US: The Flash (2014)

Soldato
the network probably realised that theres only soo much kid flash we can take so decided on the brake knowing the next ep is going to be focused on him.

Soldato
this weeks episode was soo weak, after watching it i'm thinking what was the point. and also

How did she manage to freeze barry when they all had their powers suppressed?

Associate
Because Grodd didn't know she had powers. And that makes perfect sense :p. Also, I thought Barry was able to open breaches, or did I imagine that?

Caporegime
Team Flash are utterly stupid. Grodd is telepathic right? So he can't read minds? I loved their way of saving money on CGI :p - have Grodd literally stand round the corner and then dramatically walk in when they could afford to do some CGI.

Soldato
I've been watching a lot of Justice League animated stuff recently (highly recommend it if you have Amazon Prime) and they do things so much better in those. In particular, fights involving Flash are just more believable. Flash has super-speed and is never caught out in the pathetic ways he is on this show but still has weaknesses that villians exploit.

If you've not seen it, I highly recommend watching The Flashpoint Paradox!

3eKJ213.jpg

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Barry's stupidity and rapidly changing power levels (plot depending) are getting beyond annoying.

How did King Kong even land a hit on Barry? He can literally run fast enough that people seem motionless to him, and he's fighting a huge lumbering gorilla. Ignoring that why not just stand there and phase through every slow moving punch that happened to come his way. Why was he running laps on the arena wall instead of sonic boom punching his face off? Why no lightning throw? or tornado, or just flat out phase his heart out...

Honestly every season I just end up rooting for the bad guy because they are just so much less retarded. The best parts of the show are where Barry gets wrecked by Reverse Flash/Zoom/Savitar, because then I sit there and go "Yes, this is how a speedster should fight." and nod sagely.

Yet Barry never learns.

You are right, the DC animated movies do it all so much better.

Soldato
Barry's stupidity and rapidly changing power levels (plot depending) are getting beyond annoying.

How did King Kong even land a hit on Barry? He can literally run fast enough that people seem motionless to him, and he's fighting a huge lumbering gorilla. Ignoring that why not just stand there and phase through every slow moving punch that happened to come his way. Why was he running laps on the arena wall instead of sonic boom punching his face off? Why no lightning throw? or tornado, or just flat out phase his heart out...

Honestly every season I just end up rooting for the bad guy because they are just so much less retarded. The best parts of the show are where Barry gets wrecked by Reverse Flash/Zoom/Savitar, because then I sit there and go "Yes, this is how a speedster should fight." and nod sagely.

Yet Barry never learns.

You are right, the DC animated movies do it all so much better.

He's like the daniel larusso of speedsters, absolutely rubbish at what he does but gets the job done in the end.

Associate
While I won't argue this week was a terrible episode....

Seriously, the most monotone conversation ever about killing one of their friends that I honestly thought was them joking around until Julian stepped in with the only delivery in the scene that actually suited what they were talking about, Wally/Jessie with the CW-ness turned to 11 etc

...there's been plenty of week where that situation is completely reversed and Flashed killed it while AoS was a complete cluster****.

Associate
I've been watching a lot of Justice League animated stuff recently (highly recommend it if you have Amazon Prime) and they do things so much better in those. In particular, fights involving Flash are just more believable. Flash has super-speed and is never caught out in the pathetic ways he is on this show but still has weaknesses that villians exploit.

If you've not seen it, I highly recommend watching The Flashpoint Paradox!

3eKJ213.jpg

Will check this out, do I need to watch Justice League Season 1 before the flashpoint paradox?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Will check this out, do I need to watch Justice League Season 1 before the flashpoint paradox?

If its based on the comics arc then no it is a seperate story on its owns, all you need to know is Flash and his time travel experiences. :)

Soldato
The Justice League animated series leads into Justice League Unlimited. Totally worth watching though a bit more aimed at teens.

The DC movies tend to be based on individual comics and are often a bit darker/adult in themes with more violence. I'd recommend:

Flashpoint Paradox
Justice League Doom
Justice League War
JL Throne of Atlantis (follows on from War)
JL The New Frontier
JL Gods and Monsters
JL Crisis on Two Earths
JL Dark (more Constantine feat. Batman than JL)

If you like Batman or Superman there are many good animated movies for just them too. e.g Assault on Arkham, The Killing Joke and Gotham Knight for Bats.

Shame Flashpoint Paradox is the only one about Flash that I'm aware of!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Brilliant, thanks :)

The time travel element is what I enjoyed most about the series so this should be right up my alley then :D

The Flashpoint Paradox would have made a great movie and certainly was much more than the tv show covered. As usual DC don't take advantage of the sounce material and gloss over it without doing it justice.

Btw sent a steam invite. :)

Associate
This lad that plays Wally was in some of the Divergent films as well - he was pretty much Wally. How is this lad getting work?

I actually quite like Julian but maybe that's me cheering on a fellow Englishman!

Caporegime
A guy that can run >1,500mph and travel though time - I can go with it.

A general that has more authority than the commander-in-chief to launch nuclear missiles, nuclear missiles being on some clapped out SAM battery rather than a silo and a keypad that accepts multiple incorrect entries - this is more difficult :D:p

Soldato
The two Grod episodes were poor in my opinion, although I did like having the real Harry back.

The CGI shot of the gorillas standing over Central City (which appeared to be in the middle of a jungle) was awful and looked nothing like the usual sweeping shots of the city!

Barry was fast enough to save Joe before he blew his own brains out but still managed to run directly into Grod's shield?! Lolwut!

Back
Top Bottom