US: The Expanse - ** Please use spoiler tags for reveals with TV show or books**

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yeah Amos and the Woman are stand outs (forgot her character) and probably the best actors.

I prefer Dark matter as a show though tbh.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah Amos and the Woman are stand outs (forgot her character) and probably the best actors.

I prefer Dark matter as a show though tbh.
I like both. Very different from each other I feel. Though this on might have a small edge over Dark Matter overall.

Man of Honour
I like both. Very different from each other I feel. Though this on might have a small edge over Dark Matter overall.

Yeah different shows in many ways - Dark Matter I'd compare more directly with Killjoys which personally I didn't rate at all - seemed to take itself a bit too seriously while the shows in this kind of genre that have done best (Firefly, Farscape, etc.) have walked a fine line between serious and slapstick. The Expanse I enjoyed for very different reasons to Dark Matter.

I give Dark Matter the edge personally though because its far easier watching and also because they managed to get it released to digital in the UK with almost no time delay while they've still not managed to get season 2 of the The Expanse out in the UK on digital platforms which in this day and age is just pitiful.

Caporegime
just finished watching season 2 on Netflix, while it has its flaws it is a pretty awesome show

any recommendations for similar shows?

Also perhaps we need a UK thread for this for the people who watch on UK Netflix rather than pirated downloads etc..? I'd wager most of the people commenting early don't live in the US!

Don
I finished watching this on the train this morning. I loved the books and so far the series has captured everything I loved about them without any major plot holes.

It's a shame the Roci doesn't have the rail gun like it does in the books though, that weapon was insane :D

Don
I'm sure it will, if I remember the time line right, they aren't upto the part it gets fitted with the rail gun.

I might be forgetting my timelines (I havent read the early books in a while) but i thought it was fitted as standard? The upgrade work they had done was because the gun was destroying the insides of the ship when they used it as a method of propolsion inside the zone?

[EDIT] I did some Googling, you are right :) damn i need to re-read the books! I have avoided it so I don't recall too much for the TV series

Man of Honour
I might be forgetting my timelines (I havent read the early books in a while) but i thought it was fitted as standard? The upgrade work they had done was because the gun was destroying the insides of the ship when they used it as a method of propolsion inside the zone?

I think it was book three it was added when they split way with Johnson and as such no longer had easy access to missiles.

Soldato
I am on episode 8 of season 2. What a great show. I thought season 1 was good, but season 2 has kept on getting better and better. And by Episode 5 it turned from a good show to an awesome show.

Not sure I will be able to drag it out until stranger things.

Soldato
Finally got around to watching s2 last weekend, a few parts let it down but overall a improvement over the first season and it seems they had the cg budget upped especially with the last shot of the ship in the s2 finale.

The 2 main characters started getting tedious towards the end but after reading up on them it seems they've done it this way for what's to come in s3.

Back
Top Bottom