US: The Flash (2014)

Soldato
Oh? Do elaborate (with spoilers) because if so, I can watch it instead of having to put up with stupid Barry and stupid Wally and stupid Iris. I know they've already said the big bad next season isn't going to be a speedster but that's probably because they've used most of them already and the opening credits is getting a bit long, what with "my name is Barry Allen and I'm the fastest man alive; except for Eobard Thawne, Hunter Zoloman, Savitar and probably Wally West. Oh, and Supergirl but she's not a man so I can get away with that. Anyway, Barry Allen and I'm quite quick"

The words on the video title was "how the flash became savitar", and there was a picture of Barry in savitars suit with the helmet removed.

Caporegime
How TV flash's fights should be....

TD21xuj.gif

Caporegime
Works with a 2 minute per round video game but not a tv show.. ;)
Still far better than how Barry's fights in the tv show go i.e.

- someone faster than him or/and Barry isn't fast enough to disarm/beat a slow bad guy... proceeds to get knocked on his ass
- radios in saying he can't beat said villain and then gets a pep talk from the crew about how they believe in him etc.
- he all of a sudden can win within less than a second by a single punch or something anti-climatic

:D

And TBH, that scene really isn't any different to what Savitar did to Barry.

Soldato
Yeah there is so much bs about... Watch the recent Emergency Awesome Flash video and he goes on to say what the show runners have stated in that the reveal will be fragmented and surprising. For it to be Barry it would be silly really.

Associate
There's a logic to the theory, and the way they're hyping Savitar's identity it's got to be someone we'll recognise, I don't like it, I certainly don't want it,but I really can't rule out them upping the CW-ness of the final couple of episodes have Savitar unmask as future Barry/time remnant Barry/Flashpoint Barry or some variation thereof and we're left with our Barry having a tearful goodbye with Iris and Team Flash before locking himself in the speedforce to somehow undo it all.

Until 12 minutes into the season 4 opener.

Associate
Nah, I still think it'll be
Earth 2 Flash, Jay Garrick. After he gave up his place for Wally in the Speedforce, it turned him bonkers but gave him even faster speed (or some other hand wavy low imagination crud from sub-par writers) so he goes back in time to get revenge on Barry. The emotional crush will be Barry has to kill someone who looks exactly like his Dad, which'll be a nice change of guilt from letting his Mum die :rolleyes:

Honestly, I don't think it matters anyway. From such strong beginnings, the CW shoes are just becoming worse and worse. I hear Arrow has improved this season but I gave up when it became the Felicity Smoak show and I won't go back until they show her severed head descending the Arrow elevator (Arrowvator?) and Flash and LOT aren't far behind in the - ridiculous writing ruining the show - stakes.

Soldato
Yeah, but the moment he arrives in the future he gets the crap kicked out of him by a wonky eyed bird and a Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen clone with a penchant for mirrors. Why the **** did he just stand there chatting away like a div? He's the Flash, he could have dropped both of them before one of her eyes had even finished changing colour.

Soldato
They really are dropping hints to who Savitar is but I have a feeling its misdirection. Wally comatose by seeing who he is, KF just going "What do you want me to do?" along with some other stuff.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Yeah, but the moment he arrives in the future he gets the crap kicked out of him by a wonky eyed bird and a Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen clone with a penchant for mirrors. Why the **** did he just stand there chatting away like a div? He's the Flash, he could have dropped both of them before one of her eyes had even finished changing colour.

That happens every epsiode so i guess the show feels they have to do this to stretch the story or lack of :p. The amount of times a person escapes from the Flash is laughable. This week it was KF, where is she? She not here any longer and he managed to cover the entire building but not the immediate area? Who is most likely walking/running normal speed. but yeah he could have dropped them both before they knew what was going on.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
But yeah he could have dropped them both before they knew what was going on.

Even worse, he goes and squares off against them again, smack talks, then just stands their and acts surprised when they whammy him... like what did he expect to happen? Why even stop to talk? Blaze in there, grab them both drop them into a cell. We know that he can do that because he literally grabbed all the members of 'Team Flash' and dropped them into the same room simultaneously like 10 minutes ago... >_<

Caporegime
Yup it is getting extremely annoying now! Like I posted above, I would much rather see a fight go down like the above GIF I posted (even if it is completely over the top) than watch the same crap happen time and time again to the fastest man in the world....

Soldato
Yup it is getting extremely annoying now! Like I posted above, I would much rather see a fight go down like the above GIF I posted (even if it is completely over the top) than watch the same crap happen time and time again to the fastest man in the world....

Really? I have no issues with it. Its a story, its based on a comic book and its entertainment. I enjoy every episode. I understand the repetitiveness but would rather have that than just the flash just pops in, gets rid of the baddie of the week then go home. Then the rest of the show would be filler and not be on tv for very long. Like most stories its a tale of aversion, overcoming that aversion and progressing.

Caporegime
Really? I have no issues with it. Its a story, its based on a comic book and its entertainment. I enjoy every episode. I understand the repetitiveness but would rather have that than just the flash just pops in, gets rid of the baddie of the week then go home. Then the rest of the show would be filler and not be on tv for very long. Like most stories its a tale of aversion, overcoming that aversion and progressing.
Except it doesn't work when we have seen time and time again that he is perfectly capable of beating normal "slow" people without any issues as well as pulling of acts that require him to be faster than what anyone can imagine i.e.

- running so fast he can open a portal himself and travel back/forward in time (another thing that I never get, why there are moments where he needs the likes of Wally to open portals.....)
- running so fast that he can get 3 people in a room within seconds and they don't even realise what happened and as said, able to check an entire building out yet he can't check out the surrounding area to find a normal speed person....
- stopping a bullet from leaving a chamber i.e. that time Joe had a gun right to his temple
- can move so fast that he can cause not just the molecules of his body to phase through anything but also able to do it to anything and anyone....
- we have also seen what it is like from his perspective a few times i.e. everything practically comes to a complete halt
- moves so quick he can create an after image/speed mirage

Amongst many other things.

Either buff the villains/meta humans (so that they all automatically just have super quick reactions) or nerf Barry's speed big time. Can you imagine this happening for other super heroes i.e. batman, getting his ass handed to him by normal brawling thugs.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I clicked the spoiler at the top of this page thinking it wouldn't be anything I don't know as I'm up to date... SAD FACE!

Back
Top Bottom