US: The Flash (2014)

Permabanned
Episode 8 of both The Flash and Arrow is a 2 hour crossover so pretty soon. They're planning on eventually doing their own Justice league thing with the shows so i imagine there will be plenty.

The same guy behind this and Arrow has just started on a Supergirl series too, dunno if it'll get crossovers though as CBS got that one.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Episode 8 of both The Flash and Arrow is a 2 hour crossover so pretty soon. They're planning on eventually doing their own Justice league thing with the shows so i imagine there will be plenty.

The same guy behind this and Arrow has just started on a Supergirl series too, dunno if it'll get crossovers though as CBS got that one.

CBS is owned by Warners, who also own The CW. So there is a chance of a crossover of all 3. :)

Soldato
Good 2nd episode, the characters are starting to take form.

But i'm seeing lots of Smallville in this. 1 accident creating a hero with multiple bad guys for him to 'get rid of'.

Permabanned
Good 2nd episode, the characters are starting to take form.

But i'm seeing lots of Smallville in this. 1 accident creating a hero with multiple bad guys for him to 'get rid of'.

Not such a bad thing as long as they stay away from the constant teen romance Smallville kept throwing at us.

Really enjoying it so far and even found myself wanting to watch this before both SHIELD and Sons of Anarchy this morning.

Soldato
OP
Last night's episode is based on The Flash New 52 comic book issues 3, 4 and 5. Which I thought was really cool!

The episode was damn good! I love the effects! Better than I expected them to be.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Not such a bad thing as long as they stay away from the constant teen romance Smallville kept throwing at us.

Really enjoying it so far and even found myself wanting to watch this before both SHIELD and Sons of Anarchy this morning.

+1
Yeah couldn't agree more, they got to learn this ain't buffy or angel nonsense . It a superhero genre everything else is secondary and shouldn't overwhelm the original focus. Your here to watch the Flash first and foremost.

One disappointing thing, this production has done a good job but DC again imo is making another mistake. They are recasting flash and arrow in batman vs superman (erm justice league) movie and won't have any ties to this series crazy :eek:

Permabanned
+1
One disappointing thing, this production has done a good job but DC again imo is making another mistake. They are recasting flash and arrow in batman vs superman (erm justice league) movie and won't have any ties to this series crazy :eek:

I imagine that's down to a few things but ones that spring to mind are - Wanting expensive seat filling actors due to the massive box office expectations for superhero movies these days, less risk than casting a relatively unknown actor from the likes of The CW which is a small channel. Secondly the TV channels probably don't want their actors finding massive amounts of fame in the movies and leaving their shows after a season or 2, they make most of their money from syndication which requires a show to have a minimum amount of episodes, usually 88-100. TV contracts aren't usually more than 2 years, most of them only for 1 year due to the nature of TV renewals and cancellations.

Soldato

Not good enough to beat SHIELD yet IMO but certainly watched before SoA. I don't think Flash would suit being as dark as Arrow is at times but I do hope they follow Arrow in that they do bad guy of the week for the first few episodes to set the characters up then move on to the over arching story.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Who on earth is that guy in the wheelchair?

That the question, I can think of 2 or 3 different possibilities but will avoid spoilers. It also depends how true they stick to the original story as well.

The effects are good showing off his powers although i am sure he punch just as fast :p which was my only criticism

Caporegime
Please post who you think it might be in spoiler tags, really curious as to if I know him from the DC world already....

And yeah that did make me laugh, he is the fastest man alive, can move so fast that people completely stop yet he can't avoid a punch or two by "normal" people or/and take out every single one in a split second.....

Associate
i think he going to be the reverse flash we know that
he willing to kill so he cant be a good guy
he has info from the future so may well be from the future
he has a unhealthy interest in the flash/Barry

Caporegime
Yup, just had a read around and it appears you may be right about who he is! :) Never had much interest in the flash so have no idea about his enemies except what I have seen in the justice league cartoon series & flash animated films.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Please post who you think it might be in spoiler tags, really curious as to if I know him from the DC world already....

And yeah that did make me laugh, he is the fastest man alive, can move so fast that people completely stop yet he can't avoid a punch or two by "normal" people or/and take out every single one in a split second.....

Eobard Thawne -Professor Zoom - crazed fan from the 25th century

Yeah he could rain a thousand punches before you could react. He is faster than Superman, he so fast he can vibrate through matter and go back in time so him not able to handle 5 clones was a little silly if I was being super critical. But I still loved it just happy they are doing this show

For those that didn't know the actor who played Barry's imprisoned dad was also the flash in previous flash series

Last edited:
Associate

remember this is a young flash who hasn't mastered his powers yet, he still learning what he can and can't do

Soldato
OP
For those asking about Barry's powers. He's just learning about them. You can't expect him to know he has the ability to vibrate through matter and go back in time so soon.

Also, Superman can vibrate his molecules just as fast. ;)

I like the theory people are throwing around that Harrison Wells could be Eobard Thawne aka Reverse Flash aka Professor Zoom. Yet we have a police officer called Eddie Thawne who I believe is the Reverse Flash. But given that Wells has already killed someone to protect Barry Allen's identity, who knows. This could be very interesting. ;)

And yes, John Wesley Shipp played The Flash in the 90's TV series. :)

Back
Top Bottom