The Expanse

Associate
Ugh does that mean no season 3 for Netflix uk? Thought it was only season 4 on prime?

as I post above in an earlier post Netflix didn't renew there rights to the expanse so they expire in September, so if you look on Netflix Uk now there shouldn't be any of the expanse on there. this was done as an incentive so that if amazon decided to pick up the expanse they would have the entire catalogue to put on the service.

Soldato
as I post above in an earlier post Netflix didn't renew there rights to the expanse so they expire in September, so if you look on Netflix Uk now there shouldn't be any of the expanse on there. this was done as an incentive so that if amazon decided to pick up the expanse they would have the entire catalogue to put on the service.
Dammit! Absolutely loved S1&2 but refuse to shell out for yet another streaming service.
Can prime logins be shared like Netflix can?

Man of Honour
Can prime logins be shared like Netflix can?

Someone with an Amazon account can setup Amazon Household to share certain benefits like free delivery to the same address and access to prime video but not sure on the restrictions on video.

Soldato
A lot of the Belters sound very different, and I like how many of them put their own slant on their Belter accent - Cara Gee and Jared Harris are especially good at that.

Yes, they are very good.

Dominique Tipper, on the other hand, doesn't even try and just speaks with a London accent; but, probably better to speak normally than to attempt an accent and fail badly, like Russell Crowe in Robin Hood.

Soldato
Did Costner even attempt an English accent in Prince of Thieves?

I thought he just stuck with his American accent. Been many years since I saw that though.

Soldato
Mid way through season 2 again as i've finally convinced my wife to watch this, i still can't really pick fault with it aside from some things which are clearly related to a smaller budget, it's without doubt some of the best made sci fi of the last quarter century.

Associate
^ This.
Speaking normally, she's somewhat more fluid, but her accent in this really adds to the line delivery in scenes like the 'Whoever you are' moment in Draper's interrogation. I just wish she had more of her fantastic lines from the books

the producers have stated that "Chrisjen Avasarala" character they had to tone down the language as well as language of other character, violence etc scene so that it can be broadcasted on tv, hence when you watch the blu-ray releases of the show that character has a lot more bad language and dialog compare to tv broadcast. so when news hit that amazon had pick up the show, the rules for tv broadcast were no longer factor and amazon was also willing for the producers to be more true to the source material mean more language, sex violence etc all the thing they had to tone down or skip due to broadcasting rules.

Caporegime
I believe he attempted it, even hiring a personal dialogue coach... but the accent was dropped and the coach fired, when Costner still did an abysmal job!! :D
Supposedly there are still a few shots (that couldn't be re-filmed) where his awful attempt is in place, though I CBA to go looking for them.

Does the BR have the really good quotes from the books?
She sounds like a right filthy *****!! :D
At least they didn’t just dub another actors voice over like they did for Andie McDowell in Greystoke.

Associate
I believe he attempted it, even hiring a personal dialogue coach... but the accent was dropped and the coach fired, when Costner still did an abysmal job!! :D
Supposedly there are still a few shots (that couldn't be re-filmed) where his awful attempt is in place, though I CBA to go looking for them.

Does the BR have the really good quotes from the books?
She sounds like a right filthy *****!! :D

not as filthy as the book, but producer said she swears like a sailor in the books and they try to do they best to do that but due to broadcast rules they can't, hence why they film it tone down with the bad language then did a tone down a bit more version in the editing room where they cut the tail end off before the swear words it done so there no beep. I do recommend the blu-ray over the tv version. can say that the f-bomb is drop by her in the season 2 blu-ray quite a bit compare to were it isn't in the tv broadcast. season 4 going to be the best as they said no broadcast restriction so swearing like a sailor as they did mention on a video clip they get a kick out of the actor that plays Chrisjen Avasarala swearing.

Soldato
Binged watched season 3 in couple days, loved it, can't wait for season 4.

There is never a bad episode with this show, best Sci-fi since battlestar galatica for me

Soldato
Well there's a DVD season 3 release date on Prime now for November 2019... Surely they can't make UK customers wait another year?

I've actually pinged them an email thinking worst case they ignore me, best case I get an indication of Prime release for season 3.

Back
Top Bottom