Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This is what gripes me about the leave campaign, it seems to be swarmed with under-educated, angry people. There are good reasons to leave but they're over-shadowed by stupid people spouting stupid nonsense that make you question if they understand what they're on about. Meanwhile we're seeing news outlets publish stories on doom and gloom if we leave and yes yes, I expect they're all in the pocket of the EU etc. This is all one ridiculous referendum and I can't wait til it's over.

Soldato
Wow, Just Wow.

No wonder this country is on it's knees with an attitude like that.

Don't you even care about the UK? Obviously not!!!

What an excellent argument.

The UK is in the EU. It is up to the leave campaign to present a coherent argument using sound reasons as to why the UK should leave, whilst explaining why the negatives don't matter or are wrong.

As the poster you replied to pointed out, he likes migration within the EU for EU citizens. What other points do you have to convince him other than trying to use some kind of patriotism angle?

Caporegime
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36410749

_89833155_89833152.jpg

Any one else feel uncomfortable watching the Conservative Prime Minister share a platform with the Labour Mayor of London to extol the virtues of the EU?

Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Soldato
We are on our knees cause we are in the eu & if we continue to stay there it'll just get worse.

Is there an actual answer there?

Are you happy to keep giving 55 million pound to a defunked club that's giving us nothing but migrants & idiotic laws that do no one any good.

Why use the misleading number. It's not like the proper number is small.

Also a leading question much? Where have you presented for debate where that description fits the EU?

The typical level of coherence from a stay supporter is to walk blinding in to a referendum & vote the wrong way then when it all goes t its up they say ' oh I didn't think this would happen' Too damn late then.

You will note that there is no emotive language in my post. The UK is pretty damn good today. You are asking for change. The UK being worse off in 5 years time requires something to change or go wrong. The remain campaign have presented bad to extreme scenarios of leaving the EU. There isn't a single economic prediction, that I've seen, using a model (not sentiment) which shows the UK will be more prosperous.

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36410749

_89833155_89833152.jpg

Any one else feel uncomfortable watching the Conservative Prime Minister share a platform with the Labour Mayor of London to extol the virtues of the EU?

Only if you are a leave supporter that wants to leave the EU, and would prefer the remain campaign to handicap themselves by not being united. Everyone else is happy to see a bipartisan front be formed to prevent the UK leaving the EU. It doesn't suddenly mean they agree on everything. This happens in Parliament all the time for many different votes.

Soldato
Permabanned
Is there an actual answer there?

Why use the misleading number. It's not like the proper number is small.

Also a leading question much? Where have you presented for debate where that description fits the EU?

You will note that there is no emotive language in my post. The UK is pretty damn good today. You are asking for change. The UK being worse off in 5 years time requires something to change or go wrong. The remain campaign have presented bad to extreme scenarios of leaving the EU. There isn't a single economic prediction, that I've seen, using a model (not sentiment) which shows the UK will be more prosperous.

You really cannot see further than the end of your nose, can you.

Soldato
Yes. These are troubling times for the uk. Buttering up to terrorists sympathizer.

And if people like this poster are the loudest voices of the leave campaign, that prey on prejudices then it has no chance. It puts question marks over immigration arguments especially when they are weak already when it comes to non-eu migration.

Permabanned
And if people like this poster are the loudest voices of the leave campaign, that prey on prejudices then it has no chance. It puts question marks over immigration arguments especially when they are weak already when it comes to non-eu migration.

If your so damn clever, give us all your reasons why we should want to even think about voting yes?

Soldato
Switzerland and Norway had a lucky escape. They do not wish to join the EU.

Can anyone from the remain camp explain this if the EU is so wonderful?

Well Switzerland had an application in place until March 2016. They even have free movement of people for the newest EU nations. But you are right that public opinion has now swung massively the other way.

Norway, yes have always been against joining the EU. Someone else will have to tell me if they have free movement of citizens, I would have thought yes.

However, if it is a question of let's look at what other people do, many more European countries are in the EU than out of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
If your so damn clever, give us all your reasons why we should want to even think about voting yes?

Because the UK is pretty damn good as it is today, economic growth is decent, incomes are rising faster than other comparable nations, unemployment is low. I see no reason to change things (that is up to you).

Whilst I will present economic benefits and costs of being in the EU, I want to know if you will review the methodology and logic before dismissing them. Then explaining why they are wrong and what your prediction is predicated on.

Arguments based on prejudice won't get any points from me.

Last edited:
Soldato
However, if it is a question of let's look at what other people do, many more countries are in the EU than out of it.

There are 196 sovereign nations on Earth, only 28 of them seem to think that having free movement of people between them, courts that can override their own and having legislation proposed by unelected bureaucrats is a good idea.

Also there are 50 countries in Europe, so whilst 'most' are technically in the EU, just under half of them aren't and it certainly isn't the 'many more' you claim..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom