Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I vote to leave. Would like to raise a question though. Has anybody asked a somewhat more pertinent question about what effect the UK leaving would have on the EU? Would be interesting to hear peoples opinions on this.

I don't think there will be much. In the short term there will inevitably be share prices dropping loss of confidence here and there for both the EU and the UK.

Once it has settled down other than the loss of contributions from the UK which I doubt will have a huge impact I think Europe can continue sailing off in its own directions.

Maybe if we had been in the single currency things would be more awkward.

Soldato
I know, ridiculous isn't it :D

I can't believe you just said that :D

Err...Yes :confused:

I think the 'method' in which was being employed to unify Europe is all important when using Hitler as a comparison to the EU lol

So no, they are not comparable in any reasonable sense, but I was expecting such a weak response, so at least you didn't fail there.

Hitler used a lot of propaganda techniques to destabilise the governments of Eastern European countries that formally belonged to Germany before he sent in any Army to physically occupy them. Try bothering to learn some history prior to 1939

Soldato
I vote to leave. Would like to raise a question though. Has anybody asked a somewhat more pertinent question about what effect the UK leaving would have on the EU? Would be interesting to hear peoples opinions on this.

I'm hoping it brings the whole thing tumbling to the ground in a round of back stabbing, recrimination and parsimoniousness brought about by our missing payments and public discontent.

Soldato
So remain get a sensible comment from the governor of the Bank of England.

Out respond with Hitler fear stories which are called "reasonable" by the anti Semite.

About sums up the moral ground and factual context of both campaigns, sadly there are many idiots who will probably get on board with the hitler ****.

Associate
No, not in the slightest. Why would anyone base their conclusions on such a small and self-selecting sample?
Maybe because they aren't just your usual educated and well off people, they're also very politically minded so have a much higher chance of knowing what the EU is about and putting that education to good use?

It's like asking why a big group of expert economists (although 'small sample' comparably) would be a good basis for judging economic issues. It's kind of unlikely that several smart, politically driven, highly educated people from different areas and beliefs woud spawn quite a large set of purely crazy people. More than likely they just have good reason to want to leave regardless of how you feel or deny it based on minor points, it still makes a good argument.

Out respond with Hitler fear stories which are called "reasonable" by the anti Semite.

About sums up the moral ground and factual context of both campaigns, sadly there are many idiots who will probably get on board with the hitler ****.
And some will get on with the putin argument that only putin supports brexit too. Neither campaign is on moral high ground if people bother to look at it from an unbiased perspective. Both have had fudged numbers, both recited dictators names and both had fear in there campaigns.

Last edited:
Soldato

You're summing up an argument in the word "Hitler". Did you read the context? Do you disagree that the EU trying is trying to create a United Europe? Do you want that? Try actually addressing the point made

Associate
No, not in the slightest. Why would anyone base their conclusions on such a small and self-selecting sample?

It's not just the MP's though is it. If we assume the demographic of your average Tory supporter is middle class, then it is reasonable to assume that some of them also support their respective MP's viewpoints. Using the BBC class calculator from a few years ago I am "Technical Middle Class" and I'm on the out side.

V F

V F

Soldato

Pretty sure that video just showed normal folk voicing their concerns :rolleyes:

Sorry but with the normal folk that I interact with are vastly different. They can actually construct an argument, actually dress like humans and speak like them as well.

And that's the difference between an educated and non-educated society.

The pomposity of this guy is beyond comprehension.

You think you are educated.... Pmsl! :D

Slashley gibbins said:
Just normal people expressing their opinions and their opinions are just as important as anybody else's. Big business has overtaken the country fuelled by mass immigration; to me it's plain obvious. The normal Brit's voice isn't being heard and I think their thoughts are valid. To sneer at them is just wrong. Good luck to them.

Caporegime
8Ntfu85.png

Lol. Prior to the EU being founded Michael Jackson was still alive, vote leave to bring him back.

I wish people in general were better informed so that such horrifically low-effort non-points weren't part of this campaign.

Associate
I was in Italy for work last week at a CNC machine manufacturers facility. I asked a few people there what they thought of the EU and the situation the UK has with the option to leave. I did only speak to 4 or 5 but all would gladly leave. They dislike the Euro as it has bumped up prices of everything and the amount of tax they now pay has greatly increased. All commented on immigrants being an issue too.

It was interesting to get a few points of view from people living in part of Europe.

My inclination is definitely more towards out now. Based on what I've seen happen to countries where the Euro has been introduced I do not want to swap the pound for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom