The Expanse

Associate
It's expensive to make, which is why Syfy cancelled it and most likely why Netflix wasn't interested.

the reason for why syfy cancel the show was not because it was expensive to make it was because they were not getting enough money from it as production company was making money from it, it's boils down to a crappy deal that syfy made with the production company for first showing only. as for Netflix only reason why they not renew rights to the show and not join the bidding process was that they knew amazon was serious for this show and to help sweeten the deal with amazon, Netflix publicly announce that they were not renewing it come September of last year so that amazon could have right to back catalogue. if amazon wasn't actively looking to pick it up or didn't pick it up, Netflix would have pick it up.

Associate
I'm up to episode 5 of season 3 at present, i can confirm that it is the uncut version and not TV broadcast version as the F-bomb was drop a number of time. would have been fewer in to the series but I had to watch the last few minute of season 2 episode 12
just after saving the refugee from the missile, holden targets the mar's warships and hale's them to give's his ultimatum.

Man of Honour
I just caught up and finished season 3 this week. I can't fathom why Syfy let this show go.

Because Syfy are **** - awful understanding of their audience and of how to promote a show and don't seem easy to work with for existing shows. (See Dark Matter for instance).

Associate
I just caught up and finished season 3 this week. I can't fathom why Syfy let this show go.

as other have mention and if you read past post in here or other online threads/posts you would see the complete picture to why. but to briefly summarise it all boils down to the fact that when syfy made there original deal for the show with the production company they did a P*** pour job of it.

Man of Honour
Dunno if it was done intentionally but interesting that Amos for instance has good muzzle discipline (other than when he doesn't for a reason hah) and tactical awareness whereas others like Alex for instance is pointing his gun all over the place which kind of goes against his supposed roots so might have been an oversight in production.

Soldato
Dunno if it was done intentionally but interesting that Amos for instance has good muzzle discipline (other than when he doesn't for a reason hah) and tactical awareness whereas others like Alex for instance is pointing his gun all over the place which kind of goes against his supposed roots so might have been an oversight in production.

Well Alex was Navy (MCRN) so he's gonna be pants in an actual gunfight ;)

Man of Honour
Well Alex was Navy (MCRN) so he's gonna be pants in an actual gunfight ;)

Looking it up the actor who plays Amos has actual military training and came from the military into acting - I thought his handling was a bit good (he is obviously processing the why not just going through the motions) even for an actor who has done a bit of weapons training. It really works with the character though.

Back
Top Bottom