US: The Flash (2014)

Soldato
I'm not sure if you're being serious, I thought this week's episode was one of the worst since the flash started. I've been a bit uncertain on the tone of this season since it started, it seems to be trying to recapture what made season one great, but it's so all over the place and inconsistent.

In this week's episode it was even worse, one minute you had Goldberg being beaten up and about to be stabbed in prison, the next minute you had trickster and prank camping it up. It was completely bizarre. I'm wondering whether it's worth persisting with the flash, it all seems a bit juvenile and silly now.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Unless this show gets some real direction soon its damn close to falling off my list of stuff to watch, it seems to be a chore now rather than something to look forward to.

Compare it to TGT, Lucifer, Billions just to name a few which make me genuinely excited to wait for the episode to watch.

Theres so much high quality TV around, this second rate drivel wont last.

Soldato
Seriously WTF
did I just see Barry speed out of his cell and take that guy all the way to China in the time it took that camera to rotate????

He does that when the rest of the time he struggles to keep up with the bad guys in the city. Utter joke

Caporegime
Yes, yes I know suspension of disbelief but Barry's speed is always all over the place. One time he's as fast as a supercruising/afterburner hey at ~1500mph, then it's fast enough to go back in time, then he's slow enough to get punched multiple times. And today he must have been in the hundreds of thousands or millions. Oh and I love a 2bit camera even caught him. They really stretched out the Cecile story line, I slipped every part - would rather watch her in clown court.

Soldato
I liked how Cecile's super power wasn't only to read minds, but to lose all mental roadblocks that prevent you from just shouting out and saying the most embarrassing stuff possible in front of everybody.

Caporegime
This week was definitely better (once you get past the ever changing speed of Barry) and there was definitely a correlation with this and two characters not being in the episode. Ralph and Joe's incredibly annoying Mrs.

Associate
i'm sure something, something speedforce would explain that. That or as fast as she is, Supergirl still isn't a speedster so she'd only be able to move that fast when Barry was touching her which somewhat limits anything she could do to help. Though it would be nice if they'd even talked about it onscreen. But like Nexus I was expected Devoe to get involved once Barry was left solo, I'm sure it'll come into play later but that portal tracking business seemed like they were setting up Barry knowing where he was to beg for help.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I half expected Barry to lob the nuke into DeVoe's pocket dimension.

But i wish they'd make their mind up on Barry's speed. One minute he's not fast enough to get through a portal, next he can run around for 30minutes while the world is essentially stopped. With the speed he showed this episode he should never be hit by any punch or projectile/particle weapon ever. Whenever DeVoe pops up with his chair next time Barry could simply run up and dismantle it before DeVoe even knew what happened...

Associate
Further than that, Lois and Clark did that episode too. Guess it's one of those required episodes of these shows, and based on a thousand and one silver age stories where that parrot in the writers room just kept saying "lois gets powers, lois gets powers"

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Supergirl is best of the bunch at the moment.

Followed surprisingly by LoT simply because they've embraced the fact they've jumped the shark and just gone with it.

Flash can't make it's mind up what it wants to do.

Arrow is just... bad. Really really... bad.

Back
Top Bottom