• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The first "proper" Kepler news Fri 17th Feb?

amd and nv buy the pproduct from tsmc differently - nv buy whole wafers , which is cheaper when they get yields - amd buy working chips which is cheaper when the yields are cack

then factor in APPLE buying as much capacity as they can , then you look at pricing

So Kepler is going to be in short supply, cost £300 for the flagship specification and be 40% faster than a 7970.

What else can we add to these rumours that will make it even more contradictory? Power draw will be under 150W? :p

My 0.02.
Same price as a 7970, (4-500) and only 5-10% faster. The red team will then release a bunch of SOC cards, as will the green team in a tick-tock of competition that keeps us all happy.
Right now a premier card costs ~430. I don't expect that to change.

My 0.02.
Same price as a 7970, (4-500) and only 5-10% faster. The red team will then release a bunch of SOC cards, as will the green team in a tick-tock of competition that keeps us all happy.

I'm inclined to agree, most interested in the upcoming upper mid-range offerings to be honest.

My 0.02.

Yeh i can see this happening exactly :(

why would they release system on a chip cards? they would be rubbish for gaming surely?

no - the cpu part will be dedicated to physx (if you want a true SOC chip) - like the way piledriver with gpu will have a boost for fpu work :D its the way AMD are going (along with ARM chips) and intel are lagging badly in this area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom