Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the overall numbers of cars on the road remained the same over the last 20 years?

Stop playing dumb.

What's the percentage of cars sold to foreign born members of the population, out of interest? Further, if you'd looked at this, we would still have a fairly healthy population growth with the Faragista version of immigration, really, hence a car ownership bump, as them nasty EUs aren't the biggest factor in the ratio; some pertinent population stats:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat.../birthsummarytablesenglandandwales/2015-07-15
http://webarchive.nationalarchives....and-and-wales/2011--final-/sty-fertility.html.
http://webarchive.nationalarchives....-living-in-the-uk/2011-census-data/index.html
http://webarchive.nationalarchives....ttp://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_371129.pdf

But please do take the (decreasing, year-on-year birth and fertility) official stats and show me the car ownership rate amongst the new arrivals, their children, and then compare it to the natives and their children; and how it all destroys our green and pleasant land.

Let's see you fly, Skunks! Oh, and whilst you're are at it, show me how Brexit'll fix it all. :p Show me the magical infrastructure funds. Show me the caring BoJos and Mogg types who will keep the environmental regulation and protect the future generations. Lol.

I know you, so I'll give you the figure: it's less than 1 car per 10 households. :p But since I'm also cruel, I'll let you work out just how small the foreign born contribution to it is. Cheerio!

[TW]Fox;29447322 said:
What has the biggest influence on the R&D priorities of manufacturers?

a) Legislation pertaining to a market of potentially 500 million people
b) Legislation pertaining to a market of potentially 60 million people

Frankly we'd probably have just coat-tailed off the back of what the EU did anyway had we not been members so we'd arguably have still benefited. but then we are back to allowing laws and regulations to influence us yet have no say in them.

See, Fox, that's a major flaw, amongst other binary contradictions in the Brexit case: "We are so big, they must listen/We are so small, everyone bullies us."

See, Fox, that's a major flaw, amongst other binary contradictions in the Brexit case: "We are so big, they must listen/We are so small, everyone bullies us."
Kind of like the "we are too small and weak to manage by ourselves but we have loads of loads of influence in the EU that wont notice if we leave because we're so weak and need them!"

Kind of like the "we are too small and weak to manage by ourselves but we have loads of loads of influence in the EU that wont notice if we leave because we're so weak and need them!"

Not even close: "We are amplified through the EU beyond our actual size; we have no magic money tree to recreate that bloc weight on the outside." I know, it hurts not to be on the nostalgic imperial bandwagon. :p

What I expect from a weak person :rolleyes:

If you like the EU so much go live in France or German and let the rest of us govern ourselves

You think I'm weak, I think you're a bit of a moron, guess we're equal.

I'm assuming you don't have much logical coherent argument to add to the debate, so may as well leave it there.

If you like the EU so much go live in France or German and let the rest of us govern ourselves

Sorry, you govern yourself? Where do you live?! I'm governed by a parliament in London, made up of elected MP's.

In much the same way that EU is governed by a parliament made up of elected MEP's. Sure we didn't vote for the President but we didn't vote for our Prime Minister, either.

[TW]Fox;29447457 said:
Sorry, you govern yourself? Where do you live?! I'm governed by a parliament in London, made up of elected MP's.

In much the same way that EU is governed by a parliament made up of elected MEP's. Sure we didn't vote for the President but we didn't vote for our Prime Minister, either.

I like how they attack 'undemocratic' things, but then ignore the same elements of our own democracy, being a constitutional monarchy to begin with notwithstanding! :)

[TW]Fox;29447457 said:

He's already resorted to a variant of one primary school playground reasoning, "If you like xxx so much, why don't you marry it?!".
So I'm sure he wouldn't be above adopting another by sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting loudly instead of taking in your reasoned response.

I hate the Brexit party, their men, their words and their methods.

But apart from that you quite like them? :p

You're probably aware I changed my opinion :p to be fair there's a difference between an earnest debate and the snickering and insults that tends to get padded around a lot with pro EU supporters. It's hard for you to convince people you're worth listening to while being rude and disrespectful to any issue they bring forward as a concern in there mind. I am quite open minded so I let it slide and swapped from out voter to in but I can't say I feel the in voters do much favours to there arguments with all the jokes and insults.

I don't think either side can particularly claim the moral high ground regarding debate or insults.

The amount of time people spend debating stuff with people who equally will never change their mind on an internet forum is the most stunning thing about these poll results and thread activity.

If someone could actually spend some of that time to look through the results and find the 2 people that have actually read an internet debate and changed their view it would be the best thing to come from these threads :D

It's almost as bad as a religion thread in that regard, very few people change opinions on matters they feel strongly about, they typically just rearrange their prejudices (and with apologies to the original author of the quote that I'm paraphrasing).

I don't think either side can particularly claim the moral high ground regarding debate or insults.
Depends, is someone who is a murderer because of bad circumstances just as bad as a 10x repeat offender? There's degrees of behaviour, we know who's flinging more mud even if there both in the mud pit. I'm not saying it to try and baselessly insult any side but rather to get them to recognise the behaviour and hopefully stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom