The Expanse

Soldato
I don't think she's a bad actor, but then opinions differ when it comes to acting ability. I've seen many a person call many an actor who isn't considered one of the greats, a bad actor.

As for her accent; she is Iranian, so I guess that is how she speaks.

No idea about Netflix not having the show from the 30th. Maybe what ever rights deal Netflix has had, ends; then Amazon will be able to show the first 3 seasons onwards?

Soldato
I'm only part way through S2 at the moment, so I've avoided reading the thread, but have a couple of questions.

Netflix is telling me it wont have the show from 30th Sept, I understand this is because Amazon have it on Prime, but I only see S1 there at the moment? Will that change on the 30th perhaps?

Also, the politician lady (Chrisjen Avasarala) just seems a really bad actor. Am I just mistaking her odd accent for bad acting? (I do enjoy some of the weird accents :) )

I had the exact same thought, but she did grow on me as the seasons go on. Also having read the books now, she actually performs the role very closely to them and seems to be a pretty perfect casting.

Soldato
On one hand, I would have thought Netflix would already have had a deal in place to stream season 3. On the other; maybe the 6 month delay between airing in the US and appearing on Netflix, the cancellation of the show (during the third season) and Netflix's decline in picking up the show, shoved a spanner in the works with them being able to stream season 3.

Soldato
The Expanse has been a real surprise hit for me. Watched season 1 & 2 on Netflix and loved it. Then went on the hunt for Season 3. And couldn't believe it was out there, but not accessible here in the UK. I read there was a way to use your prime membership (which I have) to steam it from the US, but Amazon (supposedly) closed the loophole. Argh!

Can't wait for Season 4! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
So Expanse has disappeared off Netflix completely as far as I can see but still no option to watch season 3 on Amazon.

Wtf is going on? I'm in the verge of going illegal to watch this, it's shambolic.

Last edited:
Associate
It is dragging on a bit now isn't it? Jeff Bezos wants it all to himself, Bond villian style. He will probably end up keeping the cast locked up to complete filming the series for his own pleasure.

Soldato
By now if it was Netflix we should have had it as it was usually 6 months after it finished airing in the US sadly with Amazon buying it they've now put S1 up but not S2 or S3 yet and it's gone completely from Netflix.

Soldato
Wow! November 2019!?

I see Amazon want to be sure people are going to view season 3 via their streaming service, rather than just buy the BD instead. ;)

Back
Top Bottom