly) a good idea?

The issue for me is the birthrate of immigrants far outweighs the birth rate of the British. That's dangerous in the long term.

Man of Honour
The issue for me is the birthrate of immigrants far outweighs the birth rate of the British. That's dangerous in the long term.

only if you don't actually look into it, birth-rates for "natives" are holding steady, while immigrates birth-rates are falling, so no there wont be any long term issues.
just like they do actually integrate more and more with each generation, by third generation the vast majority are very much integrated.

and brining up Bangladesh population density is pure stupidy, uk will never get to those levels. so all that misinformation and lies many of you say the ramin camp use and yet you sprout such nonses.

it is predicted that global population will max out and then decline before the world hits 10billion, before stabilising at some where around current levels.

Last edited:
Soldato
Then you need to decide, remain for now is not an option it's remain forever. Vote out now has the potential to rejoin If there is fundamental change in how the EU is governed

If it remains a major political issue one or other party feels will swing an election, they will end up pledging a referendum again, whichever way it goes.

Soldato
I think a more pertinent issue than absolute numbers of people in the country is infrastructure.

If you have ever lived in the south east you'll be aware that the infrastructure is creaking under the strain. Rail and road services in particular cannot cope with an increase in population yet, these are amongst the most desirable places for inward immigration. Water and sewerage are becoming meaningful concerns too. I'm sure the UK is creaking elsewhere but we still continue with our near 20 year policy of what feels like unfettered migration.

There must be billions of people in the World worse off than the majority (or even totality) of UK citizens but we can't heal their woes by inviting them all here. Self interest suggests we should limit migration.

That said, I do not think and have never thought Brexit is the answer to this alone. I would vote to leave on soveriegnty alone, CAP, CFP, application of common market rules to non-common market business and ever increasing euro federalism just reinforce the argument for me.

Caporegime
only if you don't actually look into it, birth-rates for "natives" are holding steady, while immigrates birth-rates are falling, so no there wont be any long term issues.
just like they do actually integrate more and more with each generation, by third generation the vast majority are very much integrated

that only works if there are no more first generation immigrants arriving.

Say first gen is a birth rate of 4

second gen 2

third gen 1.75 (assume this is native average)

if we never have any more first gen immigrants you are correct this wont ever be a problem.

but we have continually new first gen immigrants arriving every year with the high birthrate, so it is an issue.

Man of Honour
that only works if there are no more first generation immigrants arriving.

Say first gen is a birth rate of 4

second gen 2

third gen 1.75 (assume this is native average)

if we never have any more first gen immigrants you are correct this wont ever be a problem.

but we have continually new first gen immigrants arriving every year with the high birthrate, so it is an issue.
more wrong assumptions. as birthrates are declining pretty much every where.
and those in the country far out weigh number of new imigrants,
so no which ever way you cut, it your assumprions are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom