Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;29541023 said:
The key point here is that nobody actually knows what the economy will look like post exit. It's entirely uncertain.

And it's this uncertainty which drives devaluation of currency and the scaling back of business investment, which then drives some of the claims we've had about more expensive holidays and a slight GDP reduction.

How anyone can agree we don't know what it'll look like but then at the same time argue that this uncertainty won't cause the above is beyond me.

I think it is practically certain, for the reasons you mention, that a brexit would have a negative impact on our economy in the immediate short term.

I'd suggest the mid-term effects are unknown and that the long term effects are probably negligible based on our current financial standanding (i.e. our ranking in the world economy in the long term is not going to be dramatically determined solely by the outcome of the vote).

Caporegime
[TFU] Thegoon84;29541215 said:
I don't get this.... Sorry but what Paul was implying was true!

I'd like to vote out, but the thought of an untethered tory government scares the absolute living **** out of me. People like Gove, Boris, Hunt.... No way!

So like Paul, I too am back on the fence!

Referendums to Leave the EU don't come around very often - it wouldn't surprise me if this is the last one ever for this country. Boris will only be around for a few more years. In any case you might not like them, I certainly don't, but they did win the General Election and so are legitimately in power. No-one voted in the UK for Jean-Claude Juncker however.

Edit: I rather suspect that some Tories like Cameron, Osborne, Hunt love the EU because they can just blame the EU for things they want to happen e.g. not protecting our steel industry.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
[TFU] Thegoon84;29541215 said:
I don't get this.... Sorry but what Paul was implying was true!

I'd like to vote out, but the thought of an untethered tory government scares the absolute living **** out of me. People like Gove, Boris, Hunt.... No way!

So like Paul, I too am back on the fence!

Whether you vote Leave or Remain, in my view it's important to vote for the long term future of the country. Regardless of who is in power now, someone else will be in a few years.

Soldato
Whether we as a nation vote for Leave or Remain

The Tories will still be in power.

The Referendum has got sod all to do with personalities or political parties. If anyone is trying to divert attention from this to personalities then you need to question their motives.

Soldato
Does that mean that we have to discount anything that Nigel Farage MEP says as he is also EU funded by virtue of being paid a salary by the European Parliament?

No, it gives him more credibility because he's actually willing to lose his job as an MEP if it means leaving the EU

Caporegime
Just a reminder: the deadline to register to vote for the EU referendum is June 7th. If you're not sure you're registered, please [https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote]register to vote[/url].

If you got a voting slip through for the recent PCC and local elections then you're already on the list and should be fine; if you didn't, or you've moved, or you will be living somewhere else on June 23rd (for example, if you're a student and you'll have gone back to your home address) make sure you're registered at the right address.

Associate
[TW]Fox;29541000 said:
I wouldn't believe anything from the Non-EU funded groups. They are biased against the EU!

There, now we can just discount everything ever published ever and just keep arguing about it. Sorted.

Because it's loads more constructive to criticise the source rather than the information itself.

The BBC are supposed to be impartial. Biggest joke ever.

Soldato
What the heck ?

“Proper identification of taxpayers is essential to effective exchange of information between tax administrations. The creation of European Taxpayer Identification Number (EU TIN) would provide the best means for this identification. It would allow any third party to quickly, easily and correctly identify and record TINs in cross-border relations and serve as a basis for effective automatic exchange of information between member states tax administrations.”

What's next ?

Tattooing or MicroChipping us ?

http://order-order.com/2016/05/25/eu-plots-europe-wide-tax-id-numbers/

Bloody Revelations coming true ?

Associate
The IFS have published their report into the impact of Brexit on UK finances, concluding that Brexit would lead to damage to the UK finances that would be equivalent to a requirement for two more years of austerity.

Vote.Leave has predictably accused the IFS of being EU stooges but even the director of Economists for Brexit has come out saying that the IFS are a respected, independent, body and this accusation is utter nonsense.

In or out anyone who thinks austerity is ending in 2020 or even 2022 is kidding themselves. Assuming no change of government of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom