Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (May Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 522 41.6%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 733 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gux

Gux

Associate
Pretty sure that video just showed normal folk voicing their concerns :rolleyes:

Sorry but with the normal folk that I interact with are vastly different. They can actually construct an argument, actually dress like humans and speak like them as well.

And that's the difference between an educated and non-educated society.

Soldato
Sorry but with the normal folk that I interact with are vastly different. They can actually construct an argument, actually dress like humans and speak like them as well.

The pomposity of this guy is beyond comprehension.

You think you are educated.... Pmsl! :D

Associate

Broken Rhetoric of Economically FlummoXed Idiots and Thugs

You insult thugs. Brexiteers can't compete with poor, low skilled Eastern Europeans that have basic English skills and they're afraid of homeless Syrians who are running for their lives. That's not exactly thug life, is it? :D

Thought I'd just repost these, so we can keep a track of the master race.

Soldato
1. I don't house bash, I'm commercial & industrial
2. Home-owners think with their wallet, but you get what you pay anyway
3. Who's actually saying close the borders? Apart from the swivel-eyed remain camp

Why is it so optimistic to have a reactive migration policy:rolleyes:

Slap heads can't understand the basic concepts of supply and demand.

Thought I'd throw insults around because that's the level of debate in here.

Permabanned
Yeah that's called capitalism. Leaving the EU won't change the capitalism system we have got in place here.

Says it all, if British home owners, rather hire EU migrants to do work than their own citizens. Maybe try and compete or offer better services....

Nah, screw that, close the borders :D

Also how does this only effect low skills workers? Surely this should effect everyone equally more or less, including high skilled workers right? Are you saying there are no high skilled workers from Poland who want to get a better wage in the UK?

How is it then that educated people seem to support the vote in by 70%? They should have similar problems with highly educated EU migrants

I tell you what sunshine, for someone so well educated you sure have a dreadful grip of basic grammar. You need to find out the difference between effect and affect, and their usage. I'm a mere mechanic, so my resolute stance to vote out is probably down to my poor education...

Soldato
As suggested, I think one of the biggest factors in well-educated people being so pro EU is that they're more likely to be young. The other big factor is no doubt wealth. Middle-class kids are way more likely to go to university than working class kids.

Associate
I tell you what sunshine, for someone so well educated you sure have a dreadful grip of basic grammar. You need to find out the difference between effect and affect, and their usage. I'm a mere mechanic, so my resolute stance to vote out is probably down to my poor education...

I think you'll find 99% of posters on this forum are psuedo intellects, I mean anyone can come across as being intelligent when given time to formulate a proper response, you wouldn't even regonise said person's arguments IRL.

Anyway I'll be voting out, and this isn't a well thought out choice being honest..I'm just one of many frustrated people out there who just want something to change. Anything to stick it to Cameron is a win in my book, he couldn't be anymore disconnected from your average voter if he tried, and the fact he wasted a few mil of TAX PAYER money sending out pro-EU leaflets to pretty every household is ridiculous.

Soldato
As suggested, I think one of the biggest factors in well-educated people being so pro EU is that they're more likely to be young. The other big factor is no doubt wealth. Middle-class kids are way more likely to go to university than working class kids.

Universities are full of raving lefties who tend to quickly change their minds when it gets figured out money isn't handed on a plate and there's families who need providing for.

Soldato

Define well educated?

As in university, collage or GCSE education.

What is your definition of well educated or should I say indoctrinated, just asking?

Soldato
I find it the other way around. Let's face the music, most EU polls, show that people with intelligence that have done more than just the basic secondary schools are voting to stay in.

Dumb people with only GCSE's are voting out. These same dumb people are afraid of immigration and "people taking our jobs". Clearly these dumb people do not have the skills and inteligence to compete with migrants that can barely speak english :D

If anyone is afraid of anything is competition from migrants and from the EU. Best case to leave, "so they stop taking our jobs". And that's the argument from dumb people and the leave campaign

:D

I wonder if Archimedes or Galileo got "A" levels ?

