The Grand Tour

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
It is a bit meh to be fair. Gives me something to watch though.

Enjoyed the Henry Ford bit, never knew that Ford was that close to buying out Ferrari. Imagine the cars that would be missing now if that had happened. No F40.

Thought part one of this beach buggy special dragged a little to be honest.

Found myself surfing whilst having it on in the background, very unlike me!
I think so far the series has been ok, not great, just ok. It's had good bits in it but seems strained, drawn out.

Will always watch it though, looks good in 4K HDR!

It's weird, didn't mind Hammond and fav person was May but they have somehow changed a bit. Hammond is now annoying and May looks permently grumpy!

Although I enjoy it I think they insult the viewers intelligence. I understand it's for a sort of storyline but do they really expect us to believe they do not have gps? I am sure there may not be detailed maps for that area but they could navigate towards the direction of a gps waypoint? Although I liked the scenery on the beach, the whole section could have been cut and not drawing out over 2 episodes.

Although I enjoy it I think they insult the viewers intelligence. I understand it's for a sort of storyline but do they really expect us to believe they do not have gps? I am sure there may not be detailed maps for that area but they could navigate towards the direction of a gps waypoint? Although I liked the scenery on the beach, the whole section could have been cut and not drawing out over 2 episodes.

I was especially impressed by the way Clarkson was able to drive a V8 through sand dunes for 3 days without any mention of the bottomless fuel tank he had managed to fabricate.

For a car show there is a surprising dearth of car content and the last two episodes in Namibia just feel like ep2 with it being completely drawn out and lacking any sort of engagement. Have just ended up with it on in the background.

Last edited:
For a car show there is a surprising dearth of car content and the last two episodes in Namibia just feel like ep2 with it being completely drawn out and lacking any sort of engagement. Have just ended up with it on in the background.

It's an entertainment show, just like top gear was.

Oh and McLaren P1, Ferrari La Ferrari, Porsche 918, Aston Martin Vulcan, Aston Martin DB11, Rolls Royce Dawn, Dodge Challenger, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, BMW M4 GTS, Mazda MX5, Zenos, Alfa Romeo 4c Spider, Ford Mustang, Ford Focus RS, Ford GT40, Ferrari P3 and finally Beach buggies

Not bad for 6 normal episodes and 2 specials of not a car show tbh.

And yeah, I enjoyed the hell out of the second special. First was a bit slow, but this one was much more fun and seriously spectacular views in places. Really should get a 4k set in the new year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom