Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
more wrong assumptions. as birthrates are declining pretty much every where.
and those in the country far out weigh number of new imigrants,
so no which ever way you cut, it your assumprions are wrong.

so you're saying that the birth rate of first generation immigrants is dropping?

Soldato
Former aide to the PM calls for a leave vote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36357212

He said being part of the EU "makes Britain literally ungovernable" and attacked the EU's "statism, corporatism and bureaucracy". Also said the PM had asked for "relatively modest" reform demands had received "arrogant and dismissive treatment".

I'm sure some on this thread will say his opinion is worthless as he's a "former" aide. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
so you're saying that the birth rate of first generation immigrants is dropping?

yes, birth-rates around the global are dropping and continue to drop. even birthrates in third world countries are massively declining.

how do you think all the models that show a global population decline work, if world wide birthrates aren't declining.

this thread is absolutely full of prejudiced nonsenses. that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
take india 5.8 in 1960 down to 2.6 now and continuing to drop and the same for pretty much every country,

Last edited:
Caporegime
yes, birth-rates around the global are dropping and continue to drop. even birthrates in third world countries are massively declining.

how do you think all the models that show a global population decline work, if world wide birthrates aren't declining.

this thread is absolutely full of prejudiced nonsenses. that doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
take india 5.8 in 1960 down to 2.6 now and continuing to drop and the same for pretty much every country,

right, but you can't just point to a different country and apply that to immigrants in this country can you?

especially third world countries where the drop in birthrate could largely be due to drops in infant mortality.

Man of Honour
right, but you can't just point to a different country and apply that to immigrants in this country can you?

especially third world countries where the drop in birthrate could largely be due to drops in infant mortality.

wow what utter blind nonsense.

yes, where do you think immigrants are coming from?
you think as soon as they decide to become immigrants they go lets have far more children.

I bet you bother to look you could actually find birthrates of imigrants over the decades.

Man of Honour
If politicians were serious about tackling global warming, then they should be telling us how declining human populations were a good thing.

declining population is extremely bad, and is the elephant in the room. as ours and everyone else's economics are still based on massively expanding populations. which is why I always laugh when people go but that economic policy worked 50 years ago.

in the short term, we absolutely need immigration, in the longterm we need to change economic policy as the world population will stop growing.

Man of Honour
That's debatable. I'd say a declining population is good for the planet; there are far too many people using far too many resources.

oh god, you ignored everything else I wrote. in the short term it isn't debatable at all for humankind.

the earth doesn't care its not sentient. and how do you figure we're using to many resources?

Associate

"Many a truth spoken in jest". Also, I didn't realise we could pre-book a recession and specify how long it lasts ... who knew?

Do people really want to see English population expansion to the extent the place looks like Bangladesh, population density wise? Green field sites continually built on? Continuous building projects to accommodate never ending immigration? I certainly do not.

Me neither, but you know that makes us 'horrible racists' and 'Little Englanders', don't you :p

Caporegime
oh god, you ignored everything else I wrote. in the short term it isn't debatable at all for humankind.

the earth doesn't care its not sentient. and how do you figure we're using to many resources?

well it is perfectly fine. it just means we'd have to do a logans run kinda deal with people when they hit retirement.

Man of Honour
well it is perfectly fine. it just means we'd have to do a logans run kinda deal with people when they hit retirement.

although that is a large problem with current economics and a falling population, it isn't the whole picture and wouldn't turn it around.

basically everything is currently based on an expanding population, getting rid of pensions doesn't solve that it merely reduces the problem.

Soldato
this thread is absolutely full of prejudiced nonsenses. that doesn't stand up to scrutiny

Where? Could you quote some of them if the threads "full" of it? Legitimate immigration concerns aren't prejudice. I've not seen anyone say they don't want a particular group coming in, just that the overall numbers are too high.

Man of Honour
Where? Could you quote some of them if the threads "full" of it? Legitimate immigration concerns aren't prejudice. I've not seen anyone say they don't want a particular group coming in, just that the overall numbers are too high.

already have quoted a few.

and it's not just imigrants at all. it's everything. Prejudice does not mean racism or even have to be related to immigrants at all, you seem to have got that mixed up.

1.preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience

ie, like stay campaign should like falling house prices. which I pointed out was complete nonses.
same as the birthrate, or Bangladeshi population density which will never happen in the UK. pretty much this entire thread is just a circle jerk of wrong assumptions.

Last edited:
Soldato
already have quoted a few.

and it's not just imigrants at all. it's everything. Prejudice does not mean racism or even have to be related to immigrants at all, you seem to have got that mixed up.

ie, like stay campaign should like falling house prices. which I pointed out was complete nonses.
same as the birthrate, or Bangladeshi population density which will never happen in the UK. pretty much this entire thread is just a circle jerk of wrong assumptions.

Yep, so much rubbish being thrown in both directions.:o

Caporegime
No, not at all. It shouldn't be built over at all. Does anyone on here think we should give up the places I have mentioned for housing?

There's no reason to think that we need to concrete over Cornwall. The UK is simply not that urbanised, and the scale of population increases we're talking about don't necessitate anything of the like. So... no, no-one thinks we should be concreting over Cornwall to build housing because no-one thinks its necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom