Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36188558

Thats it, I'm decided. Looks like Turkey will eventually be joining and with that, I'm out. If they think it's ok to take a country lead by a blatent Dictator and with another fresh influx of free-flow people and all the money they blow on admin, I'm decided. Registered and ready to go for the polls!

Planning to trade under WTO rules without free movement, are we? That's bold! :D BoJo bold!

Keep it in your pants, Turkey is yet to meet half of the conditions demanded by the EU for the Visa-free travel in Schengen countries to come online. This doesn't remove in any way other political and structural barriers that have stalled their membership for 30 years.

Soldato
Hannan's problem is that he has an idea, and only then checks whether it connects with anything on the ground, often without due diligence. His MEP record also opens him up to criticism on procedural matters. So I don't think we'll be going down to his sock selection just yet. :p

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29452989 said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36191577

It's almost as if it wasn't a blind walk into disaster after all..

Yeah, I'm still grinding through the leaked documents. FT and the Economist should have something less dramatic soon too. But I've never had an issue with the TTIP process: bad deal, it gets shredded by the 28 members states (unanimity required) or the EUP; good deal, we take it. In any event, in any trade talks with the US, we know where our place is ;), no not the offensive to some bit you're thinking:eek: -- behind the EU.:) Brexiters might want to plead 'special relationship' and 'special deal' again, but it's becoming less and less convincing by the day.

Caporegime

Thats it, I'm decided. Looks like Turkey will eventually be joining and with that, I'm out. If they think it's ok to take a country lead by a blatent Dictator and with another fresh influx of free-flow people and all the money they blow on admin, I'm decided. Registered and ready to go for the polls!

I'm not sure why you're connecting these at all. You understand that visa-free travel means nothing more than that they can travel in Shengen on holiday without having to get a visa? This puts them on par with countries such as Brazil, Papua New Guinea and Namibia.

It doesn't "fast track" or alter the conditions of their entry (the Copenhagen criteria which include stable democracy and respect for human rights. Turkey is no where near meeting these criteria and so there is no prospect of a rapid entry in the EU. Moreover Turkey faces the special difficulty that it must negotiate an agreement with Greece over the status of Cyprus before it can join.

Turkey may eventually join the EU but it will not be doing so quickly.

Soldato
What is wrong with them?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/03/eu-to-fine-countries-that-refuse-refugee-quota/

"
Jean-Claude Junker is tomorrow expected to unveil plans to impose a penalty of €250,000 euros for countries that refuse to accept refugees, in a bid to salvage his botched migration quota scheme.
"

This sort of behaviour makes me want to fall back into the out camp.

Deffo staying in the "Vote to Leave" the EUSSR camp. He can go do one if he thinks fining countries for not taking refugees is acceptable. Just goes to show they are out of touch with reality.

Soldato
What is wrong with them?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/03/eu-to-fine-countries-that-refuse-refugee-quota/

"
Jean-Claude Junker is tomorrow expected to unveil plans to impose a penalty of €250,000 euros for countries that refuse to accept refugees, in a bid to salvage his botched migration quota scheme.
"

This sort of behaviour makes me want to fall back into the out camp.
That'll be the tip of the iceburg if we return with our tail between our legs.

Soldato
I was thinking more among the lines of within the EU website, stating that's the goal.

I still recommend starting with Antonio Gramsci and Georg Lukacs if are not playing dumb that you know nothing of cultural marxism and think Tim's foil hat is needed. If you want direct words on EU site, we fully support cultural marxism, then I can not give you that, but their actions are clear enough to see.

Soldato
What do you expect the EU to with countries that refuse to do the things they signed up to do?

Not to mention that the far harsher punishment open to the EU for non-compliance in emergencies is suspending members entirely (example: Slovakia/Austria elects an openly fascist leader who reinstates some neo-segregation or one member invaded another --> boom, out they go).

Man of Honour

What?

Columbia have visa free access to Schengen too, did you know that?

This is all about access to Schengen of which we are not a part. Schengen is not the EU, there are EU countries not in it and there are non EU countries who are in it.

Visa free access to Schengen is nothing to do with our membership of the EU and is something countries all over the world including from both South America and the Middle East already have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom