The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
If anyone of you do visit Finland - Helsinki in particular - they have ice cream kiosks everywhere.
I thought it strange when i visited but my male :rolleyes: friend told me they are very popular.

Perhaps Hammond was having a dig at the Finnish and no one else.

Jezza has said a bridge has a slope on it, lorry drivers murder prostitutes in between gear changes, hit a producer etc etc etc.

Hammond makes a comment on ice cream and the PC brigade start weighing in. If you don't like the show don't bl00dy watch it and do your knitting instead.(Have i offended any knitters out there?)

If anyone of you do visit Finland - Helsinki in particular - they have ice cream kiosks everywhere.
I thought it strange when i visited but my male :rolleyes: friend told me they are very popular.

Jezza has said a bridge has a slope on it, lorry drivers murder prostitutes in between gear changes, hit a producer etc etc etc.

Hammond makes a comment on ice cream and the PC brigade start weighing in. If you don't like the show don't bl00dy watch it and do your knitting instead.(Have i offended any knitters out there?)

Its nearly 2017 mate

Being Gay is a non issue...

Its not about being PC...it just highlights the fact that Hammond is more of a tool than we first thought...With his silly Cowboy boots and dyed hair and silly suits :p

Its nearly 2017 mate

Being Gay is a non issue...

Its not about being PC...it just highlights the fact that Hammond is more of a tool than we first thought...With his silly Cowboy boots and dyed hair and silly suits :p

It's nearly 2017 mate... don't judge a man on his fashion sense

For me it's less that the comment could have been offensive, it's that it was clearly put in there to get people talking about how un-PC these guys are and how they would never have been able to say that on the BBC. It also wasn't funny. The increased budget has made no noticeable difference to the quality of the show, and the mandatory removal of certain segments has prompted the replacement with some quite contrived set pieces. A couple of years ago you could watch it and see a few mates messing around, it feels a lot more like enforced fun time now.

true pc culture

shame 2016 couldn't kill it

I do not think 'pc culture' means what you think it means.

joke is a strong word for it i think

It was not funny, it was a pathetic and crass comment. It's not 'politically correct' to think someone's a door handle for saying something stupid, let alone, that getting past a production team.

Just because the oaf Clarkson has 'said worse' does not excuse other people.

Just read a serious sounding article in the Independant saying James May thinks Jezza is a ****. How retarded are these morons? It baffles me that people cant take the way these 3 are with each other as a joke.

The Hammond 'gay' thing just highlights the state of modern society getting offended at anything and crying in the corner over it.

At least thats what the media would have you believe...

This really is turning out for me to be so very much less than I hoped for and expected.

Watched some of the latest episode last night and - again - turned to something else, just not funny and no where near the feel of the old TG.

I'm actually looking forward to the next series of TG more than the next episode of TGT, especially now Evans has gone and after viewing their trailer.

TGT promised so much but isn't in the main delivering for me.

Last edited:
This really is turning out for me to be so very much less than I hoped for and expected.

Watched some of the latest episode last night and - again - turned to something else, just not funny and no where near the feel of the old TG.

I'm actually looking forward to the next series of TG more than the next episode of TGT, especially now Evans has gone and after viewing their trailer.

TGT promised so much but isn't in the main delivering for me.
Don't forget to tune in next week to tell us for the fourth time how you couldn't bear it and had to switch it off ::p

I do not think 'pc culture' means what you think it means.

It was not funny, it was a pathetic and crass comment. It's not 'politically correct' to think someone's a door handle for saying something stupid, let alone, that getting past a production team.

Just because the oaf Clarkson has 'said worse' does not excuse other people.

Calm down dear. A bloke said something that you didn't think was funny; there's really no need for all this foaming at the mouth.

Back
Top Bottom