Newton ?

Tesla ?

Einstein ?

Wot Thick ***** !!

Soldato
I see the "in" spending is in full swing with targeted ads now. I've been reporting them as inappropriate! Jesus, it's like a plague of ad locusts, even with ABP enabled. They obviously paid ABP to categorise them as "acceptable". :p

How much did that cost and is it taken from my taxes?

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if Archimedes or Galileo got "A" levels ?

Newton ?

Tesla ?

Einstein ?

Wot Thick ***** !!

Despite my education, I know plenty of people who never finished school who are much more "clever" and able to solve complex practical problems than I am. :p I think it's arrogant to presume that academia is the trump card. I hate the fact that some people think a degree puts you in a different class and is a justification for snobbery.

Last edited:
Soldato
Universities are full of raving lefties who tend to quickly change their minds when it gets figured out money isn't handed on a plate and there's families who need providing for.

*Liked*

You know what's sad ?

My elder brother ("A" level)- who got married in 75 and got a mortgage then is still £100K in debt. Because he remortgaged and remortgaged (he does have a nice house) to pay his daughter and son in laws Uni fees off.

Fair enough - Except he's 60 this year and is getting too old to go clambering on house roofs in all sorts of silly weather now (He was a BT engineer for 30 years and is now self employed)!!

What's this got to do with the link I quoted ?

He is an intelligent bloke who is voting OUT and his daughter and son in laws aint struggled because "Daddy" has cancelled their struggle.

Admiral agreed but they now have that Looney Lefty outlook on everything !!

I have had to lend my Bro a grand for a car as he just can't afford to buy one after his last one died.

Yeah me... A thick trucker who wagged (Skived) and ENTIRE year off school (Cannington High - Western Australia) because I hated the damned school.

I'm so thick !!

/Rant - Don't mind me.. I've been on the K Cider all night !

Soldato
*Liked*

You know what's sad ?

My elder brother ("A" level)- who got married in 75 and got a mortgage then is still £100K in debt. Because he remortgaged and remortgaged (he does have a nice house) to pay his daughter and son in laws Uni fees off.

Fair enough - Except he's 60 this year and is getting too old to go clambering on house roofs in all sorts of silly weather now (He was a BT engineer for 30 years and is now self employed)!!

What's this got to do with the link I quoted ?

He is an intelligent bloke who is voting OUT and his daughter and son in laws aint struggled because "Daddy" has cancelled their struggle.

Admiral agreed but they now have that Looney Lefty outlook on everything !!

I have had to lend my Bro a grand for a car as he just can't afford to buy one after his last one died.

Yeah me... A thick trucker who wagged (Skived) and ENTIRE year off school (Cannington High - Western Australia) because I hated the damned school.

I'm so thick !!

/Rant - Don't mind me.. I've been on the K Cider all night !

Its a ball ache being thick like me, but hay hoe and away we go. Stupid people should relegate themselves to a dark corner in the room and say nothing. :rolleyes:

Gux

Gux

Associate

Yes you're right, my grammar is shocking but that's because English is not my first language. :D

You guys can try and spin it any way you want, the fact is lower educated people are voting to leave, while higher educated people are voting in. Higher educated people tend to achieve more in life on average, make scientific breakthroughs and run successful businesses more often. Good luck finding many lower educated people that do that...

Just have a look at FTSE 100 companies and see how many CEO's or managers only have GCSE level education...

But I guess they must all be wrong and lower educated people are right, they must have considered facts more carefully and came to a logical conclusion based on facts that leaving is better :D

Soldato
Yep, we're back in GD all right.:o

I'll try to break up this fight over peoples' education with the latest from NIESR: http://ner.sagepub.com/; click on the cover to view. Every major Brexit topic covered, without hysteria, paranoia or amateurish mental gymnastics. Indeed, they even get around to looking at what MigrationWatch says -- if that's not an invitation to some sceptics here, I don't know what is. Come on. Read something other than a tabloid for a change! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom