Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Wait ing for a more reliable source, but:

Man in negotiations in had to compromise with people he was negotiating with shocker?

Cameron has been breath-takingly incompetent in Europe from before he was even Prime Minister. It's no great surprise that he had to scale back his ambitions to something with a faint hint of reality. Freedom of movement is one of the fundamental grounding principles of the EU; the other 27 nations aren't going to abandon it because Cameron made a silly promise he can't keep.

In reality, the fact that Cameron had the sense to run his demands past some of the other EU leaders before embarrassing himself on the international stage is to his credit. It shows at least a basic understanding of international diplomacy.

(Incidentally: is it IDS or the Sun you're describing as an unreliable source? Or both?)

Soldato
Ya know what.... I was an in as i've said. But all i hear from the government is why we should be scared if we leave. not once have i heard the reasons to say!

Sod it i am voting out! Just concerned at a right wing agenda popping up in the mean time!

Man of Honour
[TFU] Thegoon84;29478178 said:
Ya know what.... I was an in as i've said. But all i hear from the government is why we should be scared if we leave. not once have i heard the reasons to say!

The much maligned leaflet was full of them..

Soldato
Sod it i am voting out! Just concerned at a right wing agenda popping up in the mean time!

Left or Right Wing doesn't matter. There are equally valid arguments on both "sides" for and against in all honesty and it's a matter of perspective.

I'm now convinced that CMD is secretly a Brexiter. :D

I've also had a pang of anguish given a recent trip to France & Switzerland re: leaving the EU but I still think the inevitable inconveniences are worth it for having a locally accountable, mostly transparent democracy that we can actually do something about come election time, not to mention the bonus of getting away from the train wreck that the EU is likely to become 5 years down the line. Sad but I think the EU could be a great thing, I just don't like the political and fiscal union parts of it. :)

Caporegime
It's Cameron a secret Out campaigner ? He seems to be doing a good job of turning undecideds to his cause :p
I've swung from out to undecided to out again

Soldato

My issue with the Brexiteers is that not only is it just as much scaremongering (UK will be forced to turn over our military to a muslamic EU army and house 5.6 trillion refugees), but it's the Scottish independence campaign all over again.

A lot of hopes and promises with nothing to back them up.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29477155 said:
And on the flip-side, some people refuse to believe anything the government says even if it's as simple as 'Tomorrow is Tuesday' simply because it's the Government.

If the government told me water was wet I would still want to check for myself...
Surely you can't believe the **** coming out of Camerons mouth lately?

Soldato
If the government told me water was wet I would still want to check for myself...
Surely you can't believe the **** coming out of Camerons mouth lately?

The Government's stance is similar to that of almost every other world leader, including now even NATO leadership.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-nato-idUSKCN0Y028V

I suppose the whole world (minus Putin and Trump) is conspiring to 'do Cameron a favour', eh?

Man of Honour
No, but they're certainly thinking about their own interests, and couldn't care less about the interests of the UK. And why should they.

But if its in, say, Japan's interests for us to be in the EU we benefit from that when the result is Japanese car factories in the UK, no?

Soldato
I'm not sure IDS's intervention really tells us anything new, the treaty for the new reformed relationship with the EU is practically homeopathic. I'm actually slightly concerned that our commitments not to impede Euro integration might give away more than our meagre gains.

Soldato
No, but they're certainly thinking about their own interests, and couldn't care less about the interests of the UK. And why should they.

Our allies don't care about our interests, our own government doesn't care either. Here's an idea(quote):

If one person tells you you're a horse , they are crazy. If three people tell you you're a horse, there's conspiracy afoot. If ten people tell you you're a horse, it's time to buy a saddle.

Caporegime
Agree, of course USA etc want us in Europe. No body wants instability, which will obviously be caused by out. Not to say it will be as bad as what people are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom