US: The Expanse - ** Please use spoiler tags for reveals with TV show or books**

Soldato
Is the new season going straight to sit on Netflix or will I have to wait for sci-fi to run it. I watched this on the off chance expecting nothing and loved it, can't wait for the new season.

Soldato
Is the new season going straight to sit on Netflix or will I have to wait for sci-fi to run it. I watched this on the off chance expecting nothing and loved it, can't wait for the new season.

Last year we had to wait 6 month or so after it aired in the US for Netflix to put it on over here, will no doubt be the same. I don't think Syfy have even ran the first season on Sky yet.

Caporegime
Last year we had to wait 6 month or so after it aired in the US for Netflix to put it on over here, will no doubt be the same. I don't think Syfy have even ran the first season on Sky yet.
SyFy only have the US distributor rights, international rights are held by another company. Its mentioned somewhere in this thread already.

Soldato
The first season does come across at times as cheaply made (I'm guessing they initially had a low budget?) I was always particularly irked by the airlock when they were in the daughter craft just closing like a bit of wood being forced shut :p

I would bear with it though as the acting really comes together and the effects notably improve over time.

Associate
Great show, I've not read the books but the show definitely benefits from a solid well through out story behind it.

Any ideas when season 3 is coming to the UK?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been looking for a new TV series to start now Walking Dead is on a break. I have lined up:

• Altered Carbon - 2 episodes in and enjoying this.
  • Westworld - yet to start.
  • The Orville - 5 episodes in, not bad.
  • Star Trek: Discovery - S1 complete and really enjoyed this.
  • The Expanse S1 - first episode watched and not overly impressed. I liked the grittiness of life in space on a mining ship and the flip and burn was impressive, but the gumshoe hat wearing, matchstick chewing, burnt out detective hit every cliche.

Should i stick with the Expanse or is there something better?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've been looking for a new TV series to start now Walking Dead is on a break. I have lined up:

• Altered Carbon - 2 episodes in and enjoying this.
  • Westworld - yet to start.
  • The Orville - 5 episodes in, not bad.
  • Star Trek: Discovery - S1 complete and really enjoyed this.
  • The Expanse S1 - first episode watched and not overly impressed. I liked the grittiness of life in space on a mining ship and the flip and burn was impressive, but the gumshoe hat wearing, matchstick chewing, burnt out detective hit every cliche.
Should i stick with the Expanse or is there something better?
Stick with The Expanse. It gets VERY good later that season, S2 is also really good and S3 seems to be keeping that up.

Soldato
Just watched the 3rd episode - lots of background stuff going on and underhand politics - i saw the Martian ship launch the torpedos, so who did blow up the Canterbury? Oooooooh! Will stick with it a little more.

Soldato
Season 1 done and and Ep 1 of S2.

It has gotten better and i am now interested in the characters - i am finding the Martian pilot "donkey balls" annoying with his Clint Eastwood southern drawling all the time (why?! Sounds so out of place). Also Naomi Nagata, the actress playing her is so wooden. Amoss the meathead, where he started out as a one dimensional character is coming into his own now and shaping up to be a good character (he'll get killed now won't he?!)

Soldato
Ep 2 done, glad detective has had his hair cut :D

I like how this is non-stop, ie not like walking dead with reams of pointless dialogue - it keeps up the pressure and interest.

Man of Honour
Stick with The Expanse. It gets VERY good later that season, S2 is also really good and S3 seems to be keeping that up.

This tbh. Took a while to get going, but it is a series that gets better and better. I started just be having it on in the background, was hooked by the end of S1. Can't wait for S3.

Back
Top Bottom