Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned

If you were running your campaign to remain in the EU would you go out of your way to cite examples of terrorism, random attacks and sexual molestation by immigrants, migrants and their descendants to promote it? I think not. Sad as it is to see innocents injured, these news items do the Brexit campaign no harm at all, as well you know. You just don't like to admit it ;)

Soldato
If you were running your campaign to remain in the EU would you go out of your way to cite examples of terrorism, random attacks and sexual molestation by immigrants, migrants and their descendants to promote it? I think not. Sad as it is to see innocents injured, these news items do the Brexit campaign no harm at all, as well you know. You just don't like to admit it ;)

No, because leaving the EU is not going to have any effect on random knife attacks in our Tube stations committed by people who are generally UK citizens anyway

Caporegime
No, but they're certainly thinking about their own interests, and couldn't care less about the interests of the UK. And why should they.

Because, broadly speaking, our interests align with those of our allies. Just as it is in our interests to have Germany, the US, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Australia, etc. be stable, prosperous countries it's in their interests to have the UK be a stable, prosperous countries.

Caporegime
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36253224

I find this absolutely hilarious, it's almost as though Cameron knows a large % of the public can't get behind him so he invokes the memory of a beloved figure like Churchill for people to get behind.

The man has been dead for 50 years, how about getting the opinion from those that can still have a voice. Talk about clutching at straws.

Soldato

I find this absolutely hilarious, it's almost as though Cameron knows a large % of the public can't get behind him so he invokes the memory of a beloved figure like Churchill for people to get behind.

The man has been dead for 50 years, how about getting the opinion from those that can still have a voice. Talk about clutching at straws.

But wasn't he against being part of it? "We have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked but not combined. We are interested and associated but not absorbed. If Britain must choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea.”

Permabanned

Yes, leave Sir Winston out of it, he's been turning in his grave enough of late ;)

Permabanned
No, because leaving the EU is not going to have any effect on random knife attacks in our Tube stations committed by people who are generally UK citizens anyway

Random knife attacks? These attacks are NOT random, they are by one religious group against other ones. Foot soldiers wreaking their own little Holy War. Foot soldiers that the EU's open border's policy has given unfettered access. Foot soldiers who are continuing to arrive due to the EU's lack of stout border control.
Foot soldiers that many referendum voters fear will gain access to the UK via pressure from the "magnanimous to the great unwashed" EU.

Man of Honour
Random knife attacks? These attacks are NOT random, they are by one religious group against other ones. Foot soldiers wreaking their own little Holy War. Foot soldiers that the EU's open border's policy has given unfettered access. Foot soldiers who are continuing to arrive due to the EU's lack of stout border control.
Foot soldiers that many referendum voters fear will gain access to the UK via pressure from the "magnanimous to the great unwashed" EU.

Sorry to crash your party but it's just been reported that he was a Gernan citizen.

Caporegime

"The mayor of Grafing, Angelika Obermayr, told Sueddeutsche Zeitung that the suspect was a German national" (from here).

But who wants to let the facts get in the way of a good rant, hey? People have died, let's try and score political points unrelated to events! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
As if it was relevant either way lol, Chris never fails to embarrass himself when it comes to it.

There are points you can argue for the out campaign but a German stabbing is not one of them

Man of Honour
I think people are going to vote to leave at this rate!! (as in - the result will be 'leave').

I doubt it will affect me much either way, but I can't see it doing some of the less financially secure any good once prices start rising and the value of the pound inevitably drops sharply due to uncertainty!

Last edited:
Soldato

lol Chris, you need to start engaging brain before typing rubbish on open forums, you are just making yourself look stupid.

Soldato

Yeah, someone like Boris would never invoke Churchill, would he?

Soldato
I think people are going to vote to leave at this rate!! (as in - the result will be 'leave').

I doubt it will affect me much either way, but I can't see it doing some of the less financially secure any good once prices start rising and the value of the pound inevitably drops sharply due to uncertainty!

People are looking at this as if it was one cycle of government ie a 5 year term. There will be uncertainty guaranteed in that time frame but the pound will go up and down as always, prices similarly.

If the vote is out, that is for at least the remainder of this century IMO. Over that longer time, there will probably be little overall effect on the UK prosperity either way. The markets would get used to changed circumstances, people will still buy and sell and make money or lose money.

So the main change will largely be political. How the UK is governed and how it sees itself in the world.

There is too much 'chicken little' hysteria around at the moment.

Caporegime
Yeah, someone like Boris would never invoke Churchill, would he?

I appreciate he has written a biography, but in relation to the EU when has he?

Regardless, Churchill, or anyone else who can't voice their opinion shouldn't even be mentioned. That was the main point.

Last edited:
Soldato
"The mayor of Grafing, Angelika Obermayr, told Sueddeutsche Zeitung that the suspect was a German national" (from here).

But who wants to let the facts get in the way of a good rant, hey? People have died, let's try and score political points unrelated to events! :rolleyes:

Leaving the EU will let us stop the hordes of German stabists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom